Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest reefatoon

The FA rewarding cheating by rescinding Johnson's ban. Well done.

How is this even f***ing possible? They did the exact same thing?

Remy pushed his head towards Johnson which is violent conduct (daft rule but he should know better). Johnson was a bit shouty and stuck his chest out. You can see why Remy's was upheld and Johnson's wasn't, it's just a shame they have no intention of stamping down on cheating.

Wait, what? Both went clearly head to head. Johnson also instigated the little thing.

That's how I saw it too, both put their heads forward.

Re watching it several times online, there`s a push and a kick on Remy after the whistle, then after a couple of pushes Remy`s head does move about half a mil towards Johnson once their touching eachother. It reminds me of several reds and yellows we have collected over the years where the ref lets the offending player carry on until our players think fuck this and react. Reminds of Tiote`s in the derby ( I think ) where the ref should have stopped it long before our player gets wound up.

Remy pushed his head towards Johnson which is violent conduct (daft rule but he should know better). Johnson was a bit shouty and stuck his chest out. You can see why Remy's was upheld and Johnson's wasn't, it's just a shame they have no intention of stamping down on cheating.

Wait, what? Both went clearly head to head. Johnson also instigated the little thing.

Remy pushed his head into Johnson's. Johnson squared up to him in the first place but it was Remy who made the contact.

It's a silly rule but we cannot really complain.

EDIT: When it happened I instantly knew Remy was gone and expected Johnson to stay. He fell for it hook, line and sinker.

Remy pushed his head into Johnson's. Johnson squared up to him in the first place but it was Remy who made the contact.

It's a silly rule but we cannot really complain.

Don't agree with your point of view, but fair play.

Do love the FA. Just when you think they couldn't get any more clueless, bang. Another fantastic example.

We'll just have to move onto Johnson's retrospective ban for the 'Rivaldo-esque' feigning of injury. Oh wait. No. The game rewards cheats.

They both pushed each other and should have got yellows.

By the law when Remy puts his head on Johnson its a sending off.

By the law I mean how things ar judged now even if they are crazy.

But Johnson should not have been sent off by the law also.

He should be done for diving but nothing he did is a sending off....should be though

.com

Presumably the FA stance is that Remy head butted Johnson (he didn't) and that Johnson wasn't overly  aggressive. That's despite the Norwich player initiating the incident, aiming a kick at Remy, pushing the Newcastle player away and then feigning injury.

There is of course one other difference; namely that Chris Hughton sought to defend his player and refused to comment on Remy, while Alan Pardew publicly accepted that the red card for his man was justified - and then made negative comments about Johnson's conduct. 

Now that is a complete f***ing joke.

I can't whinge about the ban but how does Johnson get his rescinded? Both players shoved each other, both put their head in, what's the difference?

Johnson faking being headbutted is regarded ok it seems. What an absolute joke.

It is but the big difference is Norwich didn't have a useless c*** of a manager going a post match interview saying it was a red - he really is an utter c*** that bloke.

there was more than enough precedent that it was a red denying the obvious wouldn't have helped anything

so why he fuck appeal then??

don't have a clue always looked a complete waste of time to me, the only surprise for me is they didn't throw in an extra game for wasting their time

How is there "precedent" when Jonjo Shelvey made a much more prominent gesture towards Debuchy two months ago and the FA said it "did not constitute violent conduct"?

off the top of my head Reina vs Perch and Barton got done retrospectively for something similar while at QPR (vs Norwich I think) both 3 game bans

Probably didn't help that Pardew admitted it should stand, like.

Everyone seems to have missed this post.

It's open and shut in the FA's eyes, Pardew said he should have been sent off the FA most likely read them comments and laughed.

:thup:

It's amazing that the FA has managed to make me angry on this one. I was fully expecting no change from the FA, given they don't like to look like they've made a mistake... But rescinding Johnson's and upholding remy's?! :lol: the FA are very special.

Now that is a complete f***ing joke.

I can't whinge about the ban but how does Johnson get his rescinded? Both players shoved each other, both put their head in, what's the difference?

Johnson faking being headbutted is regarded ok it seems. What an absolute joke.

It is but the big difference is Norwich didn't have a useless c*** of a manager going a post match interview saying it was a red - he really is an utter c*** that bloke.

there was more than enough precedent that it was a red denying the obvious wouldn't have helped anything

so why he fuck appeal then??

don't have a clue always looked a complete waste of time to me, the only surprise for me is they didn't throw in an extra game for wasting their time

How is there "precedent" when Jonjo Shelvey made a much more prominent gesture towards Debuchy two months ago and the FA said it "did not constitute violent conduct"?

off the top of my head Reina vs Perch and Barton got done retrospectively for something similar while at QPR (vs Norwich I think) both 3 game bans

Er yeah, when Bradley Johnson threw himself to the floor again.

Why did Shelvey not get a ban when he did it? Precedent seems to be that if one party pretends they've been struck, it's a ban, if they don't, then it's not.

It's amazing that the FA has managed to make me angry on this one. I was fully expecting no change from the FA, given they don't like to look like they've made a mistake... But rescinding Johnson's and upholding remy's?! :lol: the FA are very special.

:thup:

I think its time this mysterious panel took a leaf out of the NHL's book.  When the NHL hand out a ban they send out a video explaining why the player is banned and why they gave him the length of the ban.

A full explenation!!

Thought Remy deserved a red and Johnson a yellow at the time, and if anything the referee's decision to send Johnson off was harsh and seemed to be a case of "well, I sent the other guy off for losing it, and the entire opposition team are on my back now, plus the other guy seems to be trying to hide from me - may as well even things out here".

Going to watch it again as by the reaction in here I feel like I saw an entirely different incident.

I think its time this mysterious panel took a leaf out of the NHL's book.  When the NHL hand out a ban they send out a video explaining why the player is banned and why they gave him the length of the ban.

A full explenation!!

It really would be great to have an FA like that.

Fucking hate these totalitarian cunts.