Massadio Haïdara

Optimistic Nut

The Future of Haidara. Still unclear

January 20, 2013 By GFN_France

Massadio Haidara:

The U21 French international has been the stand out performer in Nancy’s faltering side so far this season. This has caused interest from many clubs around Europe. Nancy’s vice president has admitted a transfer is likely and that the player would be open to a move: “Today we are in contact with five English clubs…….We think a deal should be finalised soon. Massadio Haidara is our greatest asset. He’s been playing in Ligue 1 for two seasons now and would like to play in England.”

Newcastle, Tottenham and Everton are all strongly linked with the player, as well as Fiorentina and Roma from Italy. Haidara came close to a move to Aston Villa last summer, but the move broke down when manager Alex McLeish was sacked.

The 20 year old likes to get forward and is a good dribbler of the ball. He is weak in the air however. Haidara is a good raw talent, who we are sure you will hear more about in the future.

On the 15th January 2013, it was confirmed that Newcastle had made an offer of around 2.5 million euros, but the player was more interested in a move to Roma:

“I’d love to play in Italy, though Newcastle are also a good team. I know that my agent has spoken to both clubs, we’ll see what happens. As far as I am concerned, I’d love to play in Italy.”

The player once again changed his view and after initially accepting a bid from Newcastle, Nancy rejected it, as a better bid supposedly came in from West Ham. Other teams such as AC Milan and Roma were said to be lining up a move.

Nancy’s president has confirmed, however, that the player is on his way to England, to either West Ham or Newcastle.

On the 20th, our sources began reporting that Newcastle had agreed a fee with the player and he was on his was to Tyneside, although this is still unconfirmed.

We shall wait and see, but it seems unlikely that Haidara will be a Nancy player by the end of the market.

This is decent news but unless Pardew magically resigns there's no point. Sorry for the negativity.

And a new manager is suddenly going to sign quality players for 3m quid andkeep the few we have , what is it like on that planet you inhabit

i'd doubt many other managers with the squad we have at our disposal would have had shola playing yesterday, let alone a shola supposedly playing on the right.

i reckon out the 48,000 or so newcastle fans in the ground, none would have came up with that formation or personnel.

any half decent football club would not sell players like Anxy Carroll and Demba Ba leaving themselves relying on Shola AmeoBi

Guest pont-toon

Really hope this lad signs for us.

So do I after the left sided Thurman comment :lol:

Kind of wish I hadn't read them now.

Uma Thurman ?

Christ :lol:

Yeah Thuram, was actually thinking about a time I was talking to a lass about football ??? and I made the concious effort to call him 'Furam' because I didn't want to get into a debate about how you pronounce his name. Then she laughed, corrected me and told my mates I pronounce it that way :(