Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa joins AS Roma then Lyon

KaKa

MYM wasn't weak - he just wasn't naturally physical, mainly because he hadn't played his football in a physical environment. I am sure that given time to adapt he could have added this to his game.

Like Coloccini added it, you mean? :lol:

I am not sure how the inability of one player to improve a particular attribute means that no other player can do so.

Exactly  :lol: had a little chuckle at that.

Naturally small, weak CBs rarely succeed in the PL. You can add a bit of token muscle but it isn't going to help you much in the long run. Look how S.Taylor adding muscle helped him, not one bit.

We actually haven't played that many long balls this season. Pardew's new tactic seems to be to play shitloads of 5 yard sideways and backwards passes in our own half

Of course that is Pardew's preferred tactic - that way, it looks as if you have plenty of possession on the stats but if the stats also showed number of forward passes(as opposed to humping the ball over the top, another favoured Pardew tactic), it would put a completely different complexion on it all.

Pardew is hoping that by keeping the ball in m/f with sideways passing, the opposition will not score many goals against us - trouble is, they usually score at least ONE more..

Basically, it is a cowardly tactic and reflects his lack of tactical and coaching nous....it also reflects how the club shy away from buying players who COULD produce clever forward passes because they usually cost more than Ashley & Co want to pay...as do strikers.

Guest antz1uk

i actually like mibiwa, thought he was harshly treated, and should have been given a sustained spell at CH where i think he would have come good, however i think in his quotes there he seems to be talking a bit cowardly, but then again, his heads probably been shot to bits by pardew

Playing Empoli. Hopefully Yanga-Mbiwa gets a game, though I suspect it'll be Astori-Manolas in the middle.

Honestly, the contrast between the football under Rudi and Pardew is staggering :lol: