Brighton vs Newcastle United (FA Cup 3rd Rd) - 05/01/13 @ 12.30pm (live on ITV1)

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I can't believe that we can't even put out a b-team as we have too many injuries/too small of a squad.

I'm completely torn on this, on the one hand we owe those twats a beating, on the other we are in a relegation battle and cannot risk a single first team player getting injured.

Sending the young lads to get absolutely twatted is totally senseless tbh. Even though it wouldn't directly effect our important players, it would damage morale cos we just got humped off fucking Brighton again. I hope there's just a typical mix of first teamers and 'fringe' players. It would actually be nice to manifest some sort of a domestic cup run, just to salvage some enjoyment from this campaign. Plus it's 3rd Round so there's a full week's rest after the game.

-------------------------------------- Elliot --------------------------------------

Tavernier ------------ Perch -------------- Williamson --------- Ferguson

------------------------- Tiote -------------- Bigi -------------------------------

-- Marveaux ---------------------- Anita -------------------------- Sammy --

-------------------------------------- Shola --------------------------------------

It's a shame because if we were only doing moderately badly and mid-table mediocrity was pretty much a foregone conclusion, we could put a lot of effort into the cups.

As it is we're going to need to basically throw these matches and focus on the league until survival is likely.

A lot of people underestimating this game IMO.

In terms of fan/player morale, getting a run going and finally winning away from home, we really need to win this.

Lose and we'll just float further and further into danger.

I don't think we'll go down. We may as well go all out for a cup.

Go with really strong team.

Harper

Tavernier  Willo  Colo  Fergie

or Debuchy

Bigi              Anita

Marveaux                     

Sammy                        Obertan

Cisse         

Hopefuly Cisse will get alot of chances a tuck a few away we need to get him back in the scoring groove.

IMO the priority should be to keep a clean sheet here. The confidence that would give us would be huge. If that means it goes to a replay then so be it. We need our defenders to believe in themselves again. If we manage a goal or two beyond that then great.

Clean sheet or bust.

Just been looking at their form - they've only won 4 from 13 at home this season and 2 of their last 10 home and away.

Excellent chance for a morale-boosting win, some goals for Cisse and a clean sheet.....

Just been looking at their form - they've only won 4 from 13 at home this season and 2 of their last 10 home and away.

Excellent chance for a morale-boosting win, some goals for Cisse and a clean sheet.....

Instead, we'll all be fuming at the fact a side in such poor form has battered us.

Instead, we'll all be fuming at the fact a side in such poor form has battered us.

:lol: That's the spirit!

Guest neesy111

Brighton away. :anguish:

Early Kick Off :anguish:

ITV :anguish:

Ronnie Radford's goal being played :anguish:

Poyet :anguish:

Wasn't bothered last night, but an away win is vital.

Is there any reason why Newcastle fans hate Poyet so much apart from scoring against us a lot? I'm afraid I'm tooyoung to remember his Chelsea career, only remember parts of his Spurs

I don't mind him apart from the aforementioned goals.