Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

At the end of the day if he signed for us and played well nobody would care if he went around raping people.

With us signing Barton after previous convictions, our 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th chances given to Ranger, and our 'partnership' with Wonga amongst other things I think it's too late for us to play the 'righteous' card as our board have shown that they don't really have much moral.

I guess though that we also have to remember that at this point it is only an allegation and he could be innocent. 

It'll be more a practical issue than a moral one. We can't afford to sign him if he's going to be doing porridge.

Since the club has been in talks with him I'm guessing they don't see it as much of a problem or at least a problem they could overcome.

Jokes aside though, we shouldn't do this. It would be so desperate.

That guy has bad Karma around him. He's gone down with QPR already, and has this incident hanging over his head.

Steer well clear I say.

At the end of the day if he signed for us and played well nobody would care if he went around raping people.

With us signing Barton after previous convictions, our 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th chances given to Ranger, and our 'partnership' with Wonga amongst other things I think it's too late for us to play the 'righteous' card as our board have shown that they don't really have much moral.

I guess though that we also have to remember that at this point it is only an allegation and he could be innocent. 

It'll be more a practical issue than a moral one. We can't afford to sign him if he's going to be doing porridge.

Since the club has been in talks with him I'm guessing they don't see it as much of a problem or at least a problem they could overcome.

Have we been in talks with him since the arrest? Missed that.

Have we been in talks with him since the arrest? Missed that.

Us and Spurs according to SSN.

He hasn't been found guilty of anything yet and likely he won't be.

Would love him here. Class player who not so amazingly got his head swivelled when another club offered him more money. Not exactly new.

I've gone from "we shouldn't sign him, he turned us down for money, his attitude must be bad" to "if he's found not guilty, sign him up". Football fans are so fickle.

Spurs have been heavily linked with David Villa, Leandro Damiao and Benteke. I really hope they hurry up and buy one of those. Then, if Liverpool keep buying obscure players, the coast should be clear!

Nahhhh.

Maybe he could play with a tag  :dontknow:

:lol:

:lol: Still remember the story about Gary Croft in our local paper doing that for Ipswich Town years ago.

Was for slightly less than rape though, iirc.

When we missed out on him I was bothered about the club threatening to miss out on another target - couldn't really find blame on his part. Shite club QPR but money does talk.

Spurs have been heavily linked with David Villa, Leandro Damiao and Benteke. I really hope they hurry up and buy one of those. Then, if Liverpool keep buying obscure players, the coast should be clear!

Nahhhh.

Doubt Liverpool will buy a striker unless Suarez leaves.

Get him signed. He's proven that he can score in this league (in a piss poor team at that, much like Ba did) and he's about as good as we're going to be able to get imo, regardless of the money thing in January.

Get him signed. He's proven that he can score in this league (in a p*ss poor team at that, much like Ba did) and he's about as good as we're going to be able to get imo, regardless of the money thing in January.

Have to agree with this but if Spurs interest is legitimate then even if the club want him there probably isn't much they can do at this stage.

Get him signed. He's proven that he can score in this league (in a p*ss poor team at that, much like Ba did) and he's about as good as we're going to be able to get imo, regardless of the money thing in January.

Have to agree with this but if Spurs interest is legitimate then even if the club want him there probably isn't much they can do at this stage.

I think he signed for QPR knowing full well it was win-win: stay up and he gets a nice fat bonus and probably a transfer anyway, be relegated and it's not his fault as they were already fucked and he can get a transfer even easier. Both of these whilst being paid through the nose. I reckon he'll have signed that three-and-a-half (or was it four-and-a-half?) year deal with QPR knowing full well he was most likely gonna be there for 6 months in the shop window.

Perhaps now he'd rather have assurances about playing every week? The gulf in wages between us and Spurs won't be anything as mental as QPR deciding to double our offer out of desperation or whatever.

Bit soon to label him a mercenary, or a money grabber, or whatever just yet IMO. I bet Ba was thinking the same thing when he moved to West Ham, it was a similar sort of scenario.

I think he signed for QPR knowing full well it was win-win: stay up and he gets a nice fat bonus and probably a transfer anyway, be relegated and it's not his fault as they were already fucked and he can get a transfer even easier. Both of these whilst being paid through the nose. I reckon he'll have signed that three-and-a-half (or was it four-and-a-half?) year deal with QPR knowing full well he was there for 6 months in the shop window.

Perhaps now he'd rather have assurances about playing every week? The gulf in wages between us and Spurs won't be anything as mental as QPR deciding to double our offer out of desperation or whatever.

Bit soon to label him a mercenary, or a money grabber, or whatever just yet IMO. I bet Ba was thinking the same thing when he moved to West Ham, it was a similar sort of scenario.

I wouldn't be so sure about that.

Guest Geordiecunny

Can't really knock the mackems for appointing a fascist manager then buy a rapist striker.

Don't think money is what separates us and Spurs that much..... they are just a more attractive prospect fullstop.

London( of course that is debatable but a lot of people seem to think its an attractive proposition for footballers), European football, pushing for CL football, forward thinking manager who plays good football.

The list goes on and on really if Spurs really want him we don't have much of a chance really.

I think he signed for QPR knowing full well it was win-win: stay up and he gets a nice fat bonus and probably a transfer anyway, be relegated and it's not his fault as they were already fucked and he can get a transfer even easier. Both of these whilst being paid through the nose. I reckon he'll have signed that three-and-a-half (or was it four-and-a-half?) year deal with QPR knowing full well he was there for 6 months in the shop window.

I wouldn't be so sure about that.

Remy won't be their 'marquee' signing though, he'd probably be our biggest summer buy if we got him in. He'd probably come near the top of our wage bracket and somewhere in the middle of theirs, IMO. Obviously I'm just speculating.

Two strikers that I would really be excited about signing are Aubemyang and Remy. Obviously Aubemyang has gone, but I would not give a damn if we got Remy because he's class. I don't think we'll go in for him though after last January, not with any serious intent anyway.