Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If these lot were saying this during the SBR days, different story to me. Saying it now means nothing, the club's owner does not have ambitions to take this club into Europa and then build into CL. If that was the case and we were fighting it out to get to the CL, sure I'd have a problem with comments and posturing away...but as it stands, when the club's goals are not to compete at the very highest level and clear out dead-weight players and replace them with quality, even the most loyal player would be frustrated,

Something of nothing really. Cannot blame a lad for wanting to be at a top club competing for silverware when we aren't bothered at all. Palace for £13million in January. Pards gets into Europe. Woy gets sacked following us being dumped in the quarters and the slime ball gets the England job. Whole world laughs at NUFC again...

I still don't believe in the Cabaye "refusal to play" like. Obviously he didn't play that game, but I think it was down to the board and manager just as much as Cabaye, as they were certainly doing their damn best to get him sold for a big sum.

Some overly sensitive chaps to players desiring to go play CL football or play for an elite european club who doesn't have Mike Ashley as owner. We aren't talking about mid 90's players banging on the door to play for Keegan and SJH and with Shearer and co. This is modern football folks.

I still don't believe in the Cabaye "refusal to play" like. Obviously he didn't play that game, but I think it was down to the board and manager just as much as Cabaye, as they were certainly doing their damn best to get him sold for a big sum.

what about for Shay Given?

Can't quite remember, but didn't happen just after us getting stuffed 6-0 at home to Liverpool and it was clear as day that after that game he just thought 'fuck it, I've had enough of this bullshit now'? Don't really see how that is relevant here though :lol:

Thought it was 5-1 but it could have easily been 10+.

I was at the game and remember Given getting booked for kicking the ball away out of his hands in frustration when the whistle had been blown at one point.  This followed around 6 or 7 transfer windows when he'd been in the papers saying we needed to buy more players.  His motives were beyond question, the timing wasn't great though.

Even as an NUFC fan if I was a professional I wouldn't want to waste a minute of my career at Ashley's Newcastle United. Given was 32 and offered the chance to leave the cesspit to win trophies. Fair play to him.

If you replace Ashley with say John Henry, or Everton/Swansea/Southampton's ownership, then I'd say - f*** it, Moussa quiet up, build your career here and TAKE us forward to the next level. I'd have said the same to Cabaye, Loic Remy etc....in today's world.

Ownership matches ambition of the players, different conversation, when the ownership couldn't give a f***, no issues with the player walking.

Moussa, Cabaye etc. never have insulted as the supporters by the way. Same for Enrique etc - the fans are always praised  and respected.

Even as an NUFC fan if I was a professional I wouldn't want to waste a minute of my career at Ashley's Newcastle United. Given was 32 and offered the chance to leave the cesspit to win trophies. Fair play to him.

If you replace Ashley with say John Henry, or Everton/Swansea/Southampton's ownership, then I'd say - f*** it, Moussa quiet up, build your career here and TAKE us forward to the next level. I'd have said the same to Cabaye, Loic Remy etc....in today's world.

Ownership matches ambition of the players, different conversation, when the ownership couldn't give a f***, no issues with the player walking.

Moussa, Cabaye etc. never have insulted as the supporters by the way. Same for Enrique etc - the fans are always praised  and respected.

Agreed.

Can't quite remember, but didn't happen just after us getting stuffed 6-0 at home to Liverpool and it was clear as day that after that game he just thought 'fuck it, I've had enough of this bullshit now'? Don't really see how that is relevant here though :lol:

Apologies if I'm wrong, but you're one of Given's critics, no?

Apologies if I'm wrong, but you're one of Given's critics, no?

I can't remember :lol: I might have been when he just left, but any resentment I might have had for him is long gone.