Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Playing him off Cisse isn't working and hasn't for the last 6 games or so. Wonder when s*** for brains will catch on.

Hasn't worked since Chelsea tbh, quite clearly not his game. Pardew thinks that just because he's big and quick, that's enough to do a job up front. It's football from the dark ages.

Yep, hoof and flick. Totally not what i see Sissoko is for.

Our lack of movement isn't helping either, like you said in the match thread he gets the ball and everyone just runs away from him so he just ends up running full pelt into a defender.

It bizarre they way we run away from the player on the ball, it takes away one two's, it stops us pulling their CB's out. It's just so poor, i just sit there shaking my head all the time.

It's so obvious we're trying to wing our attacking play, it goes from one extreme to another too.. there's times where our players are standing on each others toes when in possession in like one corner of the pitch so we just end up hoofing it to cisse. It's embarrassing and i find myself in envy of teams like Southampton.

so depressing and true  :(

Cabaye in front of Sissoko?

Yes where he can be more effective, dropping back into mid if necessary, with sissoko having free reign to break at will.

I would have Cabaye and Sissoko alongside each other in front of a DM ( dont care who) in a 4-3-3.... basically bring Cabaye forward 10 yards where he is atm and bring Sissoko back 10 yards.

Spot on. Switching Cabaye and Sissoko in the current structure would be a compromise really, having a genuine 3 suits all parties.

It wouldn't be so bad with the way Sissoko's currently playing, in terms of actual positioning, but he's pretty much used as a striker. It's absolute madness.

Just another who's being chronically misused. Every midfielder/attacker in the whole squad has suffered from being deployed incorrectly at some point. Gouffran and Sissoko are just the latest.

For me the decline of Sissoko is biggest example of how useless Pards is

Dat Avatar  :lol:

Its future Pardew, at the end of his 2nd eight year extension :)

Cabaye in front of Sissoko?

I don't think it's necessary to have one of them playing in front of the other, Cabaye did well in that role for a bit last season, but I'd rather he play a bit deeper. The problem is he plays too deep, it should be a DM with those two sitting in front, Sissoko can push forward and Cabaye can spray it around. It's just baffling Pardew hasn't moved Sissoko back a bit, the fact Deschamps openly laughed at the suggestion of him playing attacking mid tells you everything.

Re Cabaye, I actually think his position is alright during the 1st half vs WBA.  In fact Cabaye always tends to play further up when partnering Perch.  The "sitting too deep" problem usually occurs when Cabaye's partnering Tiote. I blame Pardew for not having the guts to drop Tiote permanently as it is painfully obvious that Tiote is playing ridiculously bad, and Pardew has no faith on him as well.  Cabaye as a result has to play deeper to protect the defence line.  Perch + Cabaye + Sissoko is what we should go for now, and we should find a new DM during the summer.

Agree that Sissoko should player deeper too.  You have to give him space to run in the middle. 

Re Cabaye, I actually think his position is alright during the 1st half vs WBA.  In fact Cabaye always tends to play further up when partnering Perch.  The "sitting too deep" problem usually occurs when Cabaye's partnering Tiote. I blame Pardew for not having the guts to drop Tiote permanently as it is painfully obvious that Tiote is playing ridiculously bad, and Pardew has no faith on him as well.  Cabaye as a result has to play deeper to protect the defence line.  Perch + Cabaye + Sissoko is what we should go for now, and we should find a new DM during the summer.

None of what you have typed is true.

Funny how everyone agrees with what I first saw at Stoke.

http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/721/5af/f7e/resized/business-cat-meme-generator-for-your-hard-work-and-loyalty-i-award-you-this-poop-in-your-shoe-a9bf2a.jpg

None of what you have typed is true.

:spit:

He's clearly a quality footballer. he certainly is not a number 10. His decline is scary stuff, but its not isolated.

There's no decline IMO. Get a manager in who can encourage some movement into the side and you'll see him and all the rest suddenly look 100% better.

Concur.  Pardew seems obsessed with trying to put square pegs in round holes.  Doesn't seem to believe in playing players in their preferred positions.  Sissoko is not a number 10.

I think he put him there to kick onto him from Elliot first and foremost, probably thinking he'd get more change out of Enrique in the air than anyone else in their backline.

been abysmal for weeks,  don't think Pardew can be blamed for the lad not being able to control and pass a football.  Keep reading that he hasn't been played in his position (what is his position?) but he looked a world beater in those first 3 or 4 games and most recent games he has still been played in that same role behind Cisse.

been abysmal for weeks,  don't think Pardew can be blamed for the lad not being able to control and pass a football.  Keep reading that he hasn't been played in his position (what is his position?) but he looked a world beater in those first 3 or 4 games and most recent games he has still been played in that same role behind Cisse.

Box to box midfielder. Pardew doesn't have a clue how to best utilise him.