Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest neesy111

Just can't see us going for this bloke unless Ba goes. Doesn't make economic sense otherwise.

It does make sense squad wise.

We don't do 'squad'.

I know. :okay:

Marseille not looking to offload Toon target Remy

ESPN staff

December 21, 2012 « Bairstow leaves India tour for family reasons | Hampshire sign Saeed Ajmal »

Marseille are not desperate to offload Loic Remy © PA Photos

Enlarge Newcastle United may not be as close to a deal to bring Loic Remy to Tyneside as it seems with Marseille president Vincent Labrune insisting he is "not looking for a way out for Loic".

Labrune met agent Willie McKay in London on Tuesday, which many took as a significant step towards Remy, 25, quitting the Stade Velodrome. Though the player has been strongly linked to the Magpies as well as West Ham United and Queens Park Rangers, the OM president insisted otherwise.

"It was a private trip. I'm not looking for a way out for Loic," Labrune is reported as saying in Le Parisien newspaper. "I like him, and I know his potential."

While that talent brought Remy 27 league goals in 60 top-flight appearances in his first two seasons at OM, it has been only intermittently seen in the current campaign during which injury has limited the French international striker to just two league starts and a single goal. Off the pitch he has had problems too with a student from Toulon claiming the player is the father of her 13-month-old son.

OM owner Margarita Louis-Dreyfus is keen to stop bankrolling the club, but though the 1993 European champions only spent modestly last summer, Labrune revealed the winter transfer window will not necessarily see assets such as Remy cashed in and may even include players being added to Elie Baup's squad.

"Our finances are healthy," said Labrune, whose side lie third, level on points with leaders Paris Saint-Germain, ahead of Sunday's final league game of the year at home to Saint-Etienne. "I don't have to sell this winter, we're rather in a position to buy one or two players to help continue the best start to a season the club has made in nearly 20 years."

Read more at http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1272474?cc=5739#YRmP3VJq2khi8M70.99

Happy days

TRANSFER talk around Loic Remy joining Newcastle United has reached boiling point, after Sky Bet suspended all betting on him joining the club in January.

The France international, who currently plies his trade for Marseille, has scored 27 times in 68 appearances for the Ligue 1 club.

He has also been a part of the French senior national side since 2009, and in his 17 caps has scored four times.

Newcastle have been linked with Remy on a number of occasions and the increased activity around him could see him join NUFC next month.

Sky Bet have also adjusted their odds on Demba Ba leaving United to join Premier League rivals Arsenal, to 1/2.

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/12/21/betting-suspended-on-nufc-transfer-target-loic-remy-72703-32473595/#ixzz2FgXDqivF

The more I think about it, the more I think Ba has us by the balls.

My worry is that the club intend on signing Remy "if" Ba leaves. Which means we could spend the full month pissing a potential signing about, while Ba tosses a coin on whether to stay.

The club should take the bull by the horns and sign Remy, if we have too many "purples", we can tell Ba/Cisse that they are surplus to requirements in the summer.

We can't let Ba play god.

Ba is not arsed either way but we are, he is on £50k a week he will only leave for a bigger wage not sure he even cares where but its a huge signing on fee and more money.

Or stay see out his contract leave on a free and another deal like he did here, I think us going after Riemy is an attempt to show Ba we have had enough of his games and we are moving on.

Guest TurboTrev

Holding out for Spurs (http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/121221/marseille-star-holding-out-late-tottenham-bid-187841):

"Loic Remy is still holding out for a move to Tottenham according to reports in France, despite rumours he has already agreed a move to Newcastle.

Remy has been strongly linked with a move to the Premier League in January and looked to have moved a step closer after it was reported that Alan Pardew had agreed a £10m move to bring him to St James' Park.

The talented forward has also been targeted by West Ham and QPR but French newspaper Le 10 Sport claims he is not interested in joining them and wants to join a bigger club in England - believed to be Tottenham.

The north London club have been linked with Remy for the last two-years and with Andre Villas-Boas looking to provide more competition for Jermain Defoe and Emmanuel Adebayor, he could make his move for the Marseille striker at the start of January.

But he will have to move fast as Newcastle appear to be the number one favourites to clinch his signature as they look to find a replacement for Demba Ba who looks certain to leave the north east club."