Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Probably one for the unpopular opinion thread but I would have Jonas in ahead of Tiote.

Another one for said thread, Yorkie's first 2 line ups look class but I would worry about the protection our full backs would get (or not get). Both like to get forward as well. I know 'tackles' are mocked on here due to Pardew's over defensive approach but we can't just expect to attack teams non-stop for 90 minutes every game.

Personally the way i see it if we did go 442 and we did get that left winger in then i would set the CM positions up like this.

Cabaye-Sissoko then Anita-Jonas as back ups..... Anita is quite good at the Cabaye stuff and Jonas for all what everyone says about him is good at recovering the ball in midfield, winning free kicks, keeping the team ticking over and driving forward from a midfield position.

Actually i think a box to box midfield role is probably where you see the best of Jonas but obviously Sissoko is superior.

A lot of how we are going to play depends on who we buy though, still don't have the foggiest idea myself.

Probably one for the unpopular opinion thread but I would have Jonas in ahead of Tiote.

Another one for said thread, Yorkie's first 2 line ups look class but I would worry about the protection our full backs would get (or not get). Both like to get forward as well. I know 'tackles' are mocked on here due to Pardew's over defensive approach but we can't just expect to attack teams non-stop for 90 minutes every game.

Come on man you know we love to score early then sit back defensively until they turn us over come end of the game.

:lol:

I never said we didn't, in fact I said it was Pardew's fault we hate the idea of having to defend so much but we also can't go too mental no matter who is managing the side.

The first two sides Yorkie posted you have 7-8 of the outfield 10 who love to get forward. It could work but they would need to be VERY sensible and aware of where their team mates are or we could get absolutely raped on the break.

I could see us attacking like this -

-------------------------- Krul --------------------------

-------                    Yanga -------

--------------- Cabaye ------ Colo ----------------

Santon

Sissoko

Debuchy

HBA ---------------- Marv/Gouff --------------- Remy

------------------------- Cisse --------------------------

Then defending a counter like this

-------------------------- Krul --------------------------

-------                    Yanga  :frantic: -------

Colo                                                           

--------------- Cabaye -- ----------------

Sissoko

Debuchy

HBA ---------------- Marv/Gouff --------------- Remy

Santon

------------------------- Cisse --------------------------

Guest palnese

Been out all day; will this be announced tonight or tomorrow do people think?

Some journo said it would be done tonight.

I reckon tomorrow.... all those deals in January when we would put pictures up and not announcing the deal until the next day :lol:

Reckon it will happen again.

We signed all 3 at the same time and then did the announcements in 3 nights iirc? Club dragged all 3 out for the extra scope.

Could see an announcement tonight if they have sorted all the press out.

Mark Douglas ‏@MsiDouglas 1m

Genuine excitement at SJP at imminent Remy signing. Think they've landed a real player. Player has undergone lengthy medical but loan deal (as good as) tied up. Option to buy in June '14. #NUFC

Mark Douglas ‏@MsiDouglas 2m

Genuine excitement at SJP at imminent Remy signing. Think they've landed a real player. #nufc

Mark Douglas ‏@MsiDouglas 1m

Player has undergone lengthy medical but loan deal (as good as) tied up. Option to buy in June '14. #NUFC

If he's mint then hopefully we'll get him tied down permanently in January assuming all the rapey stuff is sorted and cushty.

I think that might be the case, similar to Ben Arfa when we didn't think he would settle in well at Newcastle and didn't want to risk the move and as soon as we realised it was a good move we signed him up ASAP.

Against the lesser teams and most home games i'd reaaaally like to see a front four with:

Cissé

Remy        Marveaux  Ben Arfa

Against the lesser teams and most home games i'd reaaaally to see a front four with:

Cissé

so :megusta: yet so depressing at the same time

Against the lesser teams and most home games i'd reaaaally like to see a front four with:

Cissé

Two sitting midfielders at home to shit teams, aye that'll show them.

Has he even played LW much or is he automatically being turned in to a trend inverted forward?

No, no, he needs to sign over the line.

Signed (player)....................................................................

LOICREMY

like that

Cissé

Two sitting midfielders at home to s*** teams, aye that'll show them.

Has he even played LW much or is he automatically being turned in to a trend inverted forward?

Who said anything about two sitting midfielders? And i wouldn't play either of HBA/Remy as wingers, more like wide forwards.