Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

FWIW I hate Kinnear and think he should never have been appointed. I have said that many times, it's properly tiring having to explain stuff like this over and over again.

All I said was that (NOW HE HAS BEEN APPOINTED) I will consider it a result if he manages not to wreck to our transfer dealings. Because that was in danger of happening.

FWIW again, it's nothing to do with my ambitions for the club (Dave) or my desire to defend everything (which doesn't exist).

Jeez.

Guest bimpy474

FWIW I hate Kinnear and think he should never have been appointed. I have said that many times, it's properly tiring having to explain stuff like this over and over again.

All I said was that (NOW HE HAS BEEN APPOINTED) I will consider it a result if he manages not to wreck to our transfer dealings. Because that was in danger of happening.

FWIW again, it's nothing to do with my ambitions for the club (Dave) or my desire to defend everything (which doesn't exist).

Jeez.

Where's the proof of that, other than disliking Kinnear. This isn't a dig at you by the way, it does seem a general opinion that we wont sign players because of Kinnear.

Jeez.

Where's the proof of that, other than disliking Kinnear. This isn't a dig at you by the way, it does seem a general opinion that we wont sign players because of Kinnear.

The proof that it was possible you mean? There isn't any really, it's just my opinion based on his previous experience, behaviour and the mental interviews he gave.

I could just imagine him blundering around, talking shite, and pissing everyone off. As I said at the time though, our best hope is that he isn't actually as bad as he came across.

Guest bimpy474

Jeez.

The proof that it was possible you mean? There isn't any really, it's just my opinion based on his previous experience, behaviour and the mental interviews he gave.

I could just imagine him blundering around, talking shite, and pissing everyone off. As I said at the time though, our best hope is that he isn't actually as bad as he came across.

Perceptions of him are that he's mental tbf, and understandable with some of interviews he's given. But as much as i dislike him being here i simply dont think players will go, who's this bloke i'm not signing. Or that he blunders about to casue that, he may or may not be very good as this job, time will tell. But he isn't going to spell doomsday as some think. Somewhere inbetween i reckon.

Jeez.

Perceptions of him are that he's mental tbf, and understandable with some of interviews he's given. But as much as i dislike him being here i simply dont think players will go, who's this bloke i'm not signing. Or that he blunders about to casue that, he may or may not be very good as this job, time will tell. But he isn't going to spell doomsday as some think. Somewhere inbetween i reckon.

That's what I'm hoping. And he doesn't seem to have done much actual damage yet, so fingers crossed. As long as the overall transfer policy remains the same, I'll be fairly satisfied. Just all the doomsday predictions about pulling out of the Douglas deal to sign Tomkins, and all that shite, was a bit worrying.

Agree with Ian here. 'What proof is there Kinnear would be bad?' ffs. :lol:

Director of Football, or any sort of job which involves dealing with agents, footballers or those with a very high level of self-importance requires a subtle, patient and smooth touch. Kinnear is an antagonistic, aggressive sweary sort and it's perfectly natural to assume he'd be shit at it.

Director of Football, or any sort of job which involves dealing with agents, footballers or those with a very high level of self-importance requires a subtle, patient and smooth touch. Kinnear is an antagonistic, aggressive sweary sort and it's perfectly natural to assume he'd be shit at it.

I'm undecided on it really.

Everything you say is true, but at the same time football is absolutely chock full of complete cunts. Agents, managers, players, DOFs, the lot. So in a way maybe Joe isn't so unusual.

Jeez.

Personally I think he might be more football savvy than Pardew. I remember when he was in charge during the relegation period and we weren't playing as bad football as we have under Pardew last year. The results were poor but at the time the squad was old and slow,and Ashley was not investing much at all.

Guest bimpy474

As manager of Wimbledon (i know), Kinnear bought players and that time he would have done most of the negotiating. And as a manager of other clubs he has bought players. To assume he would be disaster is fair enough on the shit we've seen. But whether you like it or not, he does know the in and outs of transfers. He may be shit, he may be great. Imo he'll be ok, just like Llambias was.

Just imo this, i prefer Joe to Llambias.

Guest bimpy474

Jeez.

Personally I think he might be more football savvy than Pardew. I remember when he was in charge during the relegation period and we weren't playing as bad football as we have under Pardew last year. The results were poor but at the time the squad was old and slow,and Ashley was not investing much at all.

Well i think he shouldn't be near the team that way, he's definite old school type. I just dont see the armageddon scenario with him as the DOF. I think he'll do ok, i'd be more worried about Pardew doing crap and Kinnear wanting take over. Then i can't see that because of his health. But that's what i fear most.

