Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest firetotheworks

£90m for Sissoko, Carroll and Wijnaldum. Magic.

90m for Sissoko, Carroll and Wijnaldum! Amazing!

Magically amazing :aww: :aww: :aww:

Aye, it was incredible how Ashley profited from them/their replacements wasn't it? [emoji38] No idea why people care about the club making a profit when it made no difference to us until Rafa came along.

Tbh I am more stunned at the fact people are still going on as if he was one of the best players at Euro 2016 than the £30m price tag even. He done f*** all man. Hit a few shots over the bar and wide and put one good cross into the box vs Switzerland having a good match in an effectively meaningless final group game. Big whoop.

Compare his Euro's to players who were actually good for France and played brilliant like Payet and Griezmann and you'll see there's not even a comparison to how he performed and contributed to the team when put up against France's actual best players of the tournament.

Payet did fuck all when it mattered

Tbh I am more stunned at the fact people are still going on as if he was one of the best players at Euro 2016 than the £30m price tag even. He done f*** all man. Hit a few shots over the bar and wide and put one good cross into the box vs Switzerland having a good match in an effectively meaningless final group game. Big whoop.

Compare his Euro's to players who were actually good for France and played brilliant like Payet and Griezmann and you'll see there's not even a comparison to how he performed and contributed to the team when put up against France's actual best players of the tournament.

Payet did f*** all when it mattered

He did score a last minute screamer with his wrong foot in the opening game mind

Payet did f*** all when it mattered

He did score a last minute screamer with his wrong foot in the opening game mind

"When it mattered"

I'd say most last minute winners matter like. It wasn't the winning goal in a final obviously but it still mattered. It wasn't some consolation goal or a goal when they were already winning.

Your playing for the home nation with loads of expectation on your shoulders and are labouring to a disappointing draw against Romania and in the last minute he scores a screamer to send the country into raptures

I'd say most last minute winners matter like. It wasn't the winning goal in a final obviously but it still mattered. It wasn't some consolation goal or a goal when they were already winning.

Your playing for the home nation with loads of expectation on your shoulders and are labouring to a disappointing draw against Romania and in the last minute he scores a screamer to send the country into raptures

Still didn't really matter in the grand scheme of things

It might have,  France could have ended up with 3 points in the group and would have had to have faced a different route to the final and face harder teams than Ireland and Iceland to the semis

But they would've finished on 5 points and top anyway if they drew

They might not have the same belief they could get a winner in their 2nd game in the last minute if they hadn't done it in the first game.

If you're playing the first game of a big international tournament in your team's home country and are struggling to a 1-1 draw and then you unleash an unstoppable shot into the top corner in the last minute, at that moment in time (forget anything after that)  Payet definitely delivered when it mattered.

This debate could get boring [emoji38]

They might not have the same belief they could get a winner in their 2nd game in the last minute if they hadn't done it in the first game.

This is probably one of the more boring conversations I've had on here :lol: I'll just change my original statement to "did fuck all in the knockout rounds" and leave it at that

Payet got 3 goals and two assists in 6 appearances in the Euros which included one sub appearence. He also got into the official team of the tournement. But yeah he did f*** all............................

Are you deliberately being thick?

Payet got 3 goals and two assists in 6 appearances in the Euros which included one sub appearence. He also got into the official team of the tournement. But yeah he did f*** all............................

I could pose that same question to you.

So are you?

You're saying one of the players of the tournament done nothing when it mattered.

Well you've already been call out on your horseshit as somebody mentioned his performances in the group stage as a starter. He got a goal and an assist in the Romania match, would have been an embarrassing loss without him, and another goal and assist against Albania which would have been a horrible 0-0 draw without his contributions to the match. All while Mr Sissoko done f*** all.

After being called out on your ignorance you had a change of heart and changed your tone to 'ooh he done nothing when it mattered in the knockouts I meant'.

Really?

Because for starters he scored the third goal against Iceland. You can talk s*** about how it was an easy match and Iceland were awful and blah blah but you cannot tell me a third goal in any given match does not matter not least in a Quarter-Final of a major competition. We all know the cliche about two goal leads being dangerous, and there is some truth in it just look at when Norwich were beating us 1-3 the other month, but the third goal more often than not proves to be the ultimate game killer. Far more times teams coming back from 2 down than 3 down.

