Fulham 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 10/12/12 - post-match reaction from page 57

Dave

Thought we were excellent without being incisive tonight, can count ourselves really unlucky to lose. Fulham played like the away side from their first goal onwards and were just too hard to break down. Never usually leave an away match feeling hard done by but tonight I certainly did.

Whether that tallies up with how people on here saw it I don't know yet. I suspect not. :lol:

Guest Dontooner

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF

Not that much today.

Not after he sub Ben for Shola, thats when i started downing 6 beers....watching the tactical genius at work with his no. 1 most prefer style "Hoof Ball" ...

I mean i never liked him from the get go, but he is killing me...

Proper gutted. Should've won never mind drawn. Something has clicked in those last couple of games. Passing it about, playing so much better than a few games ago. Shame we've got man city next, we'd be beating Swansea and west ham ATM. Cracking atmosphere tonight too.

I can't believe anyone who watched the game is claiming we hoofed it! We so didnt, the problems came from

Shooting, marking and at times not hoofing it and beig too clever was our problem tonight

This place makes me laugh reading match threads when we lose.  Pardew getting slated, Williamson getting slated, Tiote and Cisse getting slated, Simpson is s***, Krul can't kick, why take HBA off etc etc.  Read the last pages from post match reaction and think one person has mentioned the reason we lost the game,  Colo switching off, not marking and letting HIS man get a free header from 6 yards.  He was also 80% at fault for the first goal.

Great player but since Suarez ran him ragged at Anfield he's been all over the place,  cost us the game tonight and the game at Stoke.

Yes people can make excuses about playing with Williamson etc but the simple fact is we were defending a free kick and he didn't do his job and we lost.

Proper gutted. Should've won never mind drawn. Something has clicked in those last couple of games. Passing it about, playing so much better than a few games ago. Shame we've got man city next, we'd be beating Swansea and west ham ATM. Cracking atmosphere tonight too.

:thup: Spot on.

This place makes me laugh reading match threads when we lose.  Pardew getting slated, Williamson getting slated, Tiote and Cisse getting slated, Simpson is s***, Krul can't kick, why take HBA off etc etc.  Read the last pages from post match reaction and think one person has mentioned the reason we lost the game,  Colo switching off, not marking and letting HIS man get a free header from 6 yards.  He was also 80% at fault for the first goal.

Great player but since Suarez ran him ragged at Anfield he's been all over the place,  cost us the game tonight and the game at Stoke.

Yes people can make excuses about playing with Williamson etc but the simple fact is we were defending a free kick and he didn't do his job and we lost.

Needless to say I don't agree but if we're playing well and losing and we're playing badly and losing then what have we got?

We cannot win away. We cannot come from behind. We can barely win at home. We cannot create chances. We cannot score from set pieces. We cannot defend.

I'm struggling to see any light at the end of the tunnel.

Needless to say I don't agree but if we're playing well and losing and we're playing badly and losing then what have we got?

We cannot win away. We cannot come from behind. We can barely win at home. We cannot create chances. We cannot score from set pieces. We cannot defend.

You don't agree with what?  that colo sleeping at the free kick hasn't cost us getting something from the game?

Guest firetotheworks

You don't agree with what?  that colo sleeping at the free kick hasn't cost us getting something from the game?

In black and white terms, yes. Colo, although out of form, is a symptom of our problems, not the root of them.

I can't believe anyone who watched the game is claiming we hoofed it! We so didnt, the problems came from

Shooting, marking and at times not hoofing it and beig too clever was our problem tonight

Tbf taking Ben Arfa off boiled my blood so hard it was hard to see anything over the blood rushing to my head.

Just got in from the game.

Credit to our fans, travelling and London-based, we kept up a decent atmosphere throughout.

Thought we deserved something out of the game for sure. At 1-1 I was absolutely sure we would go on and win it. We were clearly playing some decent football marred by inexplicable passing to the opposition from Tiote, Williamson and the usual suspects.

I hated the substitution, but I can only assume it was because HBA wasn't fit enough to play the full 90 minutes. Otherwise it was indefensible, I can't believe it could have been tactical. Before that we really should have replaced Jonas with Marveaux and we might just have found another couple of bits of penetration.

Generally our weaknesses are well known. The right half of the back four is basically completely ineffective. And worse, they often put us under pressure from seemingly safe situations.

Our other weakness for me isn't to do with systems or formations - it's that we have next to no movement off the ball. This became particularly apparent in the second half, I guess as we got tired. Anita and Ben Arfa and maybe Santon are our only players who know how to move into space and show for the ball.

Overall very disappointed with the result but happier with the performance than any recent trip to Fulham. Both of their goals were soft and we could easily have had 2 or 3 more of our own.

Tbf taking Ben Arfa off boiled my blood so hard it was hard to see anything over the blood rushing to my head.

Surely Barfa was taken off cos he's just back from injury?

Guest hatem garrincha

Don't know why Pardew subbed Ben Arfa. He was in a good period and didn't look tired. I was sure he was going to score another one.

I'm very surprised by the venom on here since I got in from the match. My feeling was that we played better but were let down by giving the ball away too much and a bit of bad luck. We weren't outplayed and we didn't deserve to lose.

We did look too easy to break down at times though, I would admit that.

I'm very surprised by the venom on here since I got in from the match. My feeling was that we played better but were let down by giving the ball away too much and a bit of bad luck. We weren't outplayed and we didn't deserve to lose.

We did look too easy to break down at times though, I would admit that.

We played better but we were coming from such a low starting level of performance it's hard to quantify it properly. We weren't outplayed but nor did we create as many 'clear cut' chances as they did, need to be more incisive/forceful.

Just got home, can only echo pretty much what Ian W said tbh. Definitely didn't deserve to lose that.

Of course that horrific cunt Duff had to set up their goal. Complete nutsack.

I loved the slight delay on celebrating Ben Arfa's goal, wasn't sure if it went in for a second :lol: then went ape shit :lol:

Yeah, for sure.

I'm just saying that nobody at the match was raging that I could here, or going mental slagging Pardew or the team. We could see that they were trying to play the right way for the most part, and we definitely deserved something from the game.

I shouldn't be surprised that the negativity on here is always far above the average. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.