Signing or not signing players is irrelevant to me. The fact that Joe Kinnear is Director of Football tells me all I need to know about how the club is being run and I couldn't care less who's on the pitch because we're just counting down time to total disaster anyway.

It doesn't matter how nice the new chairs on the Titanic are. It's still the Titanic.

and it dosen´t matter when pardew is the manager. The squad has never been the biggest problem.

Pardew being manager just means the football will be bad. Kinnear just about guarantees that this club will face existential crisis at some point within the next season. Maybe two.

Kinnear being the director of football will have tragical consequences. It creates tears in the space time continuum and eventually those tears will cause the well known super volcano located under the Newcastle city center to erupt. Good luck everyone, stay close to the walls.

I think it's becoming pretty clear that a lot of our deals become complicated when it comes down to agent fees.

Didn't seem this complicated in January for some reason. Shit got done.

It seems the massive outrage at the JFK appointment has been made unjustified in the last two pages, shows what one loan signing and one interview where he didnt slag off everyone but his mother can do.  :lol:

Or are the assumption police out in force today, the specific crackdown is anything negative to be said about jfks ability to do his job whereas the batons were out for the past 6 weeks for quite the opposite opinion. I can't keep up.

We're for kinnear. We're not for kinnear has never been so apt it seems.

Guest bimpy474

It seems the massive outrage at the JFK appointment has been made unjustified in the last two pages, shows what one loan signing and one interview where he didnt slag off everyone but his mother can do.  :lol:

Or are the assumption police out in force today, the specific crackdown is anything negative to be said about jfks ability to do his job whereas the batons were out for the past 6 weeks for quite the opposite opinion. I can't keep up.

Bollocks, cant it just be that his isn't the devil and might not be a total disaster, and not the end of the club as some seem to make out.

Bollocks, cant it just be that his isn't the devil and might not be a total disaster, and not the end of the club as some seem to make out.

He's a mouthy cunt who is a puppet for Ashley, he's his drinking buddy, a job for a mate not for merit, he's a loose cannon, he's egotistical, he's a liar, he's inconsiderate, obnoxious, thick as pigshit, a complete joke to the modern day football world...Ian's hopes of him not wrecking the club are bang on, if he doesn't we've lucked out.

I was the first to say he spoke really well the other day, I've even hoped he can persuade Ashley to loosen his finances to get players in but lets not forget who appointed him and why, his previous and everything that goes with him when assuming what is going to happen in the future. Any dof is a big change, a one of his calibre and quality justs adds to the possibility of it going tits up.

Guest bimpy474

He's a mouthy cunt who is a puppet for Ashley, he's his drinking buddy, a job for a mate not for merit, he's a loose cannon, he's egotistical, he's a liar, he's inconsiderate, obnoxious, thick as pigshit, a complete joke to the modern day football world...Ian's hopes of him not wrecking the club are bang on, if he doesn't we've lucked out.

I was the first to say he spoke really well the other day, I've even hoped he can persuade Ashley to loosen his finances to get players in but lets not forget who appointed him and why, his previous and everything that goes with him when assuming what is going to happen in the future. Any dof is a big change, a one of his calibre and quality justs adds to the possibility of it going tits up.

There's no one saying they want him, you would be mad to imo, and he is a embarrassment when he speaks (the other day aside). I'm speaking just for me in this but i dont think he'll be a complete disaster bringing players in, that's all. Not good, just not completely terrible.

There's no one saying they want him, you would be mad to imo, and he is a embarrassment when he speaks (the other day aside). I'm speaking just for me in this but i dont think he'll be a complete disaster bringing players in, that's all. Not good, just not completely terrible.

Apparently he pulled the plug on Douglas for free. I'm personally not sure if it was a good move or not, but a lot seemed to be pissed and thought it was daft, a much better cb than willo on a free. If he stays for long enough he'll stop a deal you'd like to see in, and he'll also target shite you don't want, I'm certain of it. That's before his personality gets in the way of any deals. Just too many things to consider for him not to have a negative impact at some stage.

I'm withholding judgement on Kinnear at the moment. He might be a mouthy twat, but if Ashley is happier to open his wallet on account of Kinnear being there I don't mind. It's not as if we had a class DoF before in casino king Llambias.

I'm withholding judgement on Kinnear at the moment. He might be a mouthy twat, but if Ashley is happier to open his wallet on account of Kinnear being there I don't mind. It's not as if we had a class DoF before in casino king Llambias.

There is something in this. Lets hope he doesn't get them to the table and scare them off with his ridiculousness.