Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Luke Edwards saying for the first time this summer Ashley will decide this transfer.

Does that not go against what Rafa had written into his contract about full control with football and transfers?

Luke Edwards saying for the first time this summer Ashley will decide this transfer.

Does that not go against what Rafa had written into his contract about full control with football and transfers?

Rafa might not fancy him in the team and has deferred to Cashley on this one?

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

I meant If we could get a player in like Ritchie and Gayle who is going to give there all to for the same price then I would do it. If we could for example sell him today for 14m and replace him with knockaert that would still be a good deal.

But we could sell him for £25m, get Knockaert in as you say and then have £11m left over :lol:

:facepalm:

Hope we've got someone else lined up

I doubt we do. If he does go for 25m+ I doubt we can convince a player worth replacing him to come here. Maybe, but I doubt it. That doesn't mean we have to sign the likes of McManaman either.

People saying that we should spend all it takes to get Knockaert, i've seen numbers like £14-15m as well as £20m something. There's no doubt that he would make us a better team in the Championship. But i think that we don't want to spend a massive amount of money on him because we would rather get an even better player once/if we get promoted. He's a good player there's no doubt about that, but lets not kid ourselves that he has proven anything at the highest level yet. I think that is why we keep or powder dry because once we are in the PL again we'll be able to attract better players that can take us places.

Rafa is trying to make us as strong as possible without spending crazt money. I hope it's going to be enough to get us promoted, and it should tbh.

There's no outcome from today which would particularly dissapoint me, I'd take 25m but won't lose any sleep if he goes for say 22m, pre euros I think most of us would have said that was a fair price.

But if it was me I'd play as much hardball as possible, to set a precedent.

There's no outcome from today which would particularly dissapoint me, I'd take 25m but won't lose any sleep if he goes for say 22m, pre euros I think most of us would have said that was a fair price.

But if it was me I'd play as much hardball as possible, to set a precedent.

Agreed, tbh I would sell for £20 million to anyone other than Spurs.

If we don't budge and let him go for much less than we were prepared to before it will also do us well in the long term. Other clubs will know that we're hard negotiators and don't sell players for peanuts.

If we don't budge and let him go for much less than we were prepared to before it will also do us well in the long term. Other clubs will know that we're hard negotiators and don't sell players for peanuts.

Yep, might not be the best option short term but long term it could do us the world of good.