Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest bimpy474

I hate how ever single time the blokes speaks, we scrutinise every single word he comes out with. Worse than the bastard press. He'll say 3 good points then one bad point then everyone will rather jump on the bad rather than look at the 3 good points. Such negativity, no wonder people feel like given up hope with there attitudes.

I'm under no illusion Pardew pulls out the strangest tactics and team selections, none worse than Liverpool when that was probably the lowest i felt in a long time and that was before the ball kicked off. I really thought we could have beaten them on way up to town, few beers, looking forward to the match then team news arrives, felt sick. So yeah i know Pardew isn't without flaws but i really do think the hatred is way over the top before we've even kicked a ball for a pre-season friendly yet.

Preach.

I don't think Pardew is a brilliant manager but we've descended into a proper spiral of exaggerated hatred and revelling in negativity now. It's mad, even given the actual problems we do have.

Proper raging here about this post Ian, you cock.

:lol:  :rose:

I don't know tbh. He was excellent for a few games and terrible ever since. He's got a good engine. Can dribble well. Strong on the ball. Passing is too impatient. Rarely keeps possession. I'd have him in a midfield 3 flat, with licence to break forward. He would need more patient passing for that. Or tbh.... wide. As a #10 he's shit.

I don't know tbh. He was excellent for a few games and terrible ever since. He's got a good engine. Can dribble well. Strong on the ball. Passing is too impatient. Rarely keeps possession. I'd have him in a midfield 3 flat, with licence to break forward. He would need more patient passing for that. Or tbh.... wide. As a #10 he's shit.

I disagree his passing is too impatient, in fact he's very quick at spotting a pass and is very good at quick one-twos. With our lack of movement though, obviously the options become much more limited and that's when you might get the passes getting over ambitious to compensate. Now I could suggest why there is this lack of movement but then I'll be accused of insulting Pardew, so I'm just going to echo the manager and say it's a mystery.

I hate how ever single time the blokes speaks, we scrutinise every single word he comes out with. Worse than the bastard press. He'll say 3 good points then one bad point then everyone will rather jump on the bad rather than look at the 3 good points. Such negativity, no wonder people feel like given up hope with there attitudes.

I'm under no illusion Pardew pulls out the strangest tactics and team selections, none worse than Liverpool when that was probably the lowest i felt in a long time and that was before the ball kicked off. I really thought we could have beaten them on way up to town, few beers, looking forward to the match then team news arrives, felt sick. So yeah i know Pardew isn't without flaws but i really do think the hatred is way over the top before we've even kicked a ball for a pre-season friendly yet.

Preach.

I don't think Pardew is a brilliant manager but we've descended into a proper spiral of exaggerated hatred and revelling in negativity now. It's mad, even given the actual problems we do have.

Please knock him out. Do it for the forum.

Guest bimpy474

Preach.

Please knock him out. Do it for the forum.

I have trouble knocking one out, let alone knocking someone out.

As long as we stop playing Sissoko as some sort of Trequarista, he will do fine next season. I think he's one of the 2 or 3 best players at the club. First of all, he's one of the stronger and more explosive athletes in the entire sport. He actually is fairly clever and skillful with ball control especially at speed and has a good shot on him. He's not a precise passer, but he doesn't need to be, and is passing is still good enough for the Premier League. I think he plays in a midfield three ideally, but he can play in a two, or even on the wing. Just not where he was at the end of the season.

At every level of every sport, the main goal of your tactics has to be putting your best players in a position where they can succeed and make your other players better as a result. If Pardew can't figure it out in the first ~2 months of next season he should be and will be sacked.

I don't know tbh. He was excellent for a few games and terrible ever since. He's got a good engine. Can dribble well. Strong on the ball. Passing is too impatient. Rarely keeps possession. I'd have him in a midfield 3 flat, with licence to break forward. He would need more patient passing for that. Or tbh.... wide. As a #10 he's s***.

I disagree his passing is too impatient, in fact he's very quick at spotting a pass and is very good at quick one-twos. With our lack of movement though, obviously the options become much more limited and that's when you might get the passes getting over ambitious to compensate. Now I could suggest why there is this lack of movement but then I'll be accused of insulting Pardew, so I'm just going to echo the manager and say it's a mystery.

