Fulham 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 10/12/12 - post-match reaction from page 57

Dave

Seems we all can agree that both our tempo and movement are a million miles from where they should be. The coaching staff can no doubt also see this. I'd love to know what's going on in training. We have a few players who aren't good enough and we have others who have stopped doing what they did best.

Tiote should never have the ball at his feet for longer than 2 or 3 seconds, he's getting closed down very quickly now. Players need to make themselves available as soon as he gains possession. This immediately stops any speed in our play, the opposition get organised and we don't have the midfield to then create gaps or run in behind to disrupt the opposition shape (yes we have HBA - but we can't expect him to do it all)

Jonas isn't contributing at all.

We have others who simply aren't good enough and I'll not criticise them for that.

I actually think if we got Tiote to do what he should be doing that it would solve a lot of the other issues.

I thought this was quite an even game. Don't think either team were particularly lucky/unlucky - both hit the woodwork, both had efforts cleared off the line, both had a goal take a deflection. Ultimately it was - at least it looked like - some shite marking for the winner which gave them the points.

I thought Anita looked a really tidy player. I think what you missed was someone centrally from midfield linking the play with the front men. Ben Arfa was all over the place trying to do something but it felt very forced (as in there was no-one else doing it). Dare I say if a fully-fit and firing Cabaye was playing instead of Jonas there would have been a different outcome?

Don't think it looked like "relegation stuff" at all but maybe that's just my own opinion. Still absolutely convinced you'll finish comfortable top half.

I thought this was quite an even game. Don't think either team were particularly lucky/unlucky - both hit the woodwork, both had efforts cleared off the line, both had a goal take a deflection. Ultimately it was - at least it looked like - some s**** marking for the winner which gave them the points.

I thought Anita looked a really tidy player. I think what you missed was someone centrally from midfield linking the play with the front men. Ben Arfa was all over the place trying to do something but it felt very forced (as in there was no-one else doing it). Dare I say if a fully-fit and firing Cabaye was playing instead of Jonas there would have been a different outcome?

Don't think it looked like "relegation stuff" at all but maybe that's just my own opinion. Still absolutely convinced you'll finish comfortable top half.

:serious:

Erm, pretty sure it did. :lol:

If it doesn't, it's out-of-this-world shit goalkeeping. The same thing which made Adam Johnson's goal at the weekend apparently not very good. ;)

I was laughing at the goal, it was like Ben Arfa thought "I am working with idiots, have this."

Guest neesy111

It's pretty clear on TV the deflection put's the spin on the ball that makes it dip into the goal, would have just went over otherwise.

I didn't actually think we played too badly last night, bar the first 20 mins or so I think we were the team asking most of the questions. Having 20 or so shots is not a bad performance. I think we deserved something out of it, but again shot ourselves in the foot by conceding sloppy goals with stupid fouls, poor tackling and poor marking. Swap the front pairings Ba/Cisse and Berbatov/Roudlega last night and we would have won at a canter I think.

Erm, pretty sure it did. :lol:

If it doesn't, it's out-of-this-world s*** goalkeeping. The same thing which made Adam Johnson's goal at the weekend apparently not very good. ;)

I was laughing at the goal, it was like Ben Arfa thought "I am working with idiots, have this."

I dunno man. The flight of the ball looks natural to me in the replays from as soon as it leaves his foot. It certainly didn't change direction. A slight deflection may have changed it trajectory tho. Schwarzer was expecting a cross, and I think that's why he was caught out.

It deflected off Riise's(?) leg. Saw about twelve replays of the moment it contacted the leg.

Addition: not that it affected anything for Marky Schwarz, he was just going the wrong way. All it did was make it go a bit... dippier?

It deflected off Riise's(?) leg. Saw about twelve replays of the moment it contacted the leg.

Possibly off his shin pads? Watching the replay on a dodgy vid now, and that's the only point of contact it would have made with his leg. You just don't see an obvious change in the flight of the ball at all, which is why I still think it was a superb golazo

I mean, they super zoomed in on the shot and the spin of the ball changed because of the deflection. I really don't think it made a grand deal of difference to the shot, it was certainly not going the direction that Schwarzer went, but it definitely clipped his shin/ankle/something.

Guest neesy111

Dunno how anyone can say it CLEARLY took a deflection, I watched it a million times last night and couldn't see it.

Time to get HD?

Dunno how anyone can say it CLEARLY took a deflection, I watched it a million times last night and couldn't see it.

Time to get HD?

I was watching in 1080p, and still didn't see a thing, if there was it was extremely slight and there was no visible deviation in the ball's flight.