Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Any reference to his failed Jan transfer? I'm curious as to how they address that PR-wise.

http://www.christianstogether.net/Images/content/658/372497.jpg

:D wouldnt be surprised if some snide comments are made blaming the deal failing on Llambias now that hes gone.

Any reference to his failed Jan transfer? I'm curious as to how they address that PR-wise.

http://www.christianstogether.net/Images/content/658/372497.jpg

:D wouldnt be surprised if some snide comments are made blaming the deal failing on Llambias now that hes gone.

Llambias only had PES.

Great player tbf

Questionable attitude though and I am surprised your fans have taken to him so quickly after he basically told you to get fucked (to go to a smaller and already doomed club purely for money) in January

The fact it's a loan deal could be genius or terrible for you

Who are you on RTG? :lol:

Carroll was helped by playing in the best side in the championship pure and simple. He was a good player already but him & Ranger both made a step up about half way through that season. Carroll kept going & Rangers behaviour ruined him.

That and the fact Ranger had no Premier League talent whatsoever.

He had the talent all right. He didn't have the application. The minute he got that contract, he decided he didn't have to try any more.

Carroll was helped by playing in the best side in the championship pure and simple. He was a good player already but him & Ranger both made a step up about half way through that season. Carroll kept going & Rangers behaviour ruined him.

That and the fact Ranger had no Premier League talent whatsoever.

He had the talent all right. He didn't have the application. The minute he got that contract, he decided he didn't have to try any more.

Why didn't he ever look like scoring prior to the contract then? His talent was always vastly overstated on here.

Great player tbf

Questionable attitude though and I am surprised your fans have taken to him so quickly after he basically told you to get fucked (to go to a smaller and already doomed club purely for money) in January

The fact it's a loan deal could be genius or terrible for you

Who are you on RTG? :lol:

Same sig as Mackemlad's post earlier today. Hmmm...

God, can we please have a season of all these top players staying fit?!

Would be so awesome.

Shame he's joined so late, as he could really have done with these Faye Downey's sessions, as he also likes an injury this one.

I realise that. Not in recent decades, though.

Shearer; Gascoigne, Beardsley,  Brendan Foster, Harmison, Spedding, Collingwood, Chris Tomlinson without really thinking.

So 2 cricketers and a long jumper have emerged in the last 20 years. It's pretty pathetic.

I realise that. Not in recent decades, though.

Talented sports people - esp footballers - are produced in areas of deprivation....past history tells you that.

The NE is nowhere near as hard a place to earn a living - or live on benefits - as it used to be.

Workers had either the shipyards, mines or heavy industry to choose from and football was a good escape from all that. The maximum wage also meant that there was no advantage in leaving the area for other clubs.

Jackie Milburn was a miner before he signed professional terms for Newcastle.

The whole way of living is different now - people move away far more readily, kids do not play as much sport in their spare time(too busy on computers etc)and there is less competitive culture in school sport.

Brazil used to produce the world's best players and lots of them, but rising living standards and poaching by foreign clubs has reduced the quality of players they have now.

If you are going to quote France as producing young players, don't - most of their youngsters come from ethnic groups that usually have poorer families, so the same principle stands. Only Germany of the wealthy countries produces decent young players with any regularity and that is because their whole system is better controlled and run. Their players have a better attitude too...KK once told me that.