His passing was often under 80% completion. That's lower than any other good player you can think of. It's pretty terrible in fact.

74% at WBA. 79% at S'land. 72% at City. 74% at Wigan. 69%.......SIXTY NINE... against Stoke. 3% more than the lovely Ryan Shotton.

Guest bimpy474

I don't know tbh. He was excellent for a few games and terrible ever since. He's got a good engine. Can dribble well. Strong on the ball. Passing is too impatient. Rarely keeps possession. I'd have him in a midfield 3 flat, with licence to break forward. He would need more patient passing for that. Or tbh.... wide. As a #10 he's s***.

His passing was often under 80% completion. That's lower than any other good player you can think of. It's pretty terrible in fact.

74% at WBA. 79% at S'land. 72% at City. 74% at Wigan. 69%.......SIXTY NINE... against Stoke. 3% more than the lovely Ryan Shotton.

That's more of a team thing though, the lack of movement and players getting forward would be part reason for that.

If a pass is not on.. play it simple. He's too gung-ho. You don't want your AM continuously losing the ball.

I don't think that's his position though. Toulouse used him correctly I believe. Capoue, a strong tackling DM, sitting behind him and Didot who is a keen passer and a good striker of the football alongside him in a 3. From there he could do what he does best, i.e. driving the team on with athleticism, pace, and skill without having to worry about being the main midfield creator or being hamstrung by needing to constantly sit back. We need to just unleash the guy.

I would expect that to improve if he's playing in the middle, he's clearly not comfortable out wide so it's not surprising his passing numbers aren't great.

He played AM in most of those games. I remember Stoke vividly - he was horrible.

Still not his position though, also a place where he's attempting a higher number of risky passes. Passing clearly isn't his strength, but I don't think he's as bad as those stats.

Unfortunately it's this type of Pardew/Allardyce attachment to stats approach which seems to to be the blueprint we are following. Completely missing the bigger picture IMO and that's why you end up with hoofball 1980's style with these dinosaurs of the game.

He just needs to be further back and tasked to carry the ball out of midfield and then keep the ball simple, to someone with creativity or pace on wing. I'm not unopposed to trying him wide either, better than Jonas anyway.

the no 10 thing was ultimately misguided, but he was just trying to do the job asked of him and it didn't work, all those passes aren't his game. Ben Arfa deserves a shot at being a pure no 10 again anyway.

Honestly, it's fucking shite that the manager hasn't got a clue what to do with him. He's got the potential to be one of our most important and explosive players and yet six months into his career here we're still talking about seeing him shoehorned into some stupid position and/or him being anything less than as effective as can be. Why bother buying him at all?

Desperately disappointing stuff IMO.

Honestly, it's fucking shite that the manager hasn't got a clue what to do with him. He's got the potential to be one of our most important and explosive players and yet six months into his career here we're still talking about seeing him shoehorned into some stupid position and/or him being anything less than as effective as can be. Why bother buying him at all?

Desperately disappointing stuff IMO.

It's all to do with him not wanting to drop Cabaye (fair one really), Tiote or Gutierrez. The latter two shouldn't be anywhere near the team at the moment IMO, both absolute liabilities.

It's all to do with him not wanting to drop Cabaye (fair one really), Tiote or Gutierrez. The latter two shouldn't be anywhere near the team at the moment IMO, both absolute liabilities.

He should want to drop both Tiote and Jonas based on the performances from both of them last season.

As far as I'm concerned he's a DM with license to break forward from time to time.

Never seen any evidence he can actually tackle though

lol I never seen any no 10 needs to tackle...

Thats my point he is in no way a DM or number 10 really, part of midfield 3 would work for him imo

He should want to drop both Tiote and Jonas based on the performances from both of them last season.

Good to see you finally figured it out.

I would expect that to improve if he's playing in the middle, he's clearly not comfortable out wide so it's not surprising his passing numbers aren't great.

He played AM in most of those games. I remember Stoke vividly - he was horrible.

Well that's just it, he's not an AM. He's a CM through and through.