Massadio Haïdara

Optimistic Nut

One of the posts on those threads has a good point.  If they don't hand out bans to players after matches as they don't want to re-referee, then why do they rescind bans?  Surely that's re-refereeing.

Their whole operation is a succession of contradictions.

They don't do themselves any favours at all. I mean, the one thing they never seem to consider when making decisions is 'will this make us look like a total bunch of incompetents?'

FWIW The argument against re-refereeing is stupid anyway. Everyone knows referees are not perfect, it would be impossible for them to be. So why not do something to correct their errors after the game?

This just keeps getting better, noticed that the Wigan coach didn't get charged either.  :lol:

Aye, he has.

Ah, didn't see it mentioned in the report I read. Phew!  :lol:

dont worry Carver to get 12 game ban, Wigan coach to get a gold watch.

Did anyone post the Raylor tweet from about an hour ago? Doesn't seem best pleased.

Best we can hope for is that this brings the club together some more.

Seems to have removed it? the latest one I can see is from the 17th.

So first the shite officials missed pretty much every decision going in the game. Then the FA, despite wide media backing, fail to ban McManaman or give the officials a 'week off'. Finally they subsequently hand Carver a ban to rub salt into the wounds.

Why don't they go the full distance and wipe away the 1-1 result, oh yeah, they already did that ....

Click on all tweets, the numpty tweeted himself so it doesn't show up originally.

:thup: I'm useless with twitter :lol:

Ryan Taylor ‏@TaylorR1984

@TaylorR1984: I can't tell you what I'm thinking right now. All I can say is that I'm proud and honoured to be at NUFC.

Some of the stick Carver is getting is pathetic. All he did was tell the little shithouse what he thought of him, pretty sure had this happened to any other club they'd be happy to see their assistant manager do exactly what JC did.

I presume that I can link to this gif but not embed it, if im wrong please remove the link

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/8601/mcman2.gif

Just spent a few minutes playing with a gif of the tackle and removing Haidara from it. You can see McManaman come in to play/clear the ball normally but then his movement changes into a locked straight leg. This un-natural  movement starts before he plays the ball and certainly looks like he goes in to do Haidara.

I'm not arsed in the slightest that he hasn't been charged.

Doesn't help us and doesn't help Haidara.

If he was sent off on sunday it would but a 3 game ban doesn't help us especially as he's just a kid who was making his debut not a key player.

Retrospective punishments are shit and don't do the victims any good at all.

I presume that I can link to this gif but not embed it, if im wrong please remove the link

Just spent a few minutes playing with a gif of the tackle and removing Haidara from it. You can see McManaman come in to play/clear the ball normally but then his movement changes into a locked straight leg. This un-natural  movement starts before he plays the ball and certainly looks like he goes in to do Haidara.

Good work, detective. Interesting point. :thup:

"won the ball clean as a whistle"

If he was sent off on sunday it would but a 3 game ban doesn't help us especially as he's just a kid who was making his debut not a key player.

Aye, never mind justice and all that shite.

If someone walks up to you in the street and punches you in the face what good does it do you if they are sent to prison? I mean you have already been punched in the face so it's not going to help that.

Aye, never mind justice and all that shite.

What difference does it make? Won't help us will it?

Ridiculous post.

Retrospective punishments tell the player and any other players who have seen it that its unacceptable. Not punishing, and allowing him to get away from the incident scot free just increases the likelyhood of these incidents happening in the future.

You can't just let stuff like this slide because it was 'missed' on the day, it's fucking ridiculous.

If someone walks up to you in the street and punches you in the face what good does it do you if they are sent to prison? I mean you have already been punched in the face so it's not going to help that.

Give over man, it's not the same thing at all.

It would have helped us if he'd been sent off and we'd played against 10 men, won't make one jot of difference to us if he gets a retor ban.