Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

http://fourfourtwo.com/interviews/webexclusives/509/article.aspx

What was it like playing for Harry Redknapp at Spurs?

It was slightly mixed. At the start it was great because I played a lot, but it ended in a weird situation. In general it was good to play for him, he brings his experience and a little bit of magic, I don’t know exactly what it is but I think he’s a great manager for that. He knows how to get the best out of his players, puts them in really good condition and shows them real trust. You feel really confident and that’s why he gets results.

Do you think he’ll do well at QPR?

I hope so for him honestly because he used to be my manager, and I like him, so yeah hopefully he’s going to go well. It’s not going to be the easiest job, I think he’s aware of that, but he likes new challenges.

What do we conclude from this Dave?

Nowt, I just thought it was relevant regarding Redknapp.

what has pards got to do with QPR throwing money at Remy? Pardews involvement with transfer stuff is limited Llambias and Lee Charnley handle the majority of that

How often do you see a player choosing one club over another due to manager ? It happens.

I will admit to not being a fan of Pardew, admitting I had been wrong last year (one of the few. Most tried to claim they knew all along !) and disappointed to see results this year possibly showing the orignal doubts may have been the right ones.

As for twisting logic, don't we all ?

then question, if QPR were offering identical terms to nufc would he be going there?

It was slightly mixed. At the start it was great because I played a lot, but it ended in a weird situation. In general it was good to play for him, he brings his experience and a little bit of magic, I don’t know exactly what it is but I think he’s a great manager for that. He knows how to get the best out of his players, puts them in really good condition and shows them real trust. You feel really confident and that’s why he gets results.

I hope so for him honestly because he used to be my manager, and I like him, so yeah hopefully he’s going to go well. It’s not going to be the easiest job, I think he’s aware of that, but he likes new challenges.

No one can dispute he's not a good manager. The problem lies with his conduct in public.

what has pards got to do with QPR throwing money at Remy? Pardews involvement with transfer stuff is limited Llambias and Lee Charnley handle the majority of that

How often do you see a player choosing one club over another due to manager ? It happens.

I will admit to not being a fan of Pardew, admitting I had been wrong last year (one of the few. Most tried to claim they knew all along !) and disappointed to see results this year possibly showing the orignal doubts may have been the right ones.

As for twisting logic, don't we all ?

Fair enough, it just seems weird to conclude that Pardew is the reason this deal failed.

What do we conclude from this Dave?

That Arry's magic is stronger than Pardew's magic.

then question, if QPR were offering identical terms to nufc would he be going there?

And you know this how ? We don't KNOW - they may be offering same terms, all heresay. SSN don't know whats going on in that department any more than we do. French news will be guessing themselves.

And you know this how ? We don't KNOW - they may be offering same terms, all heresay. SSN don't know whats going on in that department any more than we do. French news will be guessing themselves.

And you know this how ? We don't KNOW

As Ian said, it's just a wierd thing to blame Pardew for getting gazzumped

when every single news source is reporting it and he goes from not even wanting to talk to Redknapp to joining them and given QPR's track record on this its not exactly a difficult conclusion to reach. Will we ever know exact figures? No but that doesn't mean we don't have a fair idea of the ball park figures

From Eurosport:

Loic Remy is still deciding between QPR and Newcastle, according to Marseille. The London club are rumoured to have offered £70,000-a-week making them strong favourites to land the Frenchman.

From Eurosport:

Loic Remy is still deciding between QPR and Newcastle, according to Marseille. The London club are rumoured to have offered £70,000-a-week making them strong favourites to land the Frenchman.

Old quotes

Fair enough, it just seems weird to conclude that Pardew is the reason this deal failed.

Not perhaps the reason, just not a positive attraction.

You have to SELL the club better to potential players.

I find it hard to believe QPR offered such a ridiculous deal.

Then again, with Redknapp's devious financial skullduggery with other people money......

From Eurosport:

See ? Already £30,000 less than the quoted QPR deal

Then again, with Redknapp's devious financial skullduggery with other people money......

Why? Its not the first time QPR have offered too much money to players, Redknapp even said himself that a lot of his players were overpaid. I don't buy for one second that he has picked QPR for footballing reasons.

What Fernandes has realised is that it's possible to buy success if you just risk enough money. The problem is that they've bought the wrong players so far. If they stay up they will get it right eventually, money talks.

Thing is there are only 4 Champions League places up for grabs and Man Utd, Chelsea and Man City have pretty much got  3 of them on a permanant basis with Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool, Everton for starters competing for last berth.  With our team we should really be competing also if we manage to add to the squad. Really seems a big risk to keep throwing money at it especially when the strategy does'nt seem to working in the first place.

An awful lot of money to literally throw away to gain survival then push on in the hope of catching them when would you stop throwing more money at it? Villa and Lerner tried but couldnt quite manage it and its not looking too good for them and to be honest a far bigger club than QPR.

http://sulia.com/channel/english-premier-league/f/1e4eb1a8-8d06-4f28-aa11-5cca32d95861/

Can confirm that Loic Remy has chosen QPR ahead of Newcastle United. #QPR #NUFC #THFC #CFC

The France international is awaiting details of QPR’s contract offer before taking a medical with the Premier League club.

A friend of the player refuted suggestions that Remy had chosen QPR instead of Newcastle because the London club offered a superior salary.

He said: 'Loic's choice of QPR was based on Harry Redknapp technical attraction. Salary was not the player focus. Maybe this is the reason Newcastle are trying to claim because they have lost a primary target.'

I don't get this Sulia thing like, but this is from Duncan Castles, a sports journo for the Sunday Times and others.

Fucking bollocks. I knew this line would be trotted out. "It wasn't the money it was harry redknapps genius".

A few days ago he wouldn't even talk to Redknapp then once they knew what we were offering and shoved a fat contract under his nose he went there instead.

From Eurosport:

See ? Already £30,000 less than the quoted QPR deal

What quoted QPR deal?  Most sources say they've offered between £70-£80k (96k Euro's was another report which is the same amount in pounds) while our deal was initially reported as being basically agreed at £40k.