Newcastle United vs. Wigan Athletic - 03/12/2012 @ 8pm (Sky Sports 1)

TheGuv

that makes more sense  :lol:

that's what he tried last time, doesn't work. Martinez's 3-4-3 gets players in positions it's hard to defend against, and benefits from being unusual - teams don't know how to defend it. With the team we have atm we need to make sure we're not overwhelmed in the middle.

Where's good in town to watch this? A bit of atmosphere but not too crammed, perhaps.

St. James' Park..... :shifty:

:clap:

not coming down the Red Lion?

Nah I finish work just beforehand, so will have to be in town somewhere. Just need to find a place.

Gonna be 10-15 minutes late for this one. Guess they just leave one turnstile open in each section? I ages since I missed a kick off.

They'll probably be mostly open if you're only 10minutes late like. I'm a seasoned pro when it comes to lateness. :lol:

I arrived like half an hour late or something once and the turnstiles were closed but found a steward who took us in through the posh bit (just through it like, we didnt get to stay there).

If you turn up late for level 7 they let you use the lift. Result. Did this for the Arsenal 4-4. I knew it was 0-2 when I got in the lift, then it was 3-0 when I got out. :lol:

4am here but thankfully no work tomorrow (not that it usually stops me :lol:).  I'm swinging between a pessimistic 0-3 and a vaguely optimistic 2-1.  Think they'll definitely get at least one so i'm hoping we attack them and try and impose ourselves a little.

An early goal for us would be a bad thing I think as I can see us trying to shut up shop and defend it and against an open, free flowing side like Wigan and with our shambles of a defence right now I don't think we'd be able to.

Guest neesy111

Wanting a home game against Wigan to be called off! :lol: This is exactly the kind of game we need to bounce back.

Yeah we do.

Wanting a home game against Wigan to be called off! :lol: This is exactly the kind of game we need to bounce back.

Yeah we do.

This is the most winnable game this side of Christmas. Why increase the tension and pressure on the players by delaying a game?

Guest SweMatt

Feels like a tipping point tonight, game on Sky, must win. Monday night so the sole focus for the papers tomorrow. Need a convincing win, and to kick on from here.

I couldn't care less *how* we win. I'd prefer to be given four bad penalties and win 4-3 before playing attractive football ending up with a 1-0 loss.  :undecided:

Guest SweMatt

Krul

Simpson Williamson Coloccini Santon

Anita Tioté Gutierrez

Marveaux      Cissé              Ba

PPLLLLZZZZZZZ

This one for me as well!  O0