Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Eh? I specifically didn't say anything!

I love how your assumptions are valid and mine are ridiculous... that's fair.

"wait and see" has turned into a catchphrase.

I wouldn't call years of experience of selling players to fund new signings assumptions. Almost every signing we've made since Ashley turned up has been funded by player sales.

That's what happens when a club has been losing money, is trying break even and has an ownership that will only put a very finite amount of money into transfers/wages. That and shrewd/clever scouting. We'd best get used to it.

I would his imagine his use of "assumptions" is probably based on your notion that their is some kind of "specific player" for "specific player" plan in place.

Our finances are infinitely better than they were the day before Carroll left 2 years ago. I stopped believing the "we're so poor" lines quite a while back.

There does seem to be a player for player plan in place. It's very clear we're after Remy as a result of Ba's status and Pardew (and maybe Llambo) himself said we weren't buying a new left back until Enrique left because we didn't want 2 on the books. If we'd have found a buyer for Simpson last summer there'd have been far more chance of us getting Debuchy imo.

Also that purple player stuff. Whatever that is :lol:

Guest bimpy474

I wouldn't call years of experience of selling players to fund new signings assumptions. Almost every signing we've made since Ashley turned up has been funded by player sales.

That's what happens when a club has been losing money, is trying break even and has an ownership that will only put a very finite amount of money into transfers/wages. That and shrewd/clever scouting. We'd best get used to it.

I would his imagine his use of "assumptions" is probably based on your notion that their is some kind of "specific player" for "specific player" plan in place.

Our finances are infinitely better than they were the day before Carroll left 2 years ago. I stopped believing the "we're so poor" lines quite a while back.

There does seem to be a player for player plan in place. It's very clear we're after Remy as a result of Ba's status and Pardew (and maybe Llambo) himself said we weren't buying a new left back until Enrique left because we didn't want 2 on the books. If we'd have found a buyer for Simpson last summer there'd have been far more chance of us getting Debuchy imo.

This all ties in with the 11 purple player nonsense. They have to stop thinking like that and be a bit more flexible. Not likely i know.

I don't even mind the purple player thing, it seems like a pretty sensible approach but they have to increase the number of purple players from 11 to 13/14 if we want a competitive squad. They also need to significantly improve the quality of some of our fringe players because they are quite simply not good enough.

Guest bimpy474

I don't even mind the purple player thing, it seems like a pretty sensible approach but they have to increase the number of purple players from 11 to 13/14 if we want a competitive squad. They also need to significantly improve the quality of some of our fringe players because they are quite simply not good enough.

Aye, thats why i said being a bit flexible with it. Scary just how daft they are thinking that 11 is enough.

Aye, thats why i said being a bit flexible with it. Scary just how daft they are thinking that 11 is enough.

It's a system that relies on every purple player performing to the best of their ability all the time, otherwise it's just a wasted purple slot. Look at the situation with Jonas now - he offers f*** all but is still one of our purple players. 

Assuming these are the 11 purple players there's not much room for juggling the pack at all.

Krul

S Taylor

Colo

Santon

Jonas

Cabaye

Tiote

Anita

Ba

Cisse

Ben Arfa

At a push, and taking into consideration the improved form of Anita, i'd say the only ones we could afford to lose are Jonas and Tiote.

They didn't. It was 8 plus Anita iirc.*

To be fair, I think what Pardew had to say in the Chronicle gives some hope now that when faced with the club 'not being able to afford more purples', or 'the club can't afford to not invest in more purples', they'll opt for the latter more often than in the past.

* "Where we are now is that we have, in effect, 11 purples if you count Anita - he can play midfield, right-back, left-back. You can't have two purples per position because the club can't afford it. You have to be realistic."

Guest bimpy474

They didn't. It was 8 plus Anita iirc.*

To be fair, I think what Pardew had to say in the Chronicle gives some hope now that when faced with the club 'not being able to afford more purples', or 'the club can't afford to not invest in more purples', they'll opt for the latter more often than in the past.

* "Where we are now is that we have, in effect, 11 purples if you count Anita - he can play midfield, right-back, left-back. You can't have two purples per position because the club can't afford it. You have to be realistic."

Wat !!!! Just 9 players, have they never heard of injuries....really is clown school days with them two.

Its a nice sentiment but it just doesn't work if you want to finish in the top ten of the Premiership........think there mental tbh.

Also that purple player stuff. Whatever that is :lol:

You don't say!  :yikes:

I don't think "we're so poor" either. Latest noises have us around the break even point, which in European football nowadays actually makes us one of the richer clubs.

Guest bimpy474

It's a system that relies on every purple player performing to the best of their ability all the time, otherwise it's just a wasted purple slot. Look at the situation with Jonas now - he offers f*** all but is still one of our purple players. 

Assuming these are the 11 purple players there's not much room for juggling the pack at all.

Krul

S Taylor

Colo

Santon

Jonas

Cabaye

Tiote

Anita

Ba

Cisse

Ben Arfa

At a push, and taking into consideration the improved form of Anita, i'd say the only ones we could afford to lose are Jonas and Tiote.

Yep and getting no injuries, Thick as pig shit thinking. Or should that be money saving thinking which i understand but you simply can't do that if want a club to stay in the top ten or so. I'm not even suggesting FFS style of spending but just a little bit more open minded and flexible type of approach.

Guest nufc1892

Saggy face Redknapp probably has his agent on speed dial sitting waiting by the phone for the clock to strike midnight on New Years Eve

I thought Remy was an either side of the centre forward in a front three tyoe forward. If he isn't i don't know why we're going after him.

He is. Whenever I have seen an OM game he's always played straight off or to one side of people like Gignac or Brandao.

Used to love that little fluidity they had, where Remy would start on a wing and cut inside while Valbuena drifted outside to fill the gap.

Who knows? Pardew has said in the past that he was after one player and ended up getting more, just ignore the paper chatter.

Just imagine if we got remy, debauchy and maybe even douglas too......stranger things have happened :)

From what I've seen of him he'd be pretty well suited to that role, unlike our 2.

Yeah. Hugely off-form this season, but from what i've seen he's ideal for the 4-3-3. I think him and Ben Arfa either side of Ba or Cisse would be a top class front line.