Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I've just seen the interview on SSN. Harry's not exactly going to say that he's unhappy to have him back is he?

I still think QPR will sell, hopefully it's us.

Doesn't your agent mate know something? He'd surely hear whispers being in that niche.

Guest reefatoon

I've just seen the interview on SSN. Harry's not exactly going to say that he's unhappy to have him back is he?

I still think QPR will sell, hopefully it's us.

Doesn't your agent mate know something? He'd surely hear whispers being in that niche.

His phone is off, he is out on the piss with Baresi.

Harry: "He has never failed a medical before. He’s never had a problem and didn’t miss a game at Newcastle (where he spent last season on loan)."

He missed 10 games in the second half of the season, 6 because of injury, 3 because of ban and the liverpool games which you could also put down to injury according to Pardew.  Harry didn't exactly follow him last season did he......

Harry: "He has never failed a medical before. He’s never had a problem and didn’t miss a game at Newcastle (where he spent last season on loan)."

He missed 10 games in the second half of the season, 6 because of injury, 3 because of ban and the liverpool games which you could also put down to injury according to Pardew.  Harry didn't exactly follow him last season did he......

Only had one previous owner, guv, vicar he was, used to polish him every Sunday right as rain.

He did miss games last season, but none of those were due to longer-term problems, or anything to do with his ticker. Obviously the Liverpool medical team have picked up on something else, which has not been announced as obviously it could affect his chances of getting a contract elsewhere.

Reminds me of Asa Hartford (years ago. he was getting a dream move to Leeds from (I think) WBA.  He was dignosed with a "Hole in the heart" and failed the medical.  Returned to WBA and played (I think) 700 games throughout his career.

http://www.oneworldsports.com/stories/money-why-liverpool-denied-loic-remy/

Loic Remy's €12million transfer to Liverpool was called off for financial rather than medical reasons, One World Sports has learned. The English Premier League club withdrew from a deal to sign Remy from Queens Park Rangers at a fixed release clause on Sunday without explaining their reasons.

Liverpool had flown the France international striker and his agent to their preseason tour of the United States last week to undergo a medical examination and conclude discussions on Remy's salary package. According to a well-placed source, the club then attempted to negotiate down the length and value of an outline agreement for a five-year contract on a basic wage of £110,000 a week.

In the period between manager Brendan Rodgers convincing Remy to choose the club over other Champions League suitors and those final negotiations in Boston, Liverpool had seen a relatively lucrative agreement to sell Fabio Borini to Sunderland fall through when their unwanted Italy forward refused to switch clubs. Remy's camp believes the unexpected failure to move Borini out of Anfield was connected to Liverpool's attempt to reduce the value of the Frenchman's deal.

Though it has been widely reported that Remy failed a medical examination during his time in the United States, Liverpool officials today declined to explain why the club decided against completing the transfer. They deny that the decision was in any way connected with Borini, or that the club attempted to offer Remy a reduced salary package.

“It's very simple, we have made a decision as a club not to go ahead with the deal,” Rodgers said on Sunday. “It's unfortunate for the player. We are disappointed for the player, but there’s nothing more to be said and we will move on and look at other targets.”

Remy, 27, has made three high-profile transfers since the summer of 2010, passing medicals at Olympique Marseille, QPR and Newcastle United, as well as being approved to play at the World Cup following a mandatory FIFA health examination. Asked about the Liverpool deal, QPR manager Harry Redknapp expressed his surprise.

“I don’t really see how he could have failed a medical,” Redknapp said. “He had a stringent medical here - one at Marseilles, at Newcastle and with the French team at the World Cup. He’s never had a problem with his fitness; you couldn’t meet a fitter lad. I’ve seen the story break but I don’t know how there can be an issue with his fitness. He’s got no problems whatsoever.

“There must have been a breakdown or they’ve changed their mind or they’ve decided to move in another direction. It’s not fair on him because it’s my opinion and the opinion of everybody else - he’s never had a problem before.”

During Remy's transfer from Nice to Marseille, the latter club announced that MRI examinations had revealed “an anomaly” on the wall of his heart. Following consultations with a panel of five leading authorities in the field of cardiology, Marseille contracted the player and he has played without problem since. "You're not in the best conditions when you're told your career could be over," said Remy at the time. "But now I feel relieved. It's taken a weight off my mind."

Shite website but a relatively known journalist.

Liverpool really trying to sign Jay Rodriguez instead? Horrendous if true. That guy is not that special at all. Did well last year, but miles off Remy. Laughable.

He's also almost 3 years younger with more potential and is improving at an accelerated rate.

The more I think about this, the less I want him back, unless we've exhausted all other possible avenues. 27 is close to the top of our age range too, if there's a health issue his resale value will be hit, and we know that's the biggest driving factor in our purchases. I can't see Ashley sanctioning over 10 million plus 80-100k in wages.

Guest Bert Shaft

Feel slightly bad for Saints now...

Mike must be livid too. He would love dat profit.

Southampton have probably given fatso the idea that he can sell every f*cker in one go as well.

Guest VanBarduck

Liverpool really trying to sign Jay Rodriguez instead? Horrendous if true. That guy is not that special at all. Did well last year, but miles off Remy. Laughable.

He's also almost 3 years younger with more potential and is improving at an accelerated rate.

Nope, you're just being biased there.