Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Can someone point me to the facts behind this Remy release clause?

Anyone?

Their owner admitted it a few months back, basically said that if they went down they wouldn't have to sell many players but they would have no option on Remy because of his clause.

Can someone point me to the facts behind this Remy release clause?

Anyone?

Their owner admitted it a few months back, basically said that if they went down they wouldn't have to sell many players but they would have no option on Remy because of his clause.

Can't find any quotes, but cheers. :thup:

If Taylor goes that's our 3rd and 4th best CBs gone. I'd be happy to see him used as a make-weight for Remy (although a straight-up £6.8m would hardly be pushing it), but we absolutely must invest in a replacement defender because Williamson is a million miles away from good enough.

Yep if we don't then its a massive f*ck up and even the biggest Taylor detractors won't be defending it myself included.

Simply has to be replaced if he's sold, Williamson at 3rd choice again :anguish:

Amazing how many fans would turn down the extra 30k if they were in his shoes when he signed for QPR.

Football is about money now, he signed a bigger deal back in Jan. Think we need to get over it.

Yeah I definitely couldn't live on £50k a week like.  Money is a part of it, but it shouldn't be all of it, and to those who see it as all of it, well they aren't someone most people would want to support every week and I can understand that.  He had the choice to go to a team who were already relegated for more money, fine.  But people also have the choice to call him a tosser for doing so and a lying cunt for not just admitting that was the reason to begin with.  I mean common, the whole FIFA bollocks and constant quotes about how he didn't go there for the money, that more than anything is probably what pissed most people off.

Yeah, I'd love to see how many people on here if offered a job in another country they had no affiliation too would reject a job offering about 25% more money.

No excuses, it was a punk move by Remy. Simple.

Lets not forget Remy had agreed to come here, and was satisfied with the money that had been offered him. It was clearly a good enough upgrade on whatever he was getting at Marseille.

We have a number of good players here from his country who are all paid well, and are happy here too. He was in contact with them, and was friendly with them.

I mean ... it was just a shit move by the guy. Very, very weak.

He was well within his rights to do it, but it was a punk move.

Yeah, I'd love to see how many people on here if offered a job in another country they had no affiliation too would reject a job offering about 25% more money.

If I was choosing between £60k per week and £80k per week the choice wouldn't come down to money.  But that's just me, I'm not a money crazed lunatic, some people play the lottery only on rollovers, because apparently winning a few million just isn't worth the quid :lol:

I might have misheard but I am sure in that Radio Newcastle interview that Pardew said he was OK with the defence and that his main concern was the left side and the striking areas.  I didn't get the impression that he was looking to offload a key defender.

He said they had cover for right back because MYM could play there as he was a right-sided player.

Not against the guy, and if he joins then, Ill hope he does well, and those charges against him aren't what they seem.

However, there's jut a bit of discomfort regarding the guy for me. Can't help that.

When the whole thing transpired in January I was fuming.

Amazing how many fans would turn down the extra 30k if they were in his shoes when he signed for QPR.

Football is about money now, he signed a bigger deal back in Jan. Think we need to get over it.

Yeah I definitely couldn't live on £50k a week like.  Money is a part of it, but it shouldn't be all of it, and to those who see it as all of it, well they aren't someone most people would want to support every week and I can understand that.  He had the choice to go to a team who were already relegated for more money, fine.  But people also have the choice to call him a tosser for doing so and a lying c*** for not just admitting that was the reason to begin with.  I mean common, the whole FIFA bollocks and constant quotes about how he didn't go there for the money, that more than anything is probably what p*ssed most people off.

So you'd turn down 70k with a deal in place that lets you leave for somewhere else anyway if that job goes tits up? Commendable. Doesn't matter if your on 40 or 50k before, more money is more money.

Fans can call him what they want yeh and I get your post, but sadly we aren't in the position right now to cast targets off as they previously turned us down.

If I was choosing between £60k per week and £80k per week the choice wouldn't come down to money.  But that's just me, I'm not a money crazed lunatic, some people play the lottery only on rollovers, because apparently winning a few million just isn't worth the quid :lol:

Honestly, I think the more you make the more you want.

If QPR had stayed up I reckon they'd have taken off next season. They weren't out of it when he went and he could have been a major player in that.

He had the choice between being a major player at a club not in the relegation zone with a bunch of lads from his own nation that he already knew.  Or one at a club bottom of the league with a manager he refused to even speak to days earlier.  To be honest for me its the bollocks he threw around to try to deny the move was money driven that made me really dislike him.

If he agrees to come here with a pay cut, for the amount we originally offered then as others have said we aren't in a position to turn away talented players, but he'll have a lot to prove.

Yeah I definitely couldn't live on £50k a week like.  Money is a part of it, but it shouldn't be all of it, and to those who see it as all of it, well they aren't someone most people would want to support every week and I can understand that.  He had the choice to go to a team who were already relegated for more money, fine.  But people also have the choice to call him a tosser for doing so and a lying c*** for not just admitting that was the reason to begin with.  I mean common, the whole FIFA bollocks and constant quotes about how he didn't go there for the money, that more than anything is probably what p*ssed most people off.

So you'd turn down 70k with a deal in place that lets you leave for somewhere else anyway if that job goes tits up? Commendable. Doesn't matter if your on 40 or 50k before, more money is more money.

Fans can call him what they want yeh and I get your post, but sadly we aren't in the position right now to cast targets off as they previously turned us down.

More money is more money, its the suggestion that it should be the only consideration that a lot of people can't understand, me included.  The whole thing reeked of him being a total greedy twat.  One moment he's set on signing for us and won't even speak to Redknapp about a move to QPR.  The next moment he's signed for QPR and is rabbiting on in the press about how it was nothing to do with money.

Like I said though I'd take him for what we originally offered in January, not a penny more.

I might have misheard but I am sure in that Radio Newcastle interview that Pardew said he was OK with the defence and that his main concern was the left side and the striking areas.  I didn't get the impression that he was looking to offload a key defender.

He said they had cover for right back because MYM could play there as he was a right-sided player.

Yeah he definitely said he was happy with the defence and that Mapou could cover both full back positions. Just can't see him wanting to offload Taylor.

Unfortunately that might not rule out Redknapp and Kinnear blagging some kind of swap deal of their own behind the scenes. Hoping that's not the case though.