Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I give up, I've got to ask. How are you getting these players, especially for these prices? Why on earth isn't anyone else in for them? Why are they coming? Cheeky happy hour with Pardew? All expenses night out at in the Goose? A tour of Longbenton? I'm baffled.

Two men. Cabaye and Ben Arfa. IMO.

Aye, I actually think that both Benny and Cabs have been instrumental in the process of tapping up these players. Without them I doubt some of these would consider us.

Completely ingoring all the hard work our scouting team have done, the set up we have created in France and the relationship with the agents we have. 

Aye the players signed them.

Not ignoring the scouts at all. It's one thing to identify these players, and it's another to get them to sign. When they see how well Cabaye and Ben Arfa have done here, and heard how much they're enjoying it, gives them an extra incentive. Also both have shown they can hold down their places in the national side playing for NUFC.

And yes, I'm not hiding it very well - I'm clearly jealous you're buying player after player, while we scratch around for a few spare 50p coins to get a loan player in, all while Naismith "works hard" on the right wing.

To make it even harder on you we'll snap up Moyes in the summer when he's out of contract.  :bluestar:

I give up, I've got to ask. How are you getting these players, especially for these prices? Why on earth isn't anyone else in for them? Why are they coming? Cheeky happy hour with Pardew? All expenses night out at in the Goose? A tour of Longbenton? I'm baffled.

Because of our French players.

Cabaye has become a regular player for the French team since playing for us and Benny has fought his way back into the side as well, that and the fact that the French players can help each other settle in.

Playing in a 52k stadium in the Premier League is a big attraction as well.

And because our recruitment team is badass.

Despite the stick those at the top get, we clearly have a top notch recruitment team. Hasn't always been the case but we've clearly learned. Apart from when it comes to appointing managers.

Actually it's not so much the fact you're getting these players - regardless of your current position, a club like Newcastle should be aiming for this standard of players. I'm just confused why it seems as though no other clubs are aware of all these players going for cheap. It's just bizarre. IIRC didn't you get Cabaye on the cheap without any sort of competition? There's good recruitment, then there's that.

Thats changing, we ave seen that already this transfer window. I don't think we were the only ones in for Debuchy but he had pretty much already agreed to come to us and wanted to join up with Cabaye, we lost out on Remy, if M'vila was a target for us we lost out on him and there was plenty of others in for him, Mbiwa was being tracked by Arsenal amongst others, we got in first and our French layers also helped, Gouffran I'm not so sure abut, Ssisoko has had other clubs chasing him, if we get him then we have simply got there first and possibly helped by our French players, Haidara is also being tracked by others, if we get him it would have been because we got there first.

Simply put us getting there first and our current French squad is what is separating us from everyone else.

I take it this player is decent going by the reaction of everyone.  Can someone do me a comparison - who is he most like in playing terms?

Momo Diame 2.0 imo.

Cheers sounds promising.

I still wouldn't right off Marveaux being a long-term starter, ahead of Gouffran in some games.

Everything I've seen of Marveaux suggests that's a bit like saying Santon will start above Tiote in some games. Completely different positions.

True, except people were listing Marveaux wide in a 4-3-3. IMO he's better in midfield.

Very much so. :thup:  He's no wide forward.

I'd agree that he's looked better in CM, but it may just be a case that he'll have more of a chance of getting a game out wide than he does through the middle with how our squad is shaping up.

Can he force his way into a CM role when he's got Cabaye, Tiote, Anita and Sissoko to compete with? Maybe, but it won't be easy.

Our options out wide aren't great though, especially with Ben Arfa out at the minute. His competition basically boils down to Gouffran, Obertan, and Jonas at the minute. I'd have him ahead of Jonas or Obertan every time for sure.

It's also worth noting that he hasn't exactly had a lot of opportunities in a wide role for us, and as far as I'm aware that was where he played most of his football in France. I'd be interested in seeing him get a game out on the left now that he seems properly fit again and is playing with some confidence.

http://www.nufcfans.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/nufcfans_yohan_cabaye_newcastle_united_model.jpg

Despite the stick those at the top get, we clearly have a top notch recruitment team. Hasn't always been the case but we've clearly learned. Apart from when it comes to appointing managers.

Actually it's not so much the fact you're getting these players - regardless of your current position, a club like Newcastle should be aiming for this standard of players. I'm just confused why it seems as though no other clubs are aware of all these players going for cheap. It's just bizarre. IIRC didn't you get Cabaye on the cheap without any sort of competition? There's good recruitment, then there's that.

It's because the value bit is the most important, so we get transfer windows like last summer, and then this. Depends when the value signings are available.

Thats changing, we ave seen that already this transfer window. I don't think we were the only ones in for Debuchy but he had pretty much already agreed to come to us and wanted to join up with Cabaye, we lost out on Remy, if M'vila was a target for us we lost out on him and there was plenty of others in for him, Mbiwa was being tracked by Arsenal amongst others, we got in first and our French layers also helped, Gouffran I'm not so sure abut, Ssisoko has had other clubs chasing him, if we get him then we have simply got there first and possibly helped by our French players, Haidara is also being tracked by others, if we get him it would have been because we got there first.

Simply put us getting there first and our current French squad is what is separating us from everyone else.

:thup: in a nutshell.

Mbiwa pointed out that we were the only club who showed real interest in him. I don't think it's much more complicated or mysterious than that. Carr has proved himself a top notch scout. A scout isn't just for spotting talent, but for having and keeping contacts throughout the world of football that give you an advantage when it comes to recruiting players who are sought-after hot properties.

Maybe I've overestimated how saturated the market is. It's just the concept of getting a succession of apparently good players, on the cheap, without any sort of competition. I'm struggling to get my head around it. It's as though no other clubs exist.

But then there's Remy, you can't win them all, and if we don't feel there's value in it we just won't do it.

I look at that team, and it's truly remarkable.

It's taken a while, but you have to say the guys running the club, are certainly getting there.

To gather the quality we have at the prices we did, is just unheard of in football today.

Brilliant, brilliant stuff.

Now let's stay up, and next season anything is possible with the team being put together.

I look at that team, and it's truly remarkable.

It's taken a while, but you have to say the guys running the club, are certainly getting there.

To gather the quality we have at the prices we did, is just unheard of in football today.

Brilliant, brilliant stuff.

Now let's stay up, and next season anything is possible with the team being put together.

Nicely put :thup: