Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Really hope he does. Looking forward to getting him in the team, I think he'll have a really good season whether it be as a left forward or striker. Think he'll move to a 'big' club next Summer though.

Christ on a bike.

Southampton or Swansea maybe.

Guest reefatoon

Going to get lambasted for this..... but we do realize Southampton's owner has 3 times the wealth of Mike Ashley yes?

That's it, time to open the cans of lambast.

Going to get lambasted for this..... but we do realize Southampton's owner has 3 times the wealth of Mike Ashley yes?

Irrelevant imo, me or you could take the club over and it'd be run better.

Your given me far too much credit there :lol:

I do agree though, i was just saying its not like Southampton are lacking in cash they have very wealthy benefactors backing them.

I don't think people realise how much money they have, they are not like Norwich etc etc who are clearly stooping into the TV money they actually have significant cash flow to call upon.

Irrelevant imo, me or you could take the club over and it'd be run better.

I do agree though, i was just saying its not like Southampton are lacking in cash they have very wealthy benefactors backing them.

I don't think people realise how much money they have, they are not like Norwich etc etc who are clearly stooping into the TV money they actually have significant cash flow to call upon.

Fair one.

The bloke who bought Southampton died and they are now owned by his daughter who has no interest in football or Southampton.

The club is more likely to be sold than money thrown at it.

The bloke who bought Southampton died and they are now owned by his daughter who has no interest in football or Southampton.

The club is more likely to be sold than money thrown at it.

When did he die? They've apparently spent £25m so far this summer.

He died a while ago, they are still being run as a business and will buy and sell but not on a scale that would suggest they are being run by an idiot with loads of cash.

We're the ones being run by an idiot with loads of cash and we're spending nothing.  Southampton are being run like a football club with a bit more ambition than spending as little as possible to survive and advertising a shitty brand.

Guest reefatoon

He died a while ago, they are still being run as a business and will buy and sell but not on a scale that would suggest they are being run by an idiot with loads of cash.

We're the ones being run by an idiot with loads of cash and we're spending nothing.  Southampton are being run like a football club with a bit more ambition than spending as little as possible to survive and advertising a shitty brand.

Christ, so the daughter has come into the money, she has absolutely no interest in football or Southampton, yet, is still managing to put our owner to shame. The joys

Guest Craig-NUFC

The daughter isn't the one running the club, it's some bloke who used to be a finance manager. He's a bit of a dick and unliked by all accounts. Sounds like Ashley in that he runs the club like a business and is disliked by fans because of it.

Southampton have come up with a Championship squad with Championship level costs (I'd be surprised if their total costs were anywhere near £20m per year in the Championship), so they've been spending the extra revenue now afforded to them by the Premier League.  They've probably now bridged the gap between the costs they had when they came up and the hugely increased revenue they now have so I doubt they'll keep spending big.  Also I wouldn't swap the players we've brought in over the last 3 windows for there's:

Dejan Lovren

Victor Wanyama

Jay Rodriguez

Steve Davis

Nathaniel Clyne

Paulo Gazzaniga

Emmanuel Mayuka

Gaston Ramirez

Maya Yoshida

Vegard Forren

£55m

Loïc Remy

Olivier Kemen

Vurnon Anita

Yoan Gouffran

Moussa Sissoko

Massadio Haidara

Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa

Mathieu Debuchy

Romain Amalfitano

Gael Bigirimana

Curtis Good

Kevin Mbabu

£28m

Even better if Gomis comes in (don't think Southampton are currently in for anymore players?).

Going to be interesting next summer when the increased TV money has been received.  If we're not spending then you'll even find me getting into the "where's the fucking money gone!" posts :lol:

Dunno if anyone listened to Total Sport last night, but Pardew admitted that Remy is like Cisse and there's work to do on the two as a partnership. Hints at 4-4-2. Also hints at shoe-horning signings into the side because they're available, as opposed to tailoring signings for the squad/our style of play (as if we needed confirmation).

Dunno if anyone listened to Total Sport last night, but Pardew admitted that Remy is like Cisse and there's work to do on the two as a partnership. Hints at 4-4-2. Also hints at shoe-horning signings into the side because they're available, as opposed to tailoring signings for the squad/our style of play (as if we needed confirmation).

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/087/e/1/profile_picture_by_watfaceplz-d4u7trn.png

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/087/e/1/profile_picture_by_watfaceplz-d4u7trn.png

"He's an instinctive striker, a couple of the goals he got for QPR, if you're a football person you like them - they're a little bit out of the ordinary. That's what he offers a team. He might not be involved in the game for a period and you're thinking "where's Remy", then he'll just burst on the scene and score a goal and that's the type I think we need."

Lowes: "He sounds a bit Cisse-ish."

"He is a bit Cisse-ish. As a partnership, there's probably some work to do on those two cos they both wanna go in behind and stretch teams. Our link-up play is something we need to improve with Cisse and now Remy."