Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Was worried to see he has only scored 1 league goal this season. Then i realised he has only played 410 minutes of football. Now I'm worried why he has only played 410 minutes of football.

He was injured at the start and Marseille went with Gignac and now he's first choice.

Not a strange thing to do tbh, for example at Bayern.... Gomez will injured at the beginning of season, Manzukic came in and has been great and now Gomez is on the bench.

I'm not really worried about that tbh.

Do you know how Marseille usually line up? The Ghanaian forwards they have, have played more games than Gignac.

Was worried to see he has only scored 1 league goal this season. Then i realised he has only played 410 minutes of football. Now I'm worried why he has only played 410 minutes of football.

He was injured at the start and Marseille went with Gignac and now he's first choice.

Not a strange thing to do tbh, for example at Bayern.... Gomez will injured at the beginning of season, Manzukic came in and has been great and now Gomez is on the bench.

I'm not really worried about that tbh.

Do you know how Marseille usually line up? The Ghanaian forwards they have, have played more games than Gignac.

The Ayew's  :pedro:

Don't watch them this season i'm just saying what french journos have said :lol:

They surely know what they are talking about no?

Unless they are relying on inside information from Joey Barton given to them before he could speak French.

Newcastle United have wasted little time in their attempts to replace Demba Ba, having opened transfer talks with Loïc Rémy after meeting Marseilles’ £9.75 million valuation of the France forward.

Ba’s £7.5 million move to Chelsea has yet to be rubber-stamped, but Alan Pardew, the Newcastle manager, is planning for life without the Senegal forward, who has scored 13 goals in the Barclays Premier League this season.

A £5 million deal with Lille to bring in Mathieu Debuchy, the France right back, is expected to go through in the next 24 hours as Pardew seeks to bolster a squad undermined by injuries and a failure to strengthen sufficiently during the summer.

Newcastle face competition from Tottenham Hotspur for Rémy, the former Lyons and Nice forward. Despite their perilous league position — two points above the relegation places after nine defeats in their past 11 league games — Pardew insists that he has little difficulty in selling the club to potential recruits.

“I don’t really think that’s a problem,” he said. “The problem you’ve got is getting a striker in this window, it’s not easy. Mike Ashley [the owner] has been supportive, of course he has. He has to be even more so in this window and he has to find the extra money for the striker. We’re not going to buy one for the money we’ve received for Demba. Money’s tight here, and we’re trying to get the best deal.

“You have less options when it comes to buying players in January, but it doesn’t mean to say it’s more difficult. There’s always a player who can enhance a team. I’d like to have a player with real power and pace who is going to threaten at set-plays.

“There was so much concern over the Demba situation and it was difficult for the

players because they were in the dark a little bit, and so was I. We didn’t know if he was going to go at the start or the end of the window, or if he was going at all. Of course, we wouldn’t be competent if we didn’t look to replace him, which we have. Hopefully we can get that one in.”

The final cost of any package to sign Rémy, 26, will impinge on any additional business Newcastle conduct this month and Pardew added: “A lot’s going to depend on how much the striker costs us. That’s something we’ll come to later in the window. The imminent return to fitness of Steven Taylor and getting Debuchy has helped us massively on the defensive side, but I still think perhaps another one is what we need.”

Debuchy passed a medical yesterday, although Pardew conceded that given Newcastle’s troubles this season, his discussion with the 27-year-old before the 2-1 home defeat by Everton on Wednesday proved awkward: “It was difficult to explain to him the situation we’re in,” the manager said.

"In the summer, when we thought he was coming, he probably felt we were going to be a top-eight side. It was a bit of a different conversation, but he understands we’ve had some unusual conditions this season.”

Full article from the Times. Nothing new really.

"but I still think perhaps another one is what we need.”

Damn right we do, don't let another window pass by without a CB please for crying out loud.

Even if it means someone like Lescott on loan and a permanent solution in the summer i don't care just get it done.

Big big gamble, especially for Ashley. Would this be his record signing? (No doubt I'm forgetting someone obvious)

Coloccini was £10m reportedly.

Thought he was £9m plus addons.

Still big money for Ashley.

I'm sceptical, this seems like an altogether much too sensible thing to do. :lol:

Debuchy, Remy and center back with Ba leaving would be an immense window, even with no CB I'd be thrilled tbh.

I'm sceptical, this seems like an altogether much too sensible thing to do. :lol:

Debuchy, Remy and center back with Ba leaving would be an immense window, even with no CB I'd be thrilled tbh.

could people still make excuses if we didn't get a CB but got the others?

surely any manager worth his salt could work around the williamson problem

Debuchy and Remy would be the acceptable minimum imo, especially considering we should have signed one (probably both, but not necessarily Remy) in the summer.

Big big gamble, especially for Ashley. Would this be his record signing? (No doubt I'm forgetting someone obvious)

Coloccini was £10m reportedly.

Thought he was £9m plus addons.

Still big money for Ashley.

I thought we paid around 10 for Cisse too?

could people still make excuses if we didn't get a CB but got the others?

surely any manager worth his salt could work around the williamson problem

How exactly? It's a rather tall, slow and clumsy problem tbh.