Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thought Remy deserved a red and Johnson a yellow at the time, and if anything the referee's decision to send Johnson off was harsh and seemed to be a case of "well, I sent the other guy off for losing it, and the entire opposition team are on my back now, plus the other guy seems to be trying to hide from me - may as well even things out here".

Going to watch it again as by the reaction in here I feel like I saw an entirely different incident.

That's how I saw it, although I would say "expected" rather than "deserved."

I think it's utterly ridiculous that a player will be sent off and miss a further 3 games for that, but we've seen it happen so many times before.

I think its time this mysterious panel took a leaf out of the NHL's book.  When the NHL hand out a ban they send out a video explaining why the player is banned and why they gave him the length of the ban.

A full explenation!!

:thup:

but then they wouldn't be able to show any bias.. When's the last time we had any FA decision go our way? 

Now that is a complete f***ing joke.

I can't whinge about the ban but how does Johnson get his rescinded? Both players shoved each other, both put their head in, what's the difference?

Johnson faking being headbutted is regarded ok it seems. What an absolute joke.

It is but the big difference is Norwich didn't have a useless c*** of a manager going a post match interview saying it was a red - he really is an utter c*** that bloke.

there was more than enough precedent that it was a red denying the obvious wouldn't have helped anything

so why he fuck appeal then??

don't have a clue always looked a complete waste of time to me, the only surprise for me is they didn't throw in an extra game for wasting their time

How is there "precedent" when Jonjo Shelvey made a much more prominent gesture towards Debuchy two months ago and the FA said it "did not constitute violent conduct"?

off the top of my head Reina vs Perch and Barton got done retrospectively for something similar while at QPR (vs Norwich I think) both 3 game bans

Er yeah, when Bradley Johnson threw himself to the floor again.

Why did Shelvey not get a ban when he did it? Precedent seems to be that if one party pretends they've been struck, it's a ban, if they don't, then it's not.

Debuchy didn't cheat essentially. Fucked up system but there was never a hope the FA would overturn it they have the slightest of movement by Remy to Johnson to hide behind and declare it by their standards as far worse than leg breaking tackles

Thought Remy deserved a red and Johnson a yellow at the time, and if anything the referee's decision to send Johnson off was harsh and seemed to be a case of "well, I sent the other guy off for losing it, and the entire opposition team are on my back now, plus the other guy seems to be trying to hide from me - may as well even things out here".

Going to watch it again as by the reaction in here I feel like I saw an entirely different incident.

Watch from the beginning. Kicking, shoving from cnut Johnson, then acting of the highest order simply to con the ref. Now he gets off scot-free. Unbelievable, shocking, seemingly-biased decision, no two-ways about it.

I think its time this mysterious panel took a leaf out of the NHL's book.  When the NHL hand out a ban they send out a video explaining why the player is banned and why they gave him the length of the ban.

A full explenation!!

but then they wouldn't be able to show any bias.. When's the last time we had any FA decision go our way? 

Perfect example of a ban

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=60

Perfect example of why its not a ban, great insight.

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=60

Howay FA do the same, explain yourselves.

Same old s*** from the FA.

Bradley Johnson "raised his hands" first by aggressively shoving Remy (after fouling and kicking him). I thought "raising your hands" wasn't allowed?

Remy should be allowed to headbutt Bradley Johnson using the double jeopardy defence ("a procedural defence that forbids a defendant from being tried again on the same charges"). Remy has already been punished for the 'crime' so he may as well commit it. This time Remy can actually headbutt Bradley Johnson and Johnson won't have to pretend this time either.

Not surprising about Remy, but an absolute joke that Johnson gets off. FA are f***ing ridiculous.

Wouldn't have much to complain if Johnson gets the 3 games too. Now the decision is just ridiculous. Basically the FA saying that cheating is totally fine.

Would love that NHL system to be integrated to football. 3 match ban for basically everything is f***ing archaic.

Remy should be allowed to headbutt Bradley Johnson using the double jeopardy defence ("a procedural defence that forbids a defendant from being tried again on the same charges"). Remy has already been punished for the 'crime' so he may as well commit it. This time Remy can actually headbutt Bradley Johnson and Johnson won't have to pretend this time either.

Double Jeopardy means if you get tried for an assault on John Smith in the library, with the candlestick on the 12th of October and get found innocent, they can't put you on trial for the assault on John Smith in the library, with the candlestick on the 12th of October again.  It doesn't mean if you get tried for the assault they can't try you for chinning him on a separate occasion, or chinning someone else entirely, just because you've already had a trial for assault.  Although that would be pretty good :lol:

Johnson getting his rescinded, whilst highly annoying, has no impact on our season any more. Remy was a fucking idiot to do what he did and his appeal was always going to be thrown out. We expected it to be turned down and it has, end of story. Just got to get on with it. 

Johnson getting his rescinded, whilst highly annoying, has no impact on our season any more. Remy was a f***ing idiot to do what he did and his appeal was always going to be thrown out. We expected it to be turned down and it has, end of story. Just got to get on with it.

This and Johnson didn't make any motion forward like Remy did.

Neither were reds IMO but the fact Remy motioned forwards and Pardew saying It was a red we were dead in the water

Technically speaking, I can see where the FA are coming from, because it was the meeting of heads that turned it from a yellow card incident to a red, and in that respect it was Remy that made contact.

Johnson started it and so IMO is at least equally to blame. A bit annoying, but that's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes.

Double Jeopardy means if you get tried for an assault on John Smith in the library, with the candlestick on the 12th of October and get found innocent, they can't put you on trial for the assault on John Smith in the library, with the candlestick on the 12th of October again.  It doesn't mean if you get tried for the assault they can't try you for chinning him on a separate occasion, or chinning someone else entirely, just because you've already had a trial for assault.  Although that would be pretty good :lol:

I wasn't being entirely serious. My point was Remy's getting done for head butting Bradley Johnson. As Remy didn't actually head butt Bradley Johnson but has been found guilty of head butting him he should at least be allowed to actually head butt him.

Johnson getting his rescinded, whilst highly annoying, has no impact on our season any more. Remy was a f***ing idiot to do what he did and his appeal was always going to be thrown out. We expected it to be turned down and it has, end of story. Just got to get on with it.

This and Johnson didn't make any motion forward like Remy did.

Neither were reds IMO but the fact Remy motioned forwards and Pardew saying It was a red we were dead in the water

Remy did move forward with his head but it was hardly a butt, he just went nose to nose and their heads were touching. Then the cheating little cunt realised after a slight pause that he could make something of it and went down clutching his face. I sort of agree with LoveItIfWeBeatU, if he was going to get a 3 match ban for it, it's a shame he didn't stick a real one on him and bust his nose.

Every time I see a replay of this it pisses me off almost as much as our whole lack of transfers. 

How in the holy fuck can you rescind one and not the other? They both go head to head, one throws himself to the floor, the other stands his ground.

They have the fucking video evidence right there from multiple angles! How can you possibly punish one player but not the other?

If we weren't concerned before about being fucked over by the FA then I don't know what we do now because they are consistently season in and season out taking the complete piss out of us.