Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Spurs have been linked with Remy even longer than we have. Could well just be lazy journalism of course.

Providing he's in the clear he'd improve our team no end regardless of which position he played in attack. I'd be all for it, couldn't give a shit if he turned us down before and I'd hope the board could see past that too.

Guest taps01

We shouldn't touch him unless he is cleared. A very public insult to his alleged victim otherwise, and not the message we should give.

Innocent till proven guilty tbh...sign him up beggars can't be choosers!

Guest taps01

You should really ask questions when people make light of rape allegations, yet are massively affected by Kinnear telling lies.

Not making light of it just pointing out innocent till proven guilty, we shouldn't really judge considering we know none of the facts.

I totally agree with the hatred of the modern trial by public opinion carried out in the court of tabloids, but it's still a touchy situation given the gravity of the charges.

Personally would wait til the verdict is known.....this isnt kicking car wing mirrors off, its an accusation of rape ffs.

You all saw the feeding frenzy when jfk mispronounced a few names and 'Shearer's' was renamed. I can't imagine the reaction if we sign what turns out to be a 'guilty' rapist.

One who pissed on the club from the greatest of heights in January.

This guy signed for bottom of the league QPR, over a Newcastle team that had been after him for ages, and who had a bunch of his international team mates playing for them already, who were pulling for him to join as well.

Dude is lame.

One who pissed on the club from the greatest of heights in January.

This guy signed for bottom of the league QPR, over a Newcastle team that had been after him for ages, and who had a bunch of his international team mates playing for them already, who were pulling for him to join as well.

Dude is lame.

I agree

Be more trouble than his worth tbh

One who p*ssed on the club from the greatest of heights in January.

Dude is lame.

Easy for us to sit here and proclaim moral decency but it's different for young footballers who get offered loads of cash. He has no affiliation for Newcastle, we do.

Doesn't make it any less annoying or disappointing when it happens, but it's not surprising.

I think people might be overestimating the moral values of the club. If he's available on a good deal financially, I would think we'd take legal advise as to the likelihood of a conviction and that's that.

After the experience of paying Joey Barton's salary as he resided at Her Majesty's Pleasure, there's absolutely no way Ashley is going to take the risk with Remy.

One of the things I wouldn't blame him for.

I think people might be overestimating the moral values of the club. If he's available on a good deal financially, I would think we'd take legal advise as to the likelihood of a conviction and that's that.

Very true, also seems to be an over estimation on our boardrooms pride. If Remy is available at a good price we'll certainly be looking. Wether he rejected us in the past will mean little to Ashley when it's cost effective.

After the experience of paying Joey Barton's salary as he resided at Her Majesty's Pleasure, there's absolutely no way Ashley is going to take the risk with Remy.

No Barton wasn't paid during his time inside

No Barton wasn't paid during his time inside

Yes, on research, that's my error.

I think my general point is valid though. That Ashley had a bad experience with Barton, and as a result would be the last owner to want to take a chance with Remy.

Not that I think any other owner would, at this point.