Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Actually, it's still quite a tall order - I've just worked out that if they continue with their league form since he took over (W2/D4/L3) until the end of the season, they'll end up on 32 points.  I reckon he'll help them get the extra few points they need though, they've got a bit of momentum.

Continue our form in that same time and we'll end up on 33. :lol:

Since Redknapp took over: P11 W3 D5 L3

Us in that time: P10 W2 D1 L7

Have said it for ages, he's going to keep them up.

Based on what?

Based on HR's impact so far and the momentum they'll get in the Jan window due to signings.

I think they'll have belief and buy into the Harry Factor, however fictional that may be.

They have picked up 14 points from a possible 33 thus far and with an improvement in squad, momentum and 16 games to play, even if they just do the same sort of performance levels (I think they'll actually improve on this return) they'll be on 38 points. They also have very appealing fixtures throughout March and April if they can hit the ground running with their new signings;-

March 2013

Southampton V QPR

Sat 2 Mar 15:00

Premier League

QPR V Sunderland

Sat 9 Mar 15:00

Premier League

Aston Villa V QPR

Sat 16 Mar 15:00

Premier League

Fulham V QPR

Sat 30 Mar 15:00

April 2013

QPR V Wigan

Sat 6 Apr 15:00

Premier League

Everton V QPR

Sat 13 Apr 15:00

Premier League

QPR V Stoke

Sat 20 Apr 15:00

Premier League

Since he's arrived he's averaged 1.11 points per game, much better than before he arrived.  But that form still wouldn't be enough to keep them up and their form out of their last 5 games is only 0.8 points per game, as bad as ours (but obviously we're 7 points better off).

I take it this thread will just run and run like an open sore, just like the Barton and Michael Owen threads that get dragged up from time to time, if only to remind folks of either what a lucky escape we had or how cruel fate was to deny us Remy's signature? Anything less just wouldn't be the N-O way...

Since he's arrived he's averaged 1.11 points per game, much better than before he arrived.  But that form still wouldn't be enough to keep them up and their form out of their last 5 games is only 0.8 points per game, as bad as ours (but obviously we're 7 points better off).

I hope I'm wrong but I've been saying it even before the Remy and M'Vila signings. I just think they'll put a good run together.

I'm bloody delighted they've got through in the cup because that'll increase the chances of injuries to first teamers and they've got no depth.

They haven't picked up 14 points mind, Dave's stats included cup games.  They've picked up 10 points from 9 games.

Ah, my mistake.

Aye, it looks like it'll be really tight like.  If I had to put money one way or the other though, I'd bet on them staying up.  If they get 5 or 6 points from their next 4 games I think the other sides will start getting worried about them.

They haven't picked up 14 points mind, Dave's stats included cup games.  They've picked up 10 points from 9 games.

Ah, my mistake.

Aye, it looks like it'll be really tight like.  If I had to put money one way or the other though, I'd bet on them staying up.  If they get 5 or 6 points from their next 4 games I think the other sides will start getting worried about them.

Me too. Whereas they seem to have that 'new gaffer' belief, coupled with new faces/investment and an improvement in results we just can't seem to buy a win and the stars seem to be aligning for everything to go breasts north with Colo/HBA/Remy/Pardew etc etc etc.

This just feels a little too familiar for my liking.

I'm sure people on here have raved about M'Vila. Him and Remy seem to be two very good signings for QPR, irrespective of the money. Two high quality first teamers, we could do with that.

We deffo rivals for the drop so, if they do sign the two of them, we've got to be hoping one of them picks up a knock or has a shitty start to life in the Premiership.