Newcastle vs. Reading - 19/01/2013 @ 3pm (not on TV) - DEFINITELY ON

Skirge

Getting close to officially backing the Pardew Out movement, as that decision looks terrible. But once again, I will give him the benefit of the doubt and wait to see what we serve up Today.

You're coming over soon, soon. You know it, we know and your common sense will kick and drag you here :lol:

I just want some consistency. I don't want to be one of the twat clubs that sacks their manager every 6 months, but the man is giving me very, very little to work with.

Aye, i do agree but it's the state of the football. I can accept losing but not playing this long ball bollocks, i hate it more than anything else in football. Its a lazy clueless managers tactic, and that is just what we have.

I don't really care about any 1 style of football, I care about the fact that we're playing awfully, and yet we continue to do the same things, expecting different results. No experimentation, no creativity. That piled on top of the quotes along the lines of becoming a stronger defensive unit, concentrating on tightening our belts etc, it's just the complete wrong mentality. You're not going to win games by spending 99% of your time concentrating on stifling the opposition, especially given the fact that we've never actually successfully stifled any fucker.

I honestly don't think we play the long ball. I'm not saying we're playing well, but there was a very definite change in tactics at Fulham away, and since then it has been trying to pass it well (and mostly failing) and looking out of ideas once reaching the last third.

Totally I agree, but people have got obsessed with this 'hoofball' phrase and are sticking to it.

Guest bimpy474

I honestly don't think we play the long ball. I'm not saying we're playing well, but there was a very definite change in tactics at Fulham away, and since then it has been trying to pass it well (and mostly failing) and looking out of ideas once reaching the last third.

Totally I agree, but people have got obsessed with this 'hoofball' phrase and are sticking to it.

Sorry Ian but that's bollocks, we have played long ball all season, Euro games and maybe 3 games in the premiership aside. If you can't see that then you must be as mental as Pardew or are Pardew :lol:

A football manager who thinks it's acceptable to start a 31 year old Shola Ameobi in a must win game has no business being in the Premier League.

I'd agree with you, but it isn't his fault he only has 2 strikers, one of which is totally shit.

Yet by all accounts he's playing one of those wide?

It's not your stereotypical long ball ala Stoke, it's your "fuck, we dont know what to do with the ball, all we're told to do is defend, so we're just gonna kick the fucker away and hope for the best".

It's a lot worse than effective long ball.

It's not your stereotypical long ball ala Stoke, it's your "fuck, we dont know what to do with the ball, all we're told to do is defend, so we're just gonna kick the fucker away and hope for the best".

It's a lot worse than effective long ball.

Yep. Effecitve long ball ala Big Sam  or Stoke gets you points.

wonder if the blue pitch markings will make it into the post-match excuses?

:lol:

Actually that's not funny when I think about it because it means we lost again.

Wait, wait, could be Pards last game then, ahaahahhahahahahahahaha.

Ronaldo defending Pardew again. :lol:

He doesn't have to play two strikers. He thinks Shola is fantastic.

Who could he play either side of Cisse? Obertan's not good enough to start, Jonas is utterly shit up there, and Marveaux is better in a deeper role.

I'm disgusted the likes of Shola and Jonas are starting, but it goes way further than Pardew. He's being fucked over too. That said, fail to win today and he'll lose whatever support I have for him.

Not only will shola on the wing offer us zero in the attacking area, you just know he'll make another one of those clumsy tackles he makes around our box.

More concerned about him playing the opposition strikers onside. Seen that at least a couple of occasions this season, one of them leading to a goal I believe.

Im glad you woke up lad! Don't you fucking dare walk out on me now and die. I feel personally responsible for you now. How do i apply for a work permit? I would be honoured to become your bodyguard. I think we could share the moments of Whitney Houston's and Kevin Costners characters in the movie Bodyguard. XO

Guest tollemache

I think there's a difference between hoofball and Mike Williamson not being very good at football

There was a patch recently, starting I think with the Wigan game, or maybe a tiny bit before, where you could see we were trying to keep it down more, and I've a sneaking suspicion, with this being a very winnable home game, that we might see the same approach and be pleasantly surprised. Or maybe we'll melt down under the pressure, shit ourselves and bash it to Shola

I think it's harsh to write off our whole season as having been an exercise in hoofball anyway.

Ronaldo defending Pardew again. :lol:

He doesn't have to play two strikers. He thinks Shola is fantastic.

Who could he play either side of Cisse? Obertan's not good enough to start, Jonas is utterly shit up there, and Marveaux is better in a deeper role.

I'm disgusted the likes of Shola and Jonas are starting, but it goes way further than Pardew. He's being fucked over too. That said, fail to win today and he'll lose whatever support I have for him.

Pardew can't have it both ways though as he was praising the board in the summer for keeping the squad together.

A football manager who thinks it's acceptable to start a 31 year old Shola Ameobi in a must win game has no business being in the Premier League.

I'd agree with you, but it isn't his fault he only has 2 strikers, one of which is totally s***.

Yet by all accounts he's playing one of those wide?

If he is, and I've no idea if he is or not, it's obviously inexcusable.