Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Eh, you'd be surprised?  I'm not on about GCSEs and that. :lol:

He can and does affect games but he's not a particularly intelligent footballer.

He is though. He moves into good spaces, he's good at simple one-two's, he gets into goal scoring positions and when he plays on the wing he usually puts in a decent cross. What makes you think he's not an intelligent footballer?

Decision making, mainly.

Decision making is easier when you have time in your own half passing sideways or backwards.

:lol: get the fuck out of here. There's a semblance of truth to that, but there's no way it's a legitimate defence of Sissoko's piss-poor decision making. He's supposed to be good at it, and he isn't.

Ok tell me who is and we'll discuss their merits.

As a player, I find him incredibly frustrating. He's just inconsistent; he goes from sublime to Sunday morning player and back again in the space of about ten minutes flat - and I'm talking basic 5-yard passes or blatantly obvious good passing opportunities ignored. It's really unusual.

He should have scored. He had a decent game. If he breaks like that every time we get the ball, we'll score a lot of counter attacking goals. I liked what I saw. It wasn't his fault that Kompany was unbelievable and had Riviere on lockdown. Other CBs will give time and space to our attackers.

I think he struggles with some of the criticism HBA got/gets. When 90% of all of the chances we create involve him, it looks more obvious that he's "making bad choices" or whatever because he is failing more than succeeding. On the other side to that there is no one else in our team even close to offering what he does. He drives the team forward, he creates space for other players, he never stops running and I rarely see him slow.

So yes, he might miss chances, he might misplace a pass or get it stuck under his feet when he's singled out on his own. But the fact that he had more assists than anyone last year is not by luck. I think if we can see more of him in the centre we'll see more of what people like about him. FWIW he's the first name on the team sheet imo.

I think he struggles with some of the criticism HBA got/gets. When 90% of all of the chances we create involve him, it looks more obvious that he's "making bad choices" or whatever because he is failing more than succeeding. On the other side to that there is no one else in our team even close to offering what he does. He drives the team forward, he creates space for other players, he never stops running and I rarely see him slow.

So yes, he might miss chances, he might misplace a pass or get it stuck under his feet when he's singled out on his own. But the fact that he had more assists than anyone last year is not by luck. I think if we can see more of him in the centre we'll see more of what people like about him. FWIW he's the first name on the team sheet imo.

:thup: Hopefully as the team gets used to each other (and he gets used to playing CM again!) we'll see an improvement in chance creation.

Deckard :thup:

Especially the comparisons to Hatem which are shockingly true. For a group of fans who apparently thrive on fast, direct, swashbuckling football we seem to absolutely detest any player who actually might make that happen. I've said it before but in 2014 we'd literally tut Messi off the pitch.

Especially the comparisons to Hatem which are shockingly true. For a group of fans who apparently thrive on fast, direct, swashbuckling football we seem to absolutely detest any player who actually might make that happen. I've said it before but in 2014 we'd literally tut Messi off the pitch.

This, totally agree. Never quite get the English mentality when watching football, Cabella did a couple of step overs and looked to create something but sadly came to nothing and the lads sat around me starting moaning, berating the lazy little so and so, moments later Colback crashed into someone and they were up out of their seats clapping and going batshit mental over his brilliance. Football fans, strange.

WOW!  :lol:

There's people out there that were berating Cabella already, based on that performance?!

I think I would have got up and left if I was sitting beside someone like that at yesterday's game.

This, totally agree. Never quite get the English mentality when watching football, Cabella did a couple of step overs and looked to create something but sadly came to nothing and the lads sat around me starting moaning, berating the lazy little so and so, moments later Colback crashed into someone and they were up out of their seats clapping and going batshit mental over his brilliance. Football fans, strange.

80% of football fans are thick as planks. No wonder Ashley was sat in his seat yesterday giggling like a schoolgirl.

WOW!  :lol:

There's people out there that were berating Cabella already, based on that performance?!

I think I would have got up and left if I was sitting beside someone like that at yesterday's game.

I know, I couldn't believe what i was hearing!

You know what ... as disgusting as Pardew is, I really feel that a lot of fans would be just like him if they were in that hot seat.

Ultimately getting annoyed with the fancy French dudes, and demanding they all "work harder", while playing the supposedly grittier locals instead, who really aren't that great.

You know what ... as disgusting as Pardew is, I really feel that a lot of fans would be just like him if they were in that hot seat.

Ultimately getting annoyed with the fancy French dudes, and demanding they all "work harder", while playing the supposedly grittier locals instead, who really aren't that great.

Course they would, it's not like Pardew is a unique example of this phenomenon. He's just the one that happens to manage Newcastle.

It's weird, there's a certain, very vocal, section of English fans who live and die by this "points are all that matters" mentality and somehow have came to the conclusion that the best way to consistently win those points is to play shit football. I'm sure we never used to be like that but 4 years of Pardew and we might as well Stoke City circa-2009.

I find it really difficult to understand how Newcastle supporters who saw Keegan's team could have come to develop this Pardew like mentality. It's not like he has ever managed to achieve anything close to what Keegan did with this negative approach. Very confusing.