Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He might fail at Tottenham but he'll not fail in general like [emoji38]

Tbf to him, at the very least he's an average Premiership footballer.

He will like. He won't win major honours or be a prominent player at the highest level, not even for his country. If people consider his performances at the Euros as him having a blinder by the way... well they themselves are f***ing blind. He was bang average.

He's already been a prominent player at the highest level for his country

You're not talking about the Euros are you? If you are.... well if that's what it takes to become a prominent player at the highest level all Dummett has to do is just turn up for Wales and he'll be up there with Bale...

He was France's best player in the final

Guest Howaythetoon

He will like. He won't win major honours or be a prominent player at the highest level, not even for his country. If people consider his performances at the Euros as him having a blinder by the way... well they themselves are f***ing blind. He was bang average.

You're not talking about the Euros are you? If you are.... well if that's what it takes to become a prominent player at the highest level all Dummett has to do is just turn up for Wales and he'll be up there with Bale...

Wow, hand him world player of the year award now!

Wow, hand him world player of the year award now!

Aye, because being a prominent player in your national team at a high level = World Player of the Year. That's clearly exactly what I meant :thup:

Guest Howaythetoon

He isn't a prominent player though even if he had a good game in a final. He is just another French international who will never be remembered in the same way Scott Parker will never be remembered for England for example. What I'm saying, not that I need to point it out, is that Sissoko is and never will be a prominent footballer at any level. He will flop at Spurs and his miserable time at Newcastle will look like a highlight on his career reel along with playing well for France in a final. And that is it!

Sissoko is simply an awful footballer. He'll end up back in France at some nondescript club by the time he's 30. Ritchie is a much better footballer.

To get 30m for Sissoko shows that there is far too much money in the game and that those paid to coach, manage, buy and sell etc. can often be poor judges or lose sight of things to ridiculous levels.

Again I wouldn't pay 3m for him. He has no redeeming qualities as a footballer whatsoever. Pace is nothing without brains. 

Lastly its f***ing hilarious to see him basically perform like he has done for us for them mugs, he's basically failing on the stage he was so desperate to perform on :lol: I hope his career goes the same way as Pardew's the prick!

So even with too much money in the game you wouldn't pay £3m for him. Let's ask Spurs if they'd like a £27m rebate then, that's money we'd never have had if it was up to the likes of you.

I'm saying if I was a manager or club owner I would never look at Sissoko and think hmmm... lets drop 30m on the f***er. Even if I had billions and billions. And that's because he's f***ing s***, seriously s***. Alan Smith level of s***.

As for how much we got for him, thanks Mr Levy and please Mr Ashley, spend it on the team to help us go up/not get relegated anytime soon.

What's £3m in today's market anyway? I think I'd pay you that much just to shut up about the money at this point.

You still don't grasp it do you...

Grasp what? That everything isn't black or white? Do you think I'm blind that I can't see Payet has 10x the end product that Sissoko does? Individual talent isn't everything in the game. Managers sometimes want different attributes and Sissoko has some that Payet doesn't, that's why he is still playing for France, and it's why some of the premier's best rated managers over the last couple of years have chased his signature even to the daft tune of £30m. He's strong, works back, and does a good job at bringing the ball out at pace. It probably won't sit well with some fans, but he uses the ball intelligently as well. FWIW I've never claimed he's a world beater, it's you that's claimed he's shit. Only one talking hyperbole here is you.

Sissoko is simply an awful footballer. He'll end up back in France at some nondescript club by the time he's 30. Ritchie is a much better footballer.

To get 30m for Sissoko shows that there is far too much money in the game and that those paid to coach, manage, buy and sell etc. can often be poor judges or lose sight of things to ridiculous levels.

Again I wouldn't pay 3m for him. He has no redeeming qualities as a footballer whatsoever. Pace is nothing without brains. 

Lastly its f***ing hilarious to see him basically perform like he has done for us for them mugs, he's basically failing on the stage he was so desperate to perform on :lol: I hope his career goes the same way as Pardew's the prick!

So even with too much money in the game you wouldn't pay £3m for him. Let's ask Spurs if they'd like a £27m rebate then, that's money we'd never have had if it was up to the likes of you.

I'm saying if I was a manager or club owner I would never look at Sissoko and think hmmm... lets drop 30m on the f***er. Even if I had billions and billions. And that's because he's f***ing s***, seriously s***. Alan Smith level of s***.

As for how much we got for him, thanks Mr Levy and please Mr Ashley, spend it on the team to help us go up/not get relegated anytime soon.

What's £3m in today's market anyway? I think I'd pay you that much just to shut up about the money at this point.

You still don't grasp it do you...

Grasp what? That everything isn't black or white? Do you think I'm blind that I can't see Payet has 10x the end product that Sissoko does? Individual talent isn't everything in the game. Managers sometimes want different attributes and Sissoko has some that Payet doesn't, that's why he is still playing for France, and it's why some of the premier's best rated managers over the last couple of years have chased his signature even to the daft tune of £30m. He's strong, works back, and does a good job at bringing the ball out at pace. It probably won't sit well with some fans, but he uses the ball intelligently as well. FWIW I've never claimed he's a world beater, it's you that's claimed he's s***. Only one talking hyperbole here is you.

