Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

£30m is only fantastic if we have time to sign a winger. Right now we only have Ritchie basically.

What?

Rictchie, Atsu, Aarons, Gouffran, Perez and Gayle who can all occupy those positions.

What, what? Atsu hasn't signed yet. Aarons is dead, Gouffran isn't good enough imo and Perez and Gayle aren't wingers. We probably have 20 other wingers in the reserves and youth teams if you want to be pedantic, I'm talking about quality here to get us promoted straight away.

Ritchie is mint.

Atsu is signing. All bit confirmed.

Gouffran, in my (and many other peoples) opinion, has been one of our better performers this season so far. Up turn in form has a lot to do with his diligence and performances in my opinion.

Perez sure isn't a striker or a number 10 in this league, so I can only see him getting games long term as one of the wide 2.

Gayle can play there is necessary, and Rafa has already indicated that he sees him capable of playing as a wide forward. So I think we'll see him play there a fair bit when Mitro is back.

Aarons is injured, yes, but you can't go out and buy players everytime someone gets injured.

Really don't see how we're going to run this league with those as our wide players. One injury to Ritchie and we're truly fucked imo so we'll have to agree to disagree :thup:

Could get him more motivated than ever if he has to stay. Will have to absolutely tear the league apart if he wants a similar move in January.

Just playing devils advocate here (as I think playing hardball is the right precedent to set, similar to WBA with Berahino), but there have been plenty of big money transfers based on past form/reputation as opposed to the most recent performances. Point being, in theory he could sulk, not do much, and still get a move in January, probably for a lower price. Quite a few clubs would probably be willing to write off 5 months of doing nothing in the Championship as being down to being unsettled/unhappy, especially ones at the bottom end of the Premiership who'll be getting desperate.

Absolutely no way should we budge on the valuation and/or terms for Spurs of all clubs.

If he ends up staying, it has to be in his own interest (and ours of course) to knuckle down and put himself back in the shop window.

As it is, he's sat sulking since the Euros, hence his options are now pretty limited today.

Could get him more motivated than ever if he has to stay. Will have to absolutely tear the league apart if he wants a similar move in January.

Just playing devils advocate here (as I think playing hardball is the right precedent to set, similar to WBA with Berahino), but there have been plenty of big money transfers based on past form/reputation as opposed to the most recent performances. Point being, in theory he could sulk, not do much, and still get a move in January, probably for a lower price. Quite a few clubs would probably be willing to write off 5 months of doing nothing in the Championship as being down to being unsettled/unhappy, especially ones at the bottom end of the Premiership who'll be getting desperate.

Hope he's prepared to sulk for three years then. Berahino had a year left on his contract and West Brom still didn't budge.

This is hilarious, especially as I don't really care whatever the outcome is. If he stays, good, serves the mopey bastard right and he'll be good in this league. If he leaves we'll get a big sum for a player I don't rate at all. Win win.

Everton and Spurs have done us no favours over the last few years so I'd be annoyed if we backed down. It's a bit late to reinvest imo, unless we've got serious targets already lined up or we're prepared to go with what we've got and have another look in January, which I wouldn't be wholly against.

But as people have said, unless we back down then we can't lose.

Fwiw, Sissoko hasn't done much wrong amidst all the speculation and hi time at Newcastle. He wants a move which is understandable, I have no doubts that if he's here post the transfer window he'll prove to be a great asset throughout the season

Fwiw, Sissoko hasn't done much wrong amidst all the speculation and hi time at Newcastle. He wants a move which is understandable, I have no doubts that if he's here post the transfer window he'll prove to be a great asset throughout the season

He's constantly spoke about leaving for a champions league club, all the while putting in poor performances week in week out for us, he deserves to be stuck here, if he hadn't acted like an idiot he would have already gone.

He's given a number of interviews stating he wants to leave, criticising the club for their asking price and then kicking off that we havent reduced the asking price.