Newcastle Utd 1 - 3 Man City - 15/12/12 - post-match reaction from page 32

Beren

Guest hatem garrincha

Our players can't be confident when they know they're starting with Perch and Jonas in midfield.

Why is Marveaux on the bench ffs ?

Despite probably going onto to lose this, lets keep our heads held high as this is a huge improvement on a month ago. Why couldn't we have had these games in November and played the 'weaker' teams now we're back to the form were showing last season?

We've been like this for years, raising our game against better opposition.  You put Stoke or West Ham in front of us for the second half and we'd be sloppy as fuck and lazy and would ship two or three goals just as easily :undecided:

Despite probably going onto to lose this, lets keep our heads held high as this is a huge improvement on a month ago. Why couldn't we have had these games in November and played the 'weaker' teams now we're back to the form were showing last season?

We've been like this for years, raising our game against better opposition.  You put Stoke or West Ham in front of us for the second half and we'd be sloppy as fuck and lazy and would ship two or three goals just as easily :undecided:

:thup:

From the games i've seen this season, i think overall this is the best we've looked all season, high tempo, movement and quick passing. 2-0 feels unfair imo. Very positive play from us. Feels weird actually, i shouldn't be happy at 0-2 down but i feel positive somehow because of our display overall.

I love Anita!

Agree, except we deserve to be losing. Defending has been as poor as is possible.

Yes, i added the bit about sloppy defending later. Lack of final ball sometimes but we've looked better than i've seen us apart from that. Cannot remember the last time we played so many quick passes forward, especially centrally. Anita is a class act!

I think we've tried to have a go at them, so that's some sort of positive.

The problem is that we're all over the shop as a result, City could easily have had four in that half.

Can't believe we're legitimately in a relegation battle this year. :(

Agree with you, but the attack hasn't been a positive IMO. Attacking that leaves you that vulnerable, and requires your centre-halfs to do laps up and down the pitch for 45 minute straight isn't a positive.

Aye, I meant more so that the intent to try and attack was some sort of positive.

The way we've gone about it has been absolutely laughable and reeks of a manager who has no idea how to play attacking football... but I didn't want to just moan.

It's not only that our defence has been poor. Cities attack today has been superb. Best they have done all season. Looks like they will score everytime they attack. Fantastic passing, good pace, with lots of players running forward making it very hard to defend against.

It's not only that our defence has been poor. Cities attack today has been superb. Best they have done all season. Looks like they will score everytime they attack. Fantastic passing, good pace, with lots of players running forward making it very hard to defend against.

We're just dreadful, man. City have been average by their standards.

I think we've tried to have a go at them, so that's some sort of positive.

The problem is that we're all over the shop as a result, City could easily have had four in that half.

Can't believe we're legitimately in a relegation battle this year. :(

Agree with you, but the attack hasn't been a positive IMO. Attacking that leaves you that vulnerable, and requires your centre-halfs to do laps up and down the pitch for 45 minute straight isn't a positive.

Aye, I meant more so that the intent to try and attack was some sort of positive.

The way we've gone about it has been absolutely laughable and reeks of a manager who has no idea how to play attacking football... but I didn't want to just moan.

:thup: :lol: Entirely understandable.

As perverse as it is, I've enjoyed the chaos in parts. In terms of a strategy, it reeks of desperation and things look bleak with Pardew, but... some sadistic part of me enjoyed watching Willo career forward to try volleys against Hart :lol:

I'm not sure what people are watching, that was fucking horrible. But we attacked. Yeah but we got nothing it was basic stuff and never really tested the keeper, the two saves he made were pretty simple for a pl keeper.

Its simply not good enough even accounting for the opposition. Thought we were a lot better against both wig an and fulham.