Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'll admit, that above article tells a completely different story than what I had previously assumed about Sissoko. Though I'm not convinced racial stereotyping played any part in his comparisons to Essien and Vieira...that accusation is a bit ludicrous. Seems more like everyone sees something different in Sissoko. I assumed he'd be a box-to-box guy for us, but I haven't seen the kind of defensive play I was expecting (which is not to suggest he's poor defensively...on the contrary in fact). I certainly did not expect him to be such a force on the attack. Guy's got some absolute wheels on him.

Not at all disappointed that he's not turning out to be the kind of player I had envisioned, because I'm even more excited from what I've seen so far. It'll be very interesting to see how a midfield troika of Sissoko-Cabaye-Tiote performs...could potentially be quite devastating.

Agreed as i said there was a few stupid things in that piece but the points about him as a footballer i found myself agreeing with.

Wait, he scores twice and now he's a striker?

Nope a "deep lying forward" was the term used which isn't the same thing, i think that has created some confusion but just to put that to bed.

That is exactly the role he's been used in atm and he looks a better player for it.

Even if he his playing this far forward for the rest of his NUFC career we still need another striker i don't think anyone will deny that.

Wait, he scores twice and now he's a striker?

Nope a "deep lying forward" was the term used which isn't the same thing, i think that has created some confusion but just to put that to bed.

That is exactly the role he's been used in atm and he looks a better player for it.

Even if he his playing this far forward for the rest of his NUFC career we still need another striker i don't think anyone will deny that.

So where Rooney plays atm for manure?

Personally think he's a little further forward due to hba absence, will drop deeper when he's back.

There's no reason why he should drop back when Ben Arfa come back in the side, with a free roam I can see all three of the am's dropping deep to get the ball and pushing forward to create space. Ben Arfa does it too, with enough fluidity it would work, putting the shackles on Sissoko in favour of other players is a bad idea IMHO.

3 attacking midfielders (sissoko, hba & one on the left for balance) plus a striker, under Pardew?  :undecided:

I think it will be:

Tiote

Sissoko      Cabaye

Hba                            Marv

Cisse

Still doesnt stop sissoko from going on runs, just means his presence is also felt right in the centre amongst all the action as well. You want him (in the formation above) between hba & Marv?

Krul

Taylor                    Coloccini

Debuchy                    Tiote                      Santon

Cabaye                                       

Sissoko                             

Ben Arfa                                                  Gouffran     

Cisse

:sweetjesus:

Krul

Taylor                    Coloccini

Cabaye                                       

Sissoko                             

Cisse

:sweetjesus:

That's more what I was thinking but too lazy to write out on my phone.

Krul

MYM                    Coloccini

Cabaye                                       

Sissoko                             

Cisse

:sweetjesus: :sweetjesus:

fyp

Guest Jérémy75

Krul

Cabaye                                       

Sissoko                             

Cisse

fyp

Mapou Yanga Mbiwa does not like to be called like that, he prefers to be called just Mapou or Mbiwa

Not a clue where Sissoko played at Toulouse (I thought he was a more traditional central midfielder) but he's dynamite in the position he's playing so far. It allows the team to benefit from all of his clear attributes. If that's down to Pardew then even better.

Not a clue where Sissoko played at Toulouse (I thought he was a more traditional central midfielder) but he's dynamite in the position he's playing so far. It allows the team to benefit from all of his clear attributes. If that's down to Pardew then even better.

We've Yaya'd him.

Guest Jérémy75

I doubt he's reading this tbf

this is just for information  :)

Not a clue where Sissoko played at Toulouse (I thought he was a more traditional central midfielder)

The same style as Matuidi or Mavuba. It is positioned in front of Capoue

I doubt he's reading this tbf

this is just for information  :)

Not a clue where Sissoko played at Toulouse (I thought he was a more traditional central midfielder)

The same style as Matuidi or Mavuba. It is positioned in front of Capoue

:thup:

Krul

Cabaye                                       

Sissoko                             

Cisse

fyp

Mapou Yanga Mbiwa does not like to be called like that, he prefers to be called just Mapou or Mbiwa

He told the press when he signed he prefers Yanga-Mbiwa when referring to his surname, don't forget the Yanga.

So you've just insulted him.  :hmm:

3 attacking midfielders (sissoko, hba & one on the left for balance) plus a striker, under Pardew?  :undecided:

I think it will be:

Tiote

Sissoko      Cabaye

Hba                            Marv

Cisse

Still doesnt stop sissoko from going on runs, just means his presence is also felt right in the centre amongst all the action as well. You want him (in the formation above) between hba & Marv?

Think Pards will prefer Gouffran to Marv and you can see his thinking.... more direct, more pace, higher work rate and arguably a bigger goal threat.

None the less its canny to actually have options at last.

Marv is technically the better footballer than Gouffran by the looks of things but his work rate and pace is what we've needed up there in a front 3. Marveaux isn't a natural forward at all, it showed when he tried to cut in on his left towards 3 players a few weeks ago, Gouffran in the same position has a crack with his weaker foot and it leads to a goal.