Massadio Haïdara

Optimistic Nut

Guest icemanblue

Somewhat cynical, but could we be holding off on confirming the nature of the injury until the FA charge the player?

Might have been posted before:

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/newcastleunited/id/723?&cc=5739

Good read

:thup:

It is a good read but if you think of the bone cruncher's Anita put in on Thursday and Cabaye on Dembele I'm not sure we should be looking for sympathy. Granted, it's ridiculous that neither Haidara or ben Arfa even got a free kick but in a way that makes it worse - the ref has called a foul and thinks it's only a yellow - the same punishment for kicking the ball away, time wasting, taking your shirt off etc.

2011 - Makes a reckless tackle on Gai Assulin and leaves him to be stretchered off the pitch.

FEB 2013 - Announces on Twitter that "are(!) boys love a tackle" and uses the hashtag #twofoot.

MARCH 2013 - Makes a reckless tackle on Massadio Haidara and leaves him to be stretchered off the pitch.

Not that sort though is he.

2011 - Makes a reckless tackle on Gai Assulin and leaves him to be stretchered off the pitch.

FEB 2013 - Announces on Twitter that "are(!) boys love a tackle" and uses the hashtag #twofoot.

MARCH 2013 - Makes a reckless tackle on Massadio Haidara and leaves him to be stretchered off the pitch.

Not that sort though is he.

If Martinez and Whelan says he's not that sort of player it must be true.

If suing him is possible, take the thug to the cleaners. I'm worried about what legal action implies though :(

It means we've been hurt in some way by recklessness, neligence or vindictive intent. Frankly there's not enough legal action brought by football clubs for this sort of thing. It implies very little as to Haidara's recovery.

De Jong wasn't even punished retrospectively was he?

De Jong's wasn't nearly as bad as this. I'm not sticking up for De Jong but a lot of the reation to that was down to who got injured and the extent of it.

De Jong's wasn't nearly as bad as this. I'm not sticking up for De Jong but a lot of the reation to that was down to who got injured and the extent of it.

ref claimed he had seen the incident at the time and hadnt thought a foul - hence FA couldnt take action

I didn't get nowhere near as mad at the De Jong incident as i have at this....

I still to this day believe that the De Jong tackle was an accident and Hatem was just extremely unlucky to feel the full force of it and i didn't consider it to be insanely reckless either.

This to me has some sort of intent behind it and is extremely reckless and studs first well above the ball.

I don't like De Jong at all but i don't consider it to be anywhere near as bad as this.

:thup:

From memory I genuinely don't think De Jong's was that bad at all in comparison to what we see pretty often.

A red wouldn't exactly have been harsh but had Ben Arfa not broke his leg I don't think anyone would have complained after the game with a yellow.

Not sure about legal action like. You start going down a dangerous path with that. Plus, have to remember some of our own players over time. Remember Guthrie breaking that lads leg, played for Hull I think.