Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think everyone needs to let this go now. We got £30m for him and he got the move that he thought he was worth. Why are so many people praying for him to fail at Spurs? Because they were wrong that he was worth that much money and he'd get a CL team?

I had little doubt he'd got for £30m+, he absolutely isn't worth that though and will fail in the long run, simply because he's thick as mince.

You had little doubt he'd go for £30m+ yet consider him as thick as mince. I don't really want to equate you with the daft f***er who wanted rid of him for £3m but how does this compute?

You've never known a player was going to go for a big fee, but didn't rate him as worth it personally? It's surely a very common thing?

Basically, I think it's churlish to suggest that it's a complete and utter waste of money and premature to say that it's a great deal for us until we know what he's capable of with the consistent surrounds of good/motivated players and an adept coaching staff. I suspect that the fee will end up looking inflated because he has technical limitations (first touch and decision-making) and/or he will be a squad player, but not daylight robbery like the Carroll deal. I understand the anger insofar as it relates to his disrespectful conduct in trying to secure his move away, but I find it hard to be really angry about lacklustre performances on the pitch when we weren't trying/functioning as a proper sporting institution for his entire time here. Everyone saying "it's a good deal" - it looks to be one, but I don't think we will be able to tell until approximately 2 years down the road. My personal suspicion is that he won't make the grade at Spurs and it will look like a good deal. I don't think he has a team-first ethic that is required to succeed in a side like theirs.

Almost everyone on here, even those of us that doesn't rate Sissoko, knew he'd go for a big fee thanks to his occasional great game and Euro performance. Doesn't prove that he's a good player at all.

:thup:

It's also a crazy market right now and Rafa/club were smart enough to set a silly price from the outset. The fact he was only signed with hours of the window left shows it was more of a desperate signing than a top player in demand that went for a fair price.

I rated him for us and think he's got the 'good player criticism syndrome' on here, where he's been one of our most creative players during his tenure here but because he quite often has bad games he gets more negative attention than some players who have contributed so much less.

Doesn't help with his embarrassing constant pleading for a 'big' club to buy him though.

Find is your original quote TRon and I'll stick it in my sig, we cannot have anyone not knowing you said Sissoko would go for decent money.

So proud of the most basic of opinions.

People want him to find limited success because he's a cunt Tron, in the same way Pardew's constant failures are enjoyed. Get owa it.

I don't really care what happens to Sissoko now he's gone, we got more than he's worth in my eyes so I'm happy with that assuming it goes to the good of the club and not just Ashley's pocket.

In some respects I may have a wry smile if he does flop at Spurs, as it does underline my feeling that isn't as good as he thinks he is, but I won't lose any sleep over him doing well at Spurs.

People want Sissoko to fail simply because of the way he's conducted himself and his blatant lack of respect to the club that paid his huge salary and it's supporters.

Wijnaldum left earlier this summer for £25m and has had virtually no reaction at all from the fans.

He typifies the type of player we've signed in recent times who has given up, become disinterested leading to diassafection among the fans. On his day he excels but those days are so few and far between. To get 30m and shift a player who was probably only going to sulk and cause disharmony is fantastic. I have no doubt that the money brought in may be used in January towards a final push to promotion.

Find is your original quote TRon and I'll stick it in my sig, we cannot have anyone not knowing you said Sissoko would go for decent money.

So proud of the most basic of opinions.

People want him to find limited success because he's a cunt Tron, in the same way Pardew's constant failures are enjoyed. Get owa it.

I wouldn't have mentioned Pardew in the same sentence mate, not considering you were one of his vocal apologists during his time dismantling our club.

Got the worst rating of all french players with a 4.5 out of 10. I'm extremely disappointed for him....

Just had a big move. probably got things on his mind like moving house/kids school etc. Its too be expected.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...