:lol:

They lost the game man. It's not as though he even helped them win with the performance.

Before someone jumps down my throat I realise it wasn't just based on one game, but that performance definitely massively inflated his price to quite a ridiculous degree. If he hadn't gone to the euros I think 17-20m would have been seen as fair.

Guest reefatoon

This thread is very fitting of the player. Loads of huffing and puffing with absolutely no end result and fucking tedious to watch.

Payet got 3 goals and two assists in 6 appearances in the Euros which included one sub appearence. He also got into the official team of the tournement. But yeah he did f*** all............................

Are you deliberately being thick?

I could pose that same question to you.

So are you?

You're saying one of the players of the tournament done nothing when it mattered.

Well you've already been call out on your horseshit as somebody mentioned his performances in the group stage as a starter. He got a goal and an assist in the Romania match, would have been an embarrassing loss without him, and another goal and assist against Albania which would have been a horrible 0-0 draw without his contributions to the match. All while Mr Sissoko done f*** all.

After being called out on your ignorance you had a change of heart and changed your tone to 'ooh he done nothing when it mattered in the knockouts I meant'.

Really?

Because for starters he scored the third goal against Iceland. You can talk s*** about how it was an easy match and Iceland were awful and blah blah but you cannot tell me a third goal in any given match does not matter not least in a Quarter-Final of a major competition. We all know the cliche about two goal leads being dangerous, and there is some truth in it just look at when Norwich were beating us 1-3 the other month, but the third goal more often than not proves to be the ultimate game killer. Far more times teams coming back from 2 down than 3 down.

He also created more chances in the knockouts than any other player on the French team, as well as the tournament as a whole for France. Again you can talk s*** about how none of them lead to assists but that's out of his control. He can't make his teammate put it in the net that's up to them and their ability. Are you going to sit there and tell me that creating chances for your teammates does not matter???  How many chances did Sissoko create for his teammates?

Also do you really think the likes of Sir Alex Ferguson, who has far greater football knowledge and player judgement than you me or anyone on this forum, would handpick him for their team of the tournament based on two group games? Do you think they're dumb enough to do that and not look at the tournament as a whole?

It just seems to me as if some Newcastle fans feel bad that their club ripped Tottenham off and got a ridiculous fee off them for a s*** player. So they feel like they have to justify the 30m somehow by letting on Sissoko was outstanding and France's great big hero in Euro 2016 when in fact he done nothing of significance in the 4 games he started and 2 games he came off the bench for. He was s***, just not as s*** as he normally was for Newcastle, but still s***.

[emoji38] :thup:

They even mentioned the installments thing. :lol:

I'd like to buy a car with similar terms: "Hi, I'd like to get this £50 000 car please. I wont pay the full amount though, but what I will do is pay you £500 a year over a period of 100 years, but only as long as I keep the car. Sounds good? Perfect"

I may be being a bit thick here so bear with me but...

Ok, let me get this straight: we signed Sissoko for "30 mil," but that number only matters if he stays/plays with us for 5 years? So if, say, we cut him in the summer- we are free and clear of him, having only spunked 6 mil on the lad?!? So again- the "30 mil" number is kind of meaningless? Yes?

So in no way are we obligated to actually pay the "30 mil" figure-- unless we keep him for five years?!? We're only obligated to pay Newcastle for one season of his service--- 6 mil?!?

I thought the way it works is "Sissoko signed by Spurs for 30 mil" (http://www.espnfc.us/story/2941679/tottenham-hotspur-sign-newcastle-united-midfielder-moussa-sissoko) means that- regardless of how it's divvied up, and whatever form those payments take- we are obligated to pay Newcastle 30 million Pounds for Moussa Sissoko.

Is that not true? What am I missing? I figured that we were on the hook for 30 mil full stop, but that perhaps we could sell the fucker to someone- anyone- to try and get beck some of the money (say, 10 mil or something like that).

What am I missing?

Yes, that's exactly how it works mate!

I may be being a bit thick here so bear with me but...

Ok, let me get this straight: we signed Sissoko for "30 mil," but that number only matters if he stays/plays with us for 5 years? So if, say, we cut him in the summer- we are free and clear of him, having only spunked 6 mil on the lad?!? So again- the "30 mil" number is kind of meaningless? Yes?

So in no way are we obligated to actually pay the "30 mil" figure-- unless we keep him for five years?!? We're only obligated to pay Newcastle for one season of his service--- 6 mil?!?

I thought the way it works is "Sissoko signed by Spurs for 30 mil" (http://www.espnfc.us/story/2941679/tottenham-hotspur-sign-newcastle-united-midfielder-moussa-sissoko) means that- regardless of how it's divvied up, and whatever form those payments take- we are obligated to pay Newcastle 30 million Pounds for Moussa Sissoko.

Is that not true? What am I missing? I figured that we were on the hook for 30 mil full stop, but that perhaps we could sell the f***er to someone- anyone- to try and get beck some of the money (say, 10 mil or something like that).

What am I missing?

Yes, that's exactly how it works mate!

Ha ha ha! What a muppet!

Mind you, some people on here thought Sunderland shouldn't have to pay Inter what they owe them because Alvarez isn't there anymore, so it's believeable.

Did they? I can't remember any posts other than laughing at them having to pay it