Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa joins AS Roma then Lyon

KaKa

I don't agree that Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa should have been loaned out. Having said that, the Italian league is very different to the Premiership. A player being good in Italy doesn't mean they'll be good in the Premiership. The Italian league is played at a slower pace and is less physical.

I still remember the insane rugby tackle Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa did on someone in the penalty area. He was far from blameless when it came to some of his performances. He may have got to be really good or maybe his game just isn't suited to the Premiership. I doubt we'll ever find out as if he keeps playing well for Roma they'll probably buy him.

He played really well for a while before he got dropped very unfairly! No wonder he lost a lot of confidence because of that. If he had continued playing at CB which he deserved who knows how well he would have done..

I don't agree that Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa should have been loaned out. Having said that, the Italian league is very different to the Premiership. A player being good in Italy doesn't mean they'll be good in the Premiership. The Italian league is played at a slower pace and is less physical.

I still remember the insane rugby tackle Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa did on someone in the penalty area. He was far from blameless when it came to some of his performances. He may have got to be really good or maybe his game just isn't suited to the Premiership. I doubt we'll ever find out as if he keeps playing well for Roma they'll probably buy him.

shaking with rage reading this, i'm utterly confounded that there are still people breathing fresh air who attribute things to "the player(s)"

pardew sold the lad out, there's nothing else to the story

He was responsible for lerds of gerls, man. Lerds. Apparently.

:lol: Totally. Notice how the goals stopped as soon as he was out of the team? That's management right there.

:lol: Roma racking up clean sheets and their fans loving MYM. Good old Pards, proper football man, knows the game

:lol: He's still the manager.

Yanga had a mini run of 3-4 games alongside Williamson when Coloccini was injured - that was when he needed to "take his chance" without being dragged down by either Saylor or Coloccini (as Williamson was in decent form himself). And for many of us, MYM did "take his chance", he clearly looked to be a good foil for Williamson adding some much needed pace at the back, read situations fairly well, won some important one-on-ones, brought the ball out of defence and distributed it nearly as neatly as Colo. It was criminal that Colo was allowed to walk back into the team at Mbiwa's expense despite (a) being in s*** form (and continues to be in shirt form), (b) making it very clear he no longer wanted to be at NUFC, and © coming to the end of his career whereas Mbiwa would have been the future.

But then that's Alan Pardew for you - casts talented players aside and then claims he has nothing to work with. Absolute moron of the highest degree.

Has a team on the bottom ever loaned a god damn player to a team at the top of a league? I mean, not a frustrated "Get me out if here type of loan." We're shit and he's loaned our best two players, and the fans at the game aren't bothered with the protests.

Funnily enough while in the Championship, QPR loaned out similarly named Mbia to Sevilla in the Championship.  Always seemed to start or come off the bench when I watched them in the second half of the season.  Pretty certain he played when Sevilla beat a full strength Real Madrid and of course he starred in their EL triumph. 

If Pardew had any faith in the lad he would've kept him going at CB after that run where he looked settled and pretty solid. Pardew was never good to give the lad a real chance.  Never.

He was Coloccini's replacement, and when he didn't go he was a bit part player. Probably would have worked out for him if Colo had gone back to Argentina.

Why is Willo undroppable, though.

Pardew wants that no nonsense guy in defence, the guy who will hoof it if in doubt. Taylor is too rash at times, and he's prone to those action man moments.

Has a team on the bottom ever loaned a god damn player to a team at the top of a league? I mean, not a frustrated "Get me out if here type of loan." We're s*** and he's loaned our best two players, and the fans at the game aren't bothered with the protests.

Wham loaned Faubert to Real Madrid. That one was quite the puzzler though.

College Dropout is correct in pointing out Mbia, I think that can easily be excused because of QPR's relegation though.

He was Coloccini's replacement, and when he didn't go he was a bit part player. Probably would have worked out for him if Colo had gone back to Argentina.

Why is Willo undroppable, though.

Because he's the only one who can lead the defence, for a start, as shit as he often is. 

All comes down to Coloccini not doing his bit, as per.

shaking with rage reading this, i'm utterly confounded that there are still people breathing fresh air who attribute things to "the player(s)"

pardew sold the lad out, there's nothing else to the story

Shaking with rage? I'm laughing picturing that. MYM did have a decent 4 game run alongside Williamson. He shouldn't have been dropped but he was. He also did some crazy things (like the rugby tackle) when he did play.