Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Don't understand the bad feeling towards Remy really. His goals kept us up, he wasn't our player and we threw the towel in during January so what was the point of continuing to try hard? He's a better player than our club currently and certainly more ambitious.

Don't understand the bad feeling towards Remy really. His goals kept us up, he wasn't our player and we threw the towel in during January so what was the point of continuing to try hard? He's a better player than our club currently and certainly more ambitious.

This, he's been easily our best player without even giving it his all, why should he bother with the mess that is our club.

Guest bimpy474

Well binning us in the first place to go to Q.P.R for the money, then basically since he's joined, he's not stopped saying he wants to join a Champions League team, and then he pulled out of the last game and was rather lacklustre in the couple before that, obviously so he didn't get injured. While they're not massive things imo, you can see why it would upset some.

Personally i think that's the modern footballer, some hate to accept that (me included) but that's what footballers are now, selfish, self obsessed, couldn't care less about their own fans, vain, full of themselves bunch of overpaid arseholes. Modern football, isn't it great.

Well binning us in the first place to go to Q.P.R for the money, then basically since he's joined, he's not stopped saying he wants to join a Champions League team, and then he pulled out of the last game and was rather lacklustre in the couple before that, obviously so he didn't get injured. While they're not massive things imo, you can see why it would upset some.

Personally i think that's the modern footballer, some hate to accept that (me included) but that's what footballers are now, selfish, self obsessed, couldn't care less about their own fans, vain, full of themselves bunch of overpaid arseholes. Modern football, isn't it great.

Not sure it's any more true of footballers than the rest of humanity.

Newcastle United will naturally attract more players like that because of what we are - that's how we sell the club to them - "use us as a stepping stone and as long as you've got 40 points, we don't care if you don't bother your arse".

Having a go at the players about it is really picking the wrong target.

Cabaye did no different man for worse reasons as a full squad member. Pardew bent over backwards to facilitate him too. It's others who have bad attitudes though and losing cabaye explains the rest of it of course. Have no real ill feelings on Remy other than he's probably help keep fuckhead mcshithouse in his job.

"Why should he bother?" is a truly disgusting attitude to have. It's mind blowing how low our basic demands are now. "Give 100%" is now optional to us. Regardless of Pardew, If the players had tried harder in the last 2 years we'd not be in such a mess.

Guest bimpy474

Newcastle United will naturally attract more players like that because of what we are - that's how we sell the club to them - "use us as a stepping stone and as long as you've got 40 points, we don't care if you don't bother your arse".

Tbf the rest of humanity aren't paid millions and don't have 50,000 fans coming to watch them work, and paying for the privilage. But I blame Pardew 100% for the lack of effort and giving up in January, and i'll never accept that it's Ashley fault that we have played shit football. My post was just trying to explain why some might be upset with Remy, not that bothered myself, but i do believe what i said about the modern footballer.

"Why should he bother?" is a truly disgusting attitude to have. It's mind blowing how low our basic demands are now. "Give 100%" is now optional to us. Regardless of Pardew, If the players had tried harder in the last 2 years we'd not be in such a mess.

That's silly. Any employee, when told by their boss, "actually we don't give much of a toss if you do the job properly or not. In actual fact we'd prefer it if you didn't, in case you do too well and we need to hire some more staff" is going to take the attitude that the players have. That's the danger we face by not preparing to operate like a sporting institution.

What mess are you talking about btw?

Tbf the rest of humanity aren't paid millions and don't have 50,000 fans coming to watch them work, and paying for the privilage. But I blame Pardew 100% for the lack of effort and giving up in January, and i'll never accept that it's Ashley fault that we have played shit football. My post was just trying to explain why some might be upset with Remy, not that bothered myself, but i do believe what i said about the modern footballer.

A complete irrelevance.

Some people will stack shelves like their lives depend on it while some people who have genuinely important jobs are complete lazy arses and couldn't really give a toss.

You can't change the nature of humans by giving them loads of money - in fact, that's the exact opposite of what you should do if you want somebody to work hard. That's why it's ten times as important as a normal organisation that you create something within the football club that money can't buy - some sort of ambition for sporting success. We don't just fail to encourage that, we actively discourage it.

We never held his registration and he was never 'our' player. We borrowed his services for a year which was beneficial for all parties concerned.

Not saying Remy acted well but I can understand where he's coming from. There was nothing to be gained in playing that match for NUFC as far as he was concerned and his priority became staying fit for the World Cup. Why should he give a fuck about a meaningless match?

That's silly. Any employee, when told by their boss, "actually we don't give much of a toss if you do the job properly or not. In actual fact we'd prefer it if you didn't, in case you do too well and we need to hire some more staff" is going to take the attitude that the players have. That's the danger we face by not preparing to operate like a sporting institution.

Just the general embarrassment that is the last 2 years. As you say, the players don't care or try because they know they don't have to and it has led to some of the of the worst performances we've ever seen, a fair number of those in 2014 alone.

Just because the bosses accept this from their players it doesn't mean we should though. We're the ones who put what little spare time we have and what little money we have into this club and we're the only ones who are getting literally nothing back in return.

We never held his registration and he was never 'our' player. We borrowed his services for a year which was beneficial for all parties concerned.

Not saying Remy acted well but I can understand where he's coming from. There was nothing to be gained in playing that match for NUFC as far as he was concerned and his priority became staying fit for the World Cup. Why should he give a f*** about a meaningless match?

It's not just the World Cup either. He's on the verge of a "dream" move to the likes of Liverpool/Arsenal (in addition to World Cup dreams). He'd hate himself forever if he got crocked in the final meaningless game at on-loan NUFC and then have to report back to training next season at QPR under Harry Redknapp. :lol:

Just the general embarrassment that is the last 2 years. As you say, the players don't care or try because they know they don't have to and it has led to some of the of the worst performances we've ever seen, a fair number of those in 2014 alone.

Just because the bosses accept this from their players it doesn't mean we should though. We're the ones who put what little spare time we have and what little money we have into this club and we're the only ones who are getting literally nothing back in return.

:thup: :thup:

I'm not. Hatem's very good but he doesn't take his career seriously enough to be looked at by a club of that stature.

I'm not even sure it's that, they like players who pass it around quickly, and Hatem tends to want to hold on to it and have some fun with it before looking to give it to anyone else. I think he would disrupt their game.