Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Also we supposedly beat out competition from Marseille, Monaco, Sunderland, QPR, Aston Villa and Juventus for Sissoko. Definitely not unchallenged on this one.

Spurs as well apparently, if reports are to be believed.

And if there's one thing we know, it's that he won't be coming here because he'd get more money from us than anyone else. Obviously he'll raise his wages from Toulouse, but the rest of the PL clubs would have probably paid him more, bar Villa.

Get this lad in and I will consider this transfer window a huge success even if Colo goes. If we manage to keep Colo it'll have been a fucking ridiculous window, about as good as I can remember.

I still wouldn't right off Marveaux being a long-term starter, ahead of Gouffran in some games.

Everything I've seen of Marveaux suggests that's a bit like saying Santon will start above Tiote in some games. Completely different positions.

True, except people were listing Marveaux wide in a 4-3-3. IMO he's better in midfield.

Very much so. :thup:  He's no wide forward.

I'd agree that he's looked better in CM, but it may just be a case that he'll have more of a chance of getting a game out wide than he does through the middle with how our squad is shaping up.

Can he force his way into a CM role when he's got Cabaye, Tiote, Anita and Sissoko to compete with? Maybe, but it won't be easy.

Our options out wide aren't great though, especially with Ben Arfa out at the minute. His competition basically boils down to Gouffran, Obertan, and Jonas at the minute. I'd have him ahead of Jonas or Obertan every time for sure.

It's also worth noting that he hasn't exactly had a lot of opportunities in a wide role for us, and as far as I'm aware that was where he played most of his football in France. I'd be interested in seeing him get a game out on the left now that he seems properly fit again and is playing with some confidence.

I think the best bet going forward would be the likes of Marveux/Cabaye/Anita interchanging during games, allowing us to be more fluid and confuse opposition. With the players we are starting to get it should provide more movement hopefully and hopefully with Gouffran drifting in from right with Cisse up top, Marv out left and Cabs in front of Sissokho and Anita. My god with the defence we look pretty fucking decent :)

Have I missed something? He's signed nowt yet, this could still go wrong.

Of course it could, but we've got two very reliable French outlets saying it's a done deal. I'd say it's very, very likely that he'll sign. Of course, the Remy shit means that you can't ever be sure until it's official, but it seems like the player wants to come here despite having talked to most other teams already.

I look at that team, and it's truly remarkable.

It's taken a while, but you have to say the guys running the club, are certainly getting there.

To gather the quality we have at the prices we did, is just unheard of in football today.

Brilliant, brilliant stuff.

Now let's stay up, and next season anything is possible with the team being put together.

Nicely put :thup:

Not wanting to piss on your chips, but out of all the players we've signed/signing this window, i've not really seen any of them play much and none have played in England before. I'm delighted we're finally making signings, but i'll reserve judgement on their quality until they've played 6 months together.

The sad thing is, we don't have 6 months to bed them in. We need instant results. Fingers crossed.

I look at that team, and it's truly remarkable.

It's taken a while, but you have to say the guys running the club, are certainly getting there.

To gather the quality we have at the prices we did, is just unheard of in football today.

Brilliant, brilliant stuff.

Now let's stay up, and next season anything is possible with the team being put together.

Nicely put :thup:

Not wanting to p*ss on your chips, but out of all the players we've signed/signing this window, i've not really seen any of them play much and none have played in England before. I'm delighted we're finally making signings, but i'll reserve judgement on their quality until they've played 6 months together.

The sad thing is, we don't have 6 months to bed them in. We need instant results. Fingers crossed.

Well you're going to have a treat when you finally see them step on the pitch I assure you!

They will settle in quickly, just by virtue of how athletic they are alone, as that goes such a long way in this league. Astonishingly enough, these guys also all have technical gifts too.

We've signed some frighteningly good players. Enjoy!

Excellent news if true. He wouldn't displace Anita IMO, Sissoko's wasted as a DM. Hopefully by the weekend, we could have Tiote and Anita vying for the defensive midfielder spot (with Perch as back up), with Cabaye, Marveaux, Sissoko and Bigi going for the central places.

There's some good options there for different games, which is key. All of those players have different strengths and will suit certain circumstances, the only sure starter for all would be Cabaye for me.

Newcastle or Villa? Absolute no brainer

Indeed it isn't :lol:

Feel bad for them. Looks like they're going through similar times to us. Frustrations at the owner, team not performing as well as they should etc... Shame, good club, fans who aren't cunts, hope they stay up though karma should see them go down for what they made of our relegation.

Feeding off everyone's excitement here, who's seen him play. If we get him he sounds like another great signing.

Great stuff this window, never been anything quite like this before.

Newcastle or Villa? Absolute no brainer

Indeed it isn't :lol:

Feel bad for them. Looks like they're going through similar times to us. Frustrations at the owner, team not performing as well as they should etc... Shame, good club, fans who aren't cunts, hope they stay up though karma should see them go down for what they made of our relegation.

http://danielprince.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/villa1.jpg