Newcastle United 3 - 0 Wigan - 03/12/12 - post-match reaction from page 41

Dave

Never a pen in a million years. Shocking decision.

Really?

To me it's clear as day as a pen and a red. Cisse's through on goal and the CB shoves him out of the way, if that's not a penalty and "denying a goalscoring opportunity" what is? I'd be pissed if it went against us, but only because our CB was so fucking stupid to make a challenge like that.

Well that went about as well as could be possibly hoped. Nobody will convince me the penalty/red card was the right decision; I'd be f***ing livid if that happened to us. But we need a few lucky breaks like that in our position, and from then on we put together a few nice attacking moves in the space created.

As posted before, I hope we don't come out looking to preserve energy now. These are there for the taking and we can get some goals if we really want to.

Watch the replay, The wigan defender is idiotic, he clearly pushes Cisse off the ball it's in the penalty area Cisse would have had a clear chance of a goal. It was as easy a decision as I think you will see. That happens outside the box it's a foul every time.

It's not that easy a decision as we had a very similar one on Pienaar last week which wasn't given. Bundled over in the box and didn't get the ball, very similar. Zero consistency.

Atmosphere god awful again.

could give a toss about them plums in the stadium, shouting shoot all the time, clueless.

f***ing hell. Can't stand posts like this.

I agree, in the end they're the ones paying the money to watch this so they're entitled to shout wtf they want, even though it is annoying as hell as Tiote really listens to the fans :lol:

they are entitled to shout what they like,im just saying what kind of atmosphere can you expect from fans with the mentality of "shoot shoot shoot" when they see a defensive midfielder cross the halfway line.

Been going on for years man, fucking hell.

Great slice of luck for us - somewhat generated by our movement leading up to the penalty.

Really hope we make the most of this opportunity. By all means, work hard to get a clean sheet, but enjoy/learn how to attack/dominate.

Lot of the first half criticism seems OTT. Understandable given the frustration with the team/manager before the game though I suppose.

Atmosphere god awful again.

could give a toss about them plums in the stadium, shouting shoot all the time, clueless.

f***ing hell. Can't stand posts like this.

I agree, in the end they're the ones paying the money to watch this so they're entitled to shout wtf they want, even though it is annoying as hell as Tiote really listens to the fans :lol:

they are entitled to shout what they like,im just saying what kind of atmosphere can you expect from fans with the mentality of "shoot shoot shoot" when they see a defensive midfielder cross the halfway line.

Been going on for years man, f***ing hell.

hence the atmosphere been shit for years.

Never a pen in a million years. Shocking decision.

Really?

To me it's clear as day as a pen and a red. Cisse's through on goal and the CB shoves him out of the way, if that's not a penalty and "denying a goalscoring opportunity" what is? I'd be p*ssed if it went against us, but only because our CB was so f***ing stupid to make a challenge like that.

No way in the world was that a penalty. It was shoulder to shoulder, definitely not a red.

Cisse has chased absolutely everything today, tireless.

Not just that but him and Ba seem to have a bit of freedom and not just sticking to their positions and linking up quite well....

As long as players roam and swap positions i don't think it matters where they play.