Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think he put him there to kick onto him from Elliot first and foremost, probably thinking he'd get more change out of Enrique in the air than anyone else in their backline.

Only Sissoko is as average a header of the ball as it comes. :lol:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/newcastle-star-moussa-sissoko-insists-1867972

Learning the lingo: Moussa Sissoko insists there is NO language barrier at Newcastle

3 May 2013 22:30

Moussa Sissoko has insisted Newcastle's French legion are up for the relegation fight - and CAN understand Alan Pardew's tactical plans.

The France international has admitted the heavy defeat to Liverpool "hurt" the club, and led to an inquest that put the 11-strong French speaking contingent under the spotlight.

Sissoko declared there is a United front at St James's Park and said: "After a heavy defeat it does hurt, especially when it is at home against Liverpool. The important thing for us is we need to bounce back - and fast.

"The teams behind us are catching up. As professionals we need to go out there and show a different side to the one we did against Liverpool. This week we have worked really hard and we will go to West Ham and give 100pc and hopefully come back with the three points."

Sissoko was asked about the burning issue at Newcastle; has the language barrier, with the five players recruited in January who are still learning English, hampered the season.

He said: "I don't think communication is a problem. There are a lot of French guys but we have settled into the squad. Us French guys have also started to learn English so I don't think that's where the problem lies.

"When the club goes through difficult times and we have a bad result on the pitch one might jump on a certain excuse to say that's the reason but in reality that is not the case and what we are doing now is focusing on ourselves, what we do on the pitch as a squad and we are ready to go out there and do that against West Ham.

"I understand what goes on. If there is anything important behind the scenes there is an interpreter to help out. But if there is a problem then we have Yohan Cabaye or Papiss Cisse who speak fluently and they can get a message to us.

"There isn't any problem with communication, between ourselves, even off the pitch. We get on well. It is normal that some people have certain groups of friends. It happens in everyday life, but there is no problem between us. We all help each other out, we all have a laugh in the changing room. We need that team spirit and that's what's going to get us through.

"Whatever nationality, you don't want to lose. You have professional pride."

Sissoko is optimistic about next season, once the prospect of relegation has been banished. He said: "I am proud to be a Newcastle player. Even though we are going through a difficult time I am confident that if we keep together this team will get out of the situation and we will finish the season well.

"Then we will go off on holiday, rest up, spend some time with our families and then we will come back and start together, stronger next season. We have a great team here with some high quality players. It will be a lot better."

There is a debate about what Sissoko's best position is. He excelled in January playing off the striker, using his pace and power, has played on the right wing, and can also work from deep.

One of Pardew's key jobs is to find a formula that gets the best out of his new boys and Sissoko said: "I am quite a flexible and adaptable player. Most important thing for me is to help the team out wherever I am played.

"If it's No 10, No 6, or on right hand side, I will go out there and give my best. I will fight for the team. Since I have arrived I've played a bit more like a No 10. I like that as I have got a lot of freedom to go to the right or the left if I need to, or cover in defence if I have to.

"It is the best position for me to have that flexibility but wherever I play the most important thing for me is to go out there and help the team. That's what makes me happy."

Learning the lingo: Moussa Sissoko insists there is NO language barrier at Newcastle

Moussa Sissoko has insisted Newcastle's French legion are up for the relegation fight - and CAN understand Alan Pardew's tactical plans.

Well that makes them better men than me.

I hope tomorrow sees him play in the position Toure takes up at City, we need some proper power and legs in there, especially against Diame. Those driving runs would be more effective from deep when he'd actually have some options to pass to.

Guest neesy111

Manager and Player saying different things about the same subject within days of each other. :lol:

I hope tomorrow sees him play in the position Toure takes up at City, we need some proper power and legs in there, especially against Diame. Those driving runs would be more effective from deep when he'd actually have some options to pass to.

That assumes that Fraudew doesn't have all the players on strict instructions not to make any kind of run to get into a bit of space.

Not confident for tomorrow :-(

Guest bimpy474

It's why they've all got the hump with Pardew, all the players i wouldn't doubt. The shit football.

Ha - touche

out according to the Mail :anguish:

Not such a bad thing. He's in tragic form and Pardew relies on him to just run through the mid to get up to Cisse, it doesn't work so hopefully new ideas come through.

Just hope Jonas doesn't start but we all know any excuse and he's in, this is his excuse.

Not such a bad thing. He's in tragic form and Pardew relies on him to just run through the mid to get up to Cisse, it doesn't work so hopefully new ideas come through.

Just hope Jonas doesn't start but we all know any excuse and he's in, this is his excuse.

I suppose so but it also means Shola starting basically, which is not good in anyones books

Shola hasn't had his one great game a year, I don't mind him starting and Cisse needs a partner.

Any changes right now fill me with hope rather than fear.

I suppose so but it also means Shola starting basically, which is not good in anyones books

Shola hasn't had his one great game a year, I don't mind him starting and Cisse needs a partner.

Any changes right now fill me with hope rather than fear.

Good positive way of looking at it. But Shola against Collins who is physically imposing fills me with dread. If he ambles round the pitch today I'll be fucking fuming.

I'm hoping he realises the importance of today, I'm sure he does so it better be like a typical derby day performance from him. Goals.

Positive? Yeah, been feeling positive over the past couple of days, I've hit total rock bottom in terms of negativity there wasn't anywhere else to go but up. Sick of feeling like shit when thinking about football so I've changed and it'll stay to qpr unless we lose and Wigan win today, then it's panic stations once more. Or ill just stop caring, protect myself, go on holiday and forget about the club for two weeks  :lol:

If we are going old fashioned route one Brit-style up and at 'em Shola's not a bad option. Might as well pick the players that Pardew feels comfortable with. Obviously Allardyce will be over the moon, but it's not as if we were going to use Sissoko effectively anyway.