Brighton vs Newcastle United (FA Cup 3rd Rd) - 05/01/13 @ 12.30pm (live on ITV1)

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Elliot; Tavernier, Williamson, Perch, Santon; Anita, Bigirimana; Obertan, Abeid, Sammy Ameobi; Shola Ameobi.

Happy enough that, but why no Marveaux? Not like the lad has played many games this season!

Shola has to start, as there is no-one else.

Marv is the key man today. He can unlock their defence.

Really hope we start the game with some tempo and impose ourselves as the Premier League side. Will be really disappointed if our appetite and desire isn't palpable from the off - equal to, or greater than, Brighton's. Fans deserve that much.

I'm not bothered what happens today as long as we don't get a replay, that said, it's easy for me to say I'm not bothered because I've invested nothing in the game.  I hope we slaughter Brighton for those who have travelled because I know how bad it feels to travel distances for nothing.

I used to set off for most away games early Saturday morning when the nightclubs closed and would get back on a Sunday morning because we would find a nightclub on the Saturday night before travelling back home.  It was always a good weekend, usually in spite of the football as the games were rarely memorable, especially after so much alcohol had been consumed.

Thinking about it, I don’t know how our bodies survived as we’d drink from 6pm on the Friday until 2am on the Saturday.  Drive to the game in a car with a boot full of beer and go to the first pub we could find at 11am and drink until we went to the match.  I remember once when it took us 8 hours to drive to Norwich as we went down in 2 cars and probably stopped every 10 minutes on the motorway for somebody to have a p*ss.  We would drink at some grounds but not many actually sold beer to away fans so we were sometimes dry until the pubs opened again at 6pm on the Saturday.  Then we would be drinking until 2am on the Sunday when we would finally drive home without any beer.

Who was driving Mick?!

It changed by game so it wasn't always the same person who had to stay sober, I hated driving because a car full of drunken bastards singing all of the way to the game is no fun.  Being a brunken bastard and singing all of the way down was brilliant.

Haha aye thought so. Hangover was probably worse for the driver than the rest of yous.

Elliot; Tavernier, Williamson, Perch, Santon; Anita, Bigirimana; Obertan, Abeid, Sammy Ameobi; Shola Ameobi.

So...

Elliot

Tavernier Williamson Perch Santon

Anita Bigirimana

Obertan      Abeid        Sammy

Shola

Decent enough line-up imo, though I'd personally shift Sammy and Gabby. True, it's not the most frightening line-up in the world, but at least it shows our commitment to a move away from 4-4-2. Abeid forward looks very tasty, like pushing Cabaye up. Looking forward to how that team plays. :thup:

Happy enough that, but why no Marveaux? Not like the lad has played many games this season!

He's played a lot of high octane games very quickly after a while out, though. Not the worst idea to rest him and avoid burn out, especially with HBA out for another month and with Marv's injury record. I see the rationale behind it.

I do hope we win, mind you. I'm not indifferent, but the Premiership should be prioritised ahead of the Cup this season given the current state of affairs.