He also created more chances in the knockouts than any other player on the French team, as well as the tournament as a whole for France. Again you can talk s*** about how none of them lead to assists but that's out of his control. He can't make his teammate put it in the net that's up to them and their ability. Are you going to sit there and tell me that creating chances for your teammates does not matter???  How many chances did Sissoko create for his teammates?

Also do you really think the likes of Sir Alex Ferguson, who has far greater football knowledge and player judgement than you me or anyone on this forum, would handpick him for their team of the tournament based on two group games? Do you think they're dumb enough to do that and not look at the tournament as a whole?

It just seems to me as if some Newcastle fans feel bad that their club ripped Tottenham off and got a ridiculous fee off them for a s*** player. So they feel like they have to justify the 30m somehow by letting on Sissoko was outstanding and France's great big hero in Euro 2016 when in fact he done nothing of significance in the 4 games he started and 2 games he came off the bench for. He was s***, just not as s*** as he normally was for Newcastle, but still s***.

The amount of words there is out of proportion to the importance of this debate. The universe must be realigned.

It's what happens when personal dislike of a player starts interfering with rational thought. I still remember the vitriol which used to be aimed at Dyer because he was considered too big for his boots. If overvaluing Sissoko means we got £30m for him rather than £3m then put me firmly in the former camp. If Spurs hadn't took him then Everton would have. We won.

I could pose that same question to you.

So are you?

You're saying one of the players of the tournament done nothing when it mattered.

Well you've already been call out on your horseshit as somebody mentioned his performances in the group stage as a starter. He got a goal and an assist in the Romania match, would have been an embarrassing loss without him, and another goal and assist against Albania which would have been a horrible 0-0 draw without his contributions to the match. All while Mr Sissoko done f*** all.

After being called out on your ignorance you had a change of heart and changed your tone to 'ooh he done nothing when it mattered in the knockouts I meant'.

Really?

Because for starters he scored the third goal against Iceland. You can talk s*** about how it was an easy match and Iceland were awful and blah blah but you cannot tell me a third goal in any given match does not matter not least in a Quarter-Final of a major competition. We all know the cliche about two goal leads being dangerous, and there is some truth in it just look at when Norwich were beating us 1-3 the other month, but the third goal more often than not proves to be the ultimate game killer. Far more times teams coming back from 2 down than 3 down.

He also created more chances in the knockouts than any other player on the French team, as well as the tournament as a whole for France. Again you can talk s*** about how none of them lead to assists but that's out of his control. He can't make his teammate put it in the net that's up to them and their ability. Are you going to sit there and tell me that creating chances for your teammates does not matter???  How many chances did Sissoko create for his teammates?

Also do you really think the likes of Sir Alex Ferguson, who has far greater football knowledge and player judgement than you me or anyone on this forum, would handpick him for their team of the tournament based on two group games? Do you think they're dumb enough to do that and not look at the tournament as a whole?

It just seems to me as if some Newcastle fans feel bad that their club ripped Tottenham off and got a ridiculous fee off them for a s*** player. So they feel like they have to justify the 30m somehow by letting on Sissoko was outstanding and France's great big hero in Euro 2016 when in fact he done nothing of significance in the 4 games he started and 2 games he came off the bench for. He was s***, just not as s*** as he normally was for Newcastle, but still s***.

Are you really telling me a player in the French team did it when it really mattered by scoring against Romania, Albania and Iceland? :lol: Pity he did fuck all against the two decent teams they played which is when Sissoko performed well

Saying Sissoko was good at the Euros is Danny Mills like.

Sissoko did what Sissoko always does, runs a lot. He'd be a star as a replacement for Forrest Gump but not as a footballer. He was as average-poor at the Euros as he has always been and certainly nowhere near as good as Payet.

He was better than Payet against the good teams basically while Payet was better against the shit teams

Payet was light-years ahead of Sissoko in the Euros, absolutely pointless trying to suggest otherwise :lol:

Sissoko did a cross against Ireland and had 2 shots against Portugal. That's literally it.

And won the ball and drove up the field loads of times and then gave the ball to the more talented players. He didn't play as an attacker for France, he was used as a player to get the ball up the pitch quickly by carrying it and giving it to the more talented players. Its like complaining about Xavi not getting that many goals and assists when he is usually the one who is giving the ball to the likes of Messi and Iniesta in better positions.

Not saying Sissoko is anywhere near as good as Xavi or a similar type of player btw