Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I don't see what others see tbh. For me he's consistently the only player apart from that cunt Ben Arfa prepared to drive the team forward from deep without simply lofting an aimless clip towards Remy. He's actually very good at getting to the by-line and cutting it back, but it's difficult to make that a useful skill when nobody is interested in getting into the box.

was poor today but then again it's hard to judge a player when the manager is changing his position every ten mins,  he played in 4 different positions in the first half and none of them were as a centre midfielder which is proper position

Disgraceful lack of effort/awareness to get himself back onside today.

This was driving people insane in the strawberry corner.

It offended people so much in the Family Enclosure that they actually shouted.

I don't see what others see tbh. For me he's consistently the only player apart from that c*** Ben Arfa prepared to drive the team forward from deep without simply lofting an aimless clip towards Remy. He's actually very good at getting to the by-line and cutting it back, but it's difficult to make that a useful skill when nobody is interested in getting into the box.

Agreed. I was one of the first to point out that his passing is erratic/poor but he consistently creates a few chances a game.

He'll do some useless things in a match. Give it away sloppily but he'll create a few opportunities. In a team that struggles to create chances, i'm not mad at him.

His ball control and passing we're decidedly suspect yesterday, but he just kept running, he's a tireless athlete, played out of position, never a right winger in a midfield 4 or front 3. He came here like a monster, that debute! Seems to have regressed skills wise.

Guest bimpy474

I like him but he gives the ball away easily to often, and the amount of times he ignores Debuchy overlapping him to shoot is astounding.

Still young and can learn, be better to judge him on a team with more movement, something most of the players could benefit from tbh.

I like him but he gives the ball away easily to often, and the amount of times he ignores Debuchy overlapping him to shoot is astounding.

Still young and can learn, be better to judge him on a team with more movement, something most of the players could benefit from tbh.

100% agree with the Debuchy thing, he busts a gut and then it gets wasted. Needs to play in more often than not when he does that

I think criticism of him is justified as his performances have levelled out as very average and he's now a largely ineffective player for us. His attributes as a player simply don't comply with the requirements of the old-school wingers Pardew employs in his 4-4-2; they must be able to get up and down the line, protect their full back (as we know...), beat a player- get to the byline- and whip in a cross. He can't do that, and barely ever has for us.

It's no coincidence that his best game for us came against Chelsea in that amazing 3-2 last year when he was playing in the middle, or off Cisse. He ran that game for us. And that's where he made his name in France, not being stuck out on the bloody wing- and left wing as well. Look at his goal this season against West Brom; an absolute belter as he tore through the middle.

But as we all know at this stage, he's preferred there over someone like Ben Arfa because he's a big powerful chap who's athletic ability allows him to cover a lot of ground and 'protect' his full back- not like we have two defensive midfielders to do that! The guy has been completely and utterly Pardewed.

they must be able to get up and down the line, protect their full back (as we know...), beat a player- get to the byline- and whip in a cross. He can't do that, and barely ever has for us.

To be fair, he can do that and often does. His delivery and first touch just makes for inconsistency.

If we're gonna play 4-4-2 it's Gouffran who should drop out with Hatem coming in.

We dont actually have anyone who can do what you have listed there, we have players that can do a few of them, but not all. Out of all we have Sissoko probably ticks more of them than anyone to be fair to him. As for playing off the front man, he was poor there for so many games after his first few great games.

Yes. He is better suited to a 4-3-3 and playing as part of the middle 3, but in a 4-4-2 who else would we play wide right? I much perfer Hatem, but we all know Pardew wont do that, so Sissoko is the next best option.

they must be able to get up and down the line, protect their full back (as we know...), beat a player- get to the byline- and whip in a cross. He can't do that, and barely ever has for us.

To be fair, he can do that and often does. His delivery and first touch just makes for inconsistency.

If we're gonna play 4-4-2 it's Gouffran who should drop out with Hatem coming in.

Agreed. He's terrible off the front man. Had a couple great games there but generally been terrible in that position. He's pretty decent out wide IMO.. inconsistent but will create opportunities.

I think criticism of him is justified as his performances have levelled out as very average and he's now a largely ineffective player for us. His attributes as a player simply don't comply with the requirements of the old-school wingers Pardew employs in his 4-4-2; they must be able to get up and down the line, protect their full back (as we know...), beat a player- get to the byline- and whip in a cross. He can't do that, and barely ever has for us.

It's no coincidence that his best game for us came against Chelsea in that amazing 3-2 last year when he was playing in the middle, or off Cisse. He ran that game for us. And that's where he made his name in France, not being stuck out on the bloody wing- and left wing as well. Look at his goal this season against West Brom; an absolute belter as he tore through the middle.

But as we all know at this stage, he's preferred there over someone like Ben Arfa because he's a big powerful chap who's athletic ability allows him to cover a lot of ground and 'protect' his full back- not like we have two defensive midfielders to do that! The guy has been completely and utterly Pardewed.

He's had very poor games in that advanced middle position too. Honestly I have no idea what his best position is. His technical attributes and decision making are pretty bad (or at least very inconsistent) and that's really holding him back on basically every position where he's been tried.

He has the athletic attributes to play such a role, but as you reaffirmed, he doesn't have the technical proficiency to do so (to consistent effect). I do agree that his ball control and decision making are obvious flaws in his game, but the fact that they have got progressively worse makes me believe that Pardew has had a massive defect on his game. I wouldn't play him in the middle ahead of Anita who is by far our best central midfielder. If we could use him in the centre or off the front man, his ability to make powerful runs might help us get in behind defences for once, as he's not able to dictate play like someone of Anita's nature.

But imo it ultimately comes down to the managers complete inability to get the best out of his players, and Sissoko is a prime example. A defensive 4-4-2- very rigid, static, and direct system is all Pardew knows, and as you see time and again with the best managers they implement a system that gets the best out of their best players, in other words they find a way to accomodate their most effective. Ash was telling me the other day how Guardiola devised his Barcelona system completely around Messi, it was constructed to maximise his devastating ability. 14 trophies later. Pardew isn't capable or interested in this, and this is why players like Ben Arfa and Marveaux will (be forced to) leave in the summer, and the likes of Santon, Sissoko, etc. will continue to wane.

Guest bendewar

His movement is awful, his decision making is awful, his tackling is awful.

There were a couple of times yesterday when he stood still and Debuchy ran past him. He spent the last 20 minutes WALKING back from offside positions. He's struggling at the moment which is a shame because he looked like a beast early on when he signed.