Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa joins AS Roma then Lyon

KaKa

I think if Coloccini had left like seemed likely at the time then Pardew would have been forced to play MYM and it would have ended up differently.

IMO he was Colo's replacement, there's no way we would have signed such a similar player for big-ish money (fee and wages) otherwise.  As it happens, Pardew was never going to leave Coloccini out when he was fit and (rightly or wrongly) was never going to play them together either.  So MYM never played.

I disagree, not on the wages Yanga-M'Biwa was on. 

We were in relegation danger and with all of that stuff going on in Coloccini's personal life (whatever it was), it did seem like he might be transferred or go AWOL or at the very least not be at all focussed.

I just can't see it personally, adding an extra £50k or whatever to the wage bill while spending the Ba money on the fee. 

We'll never know I suppose, was obvious they wouldn't be best suited to playing alongside each other like.

The MYM deal did look like decent planning though.  Colo was getting on and fistpumps and Willo weren't up to scratch so we brought in a young, talented defender who had just captained his side to a championship.  Half a season learning under Colo and he'd be ready to slot straight in the next season and take over the captaincy if and when it became available.

I think that was the intention of the recruitment team anyway.  Unfortunately they didn't bargain on our esteemed leader deciding he was a reserve right back.

The MYM deal did look like decent planning though.  Colo was getting on and fistpumps and Willo weren't up to scratch so we brought in a young, talented defender who had just captained his side to a championship.  Half a season learning under Colo and he'd be ready to slot straight in the next season and take over the captaincy if and when it became available.

I think that was the intention of the recruitment team anyway.  Unfortunately they didn't bargain on our esteemed leader deciding he was a reserve right back.

:lol:  O0

Impresses Roma that they wanted to tie up a permanent deal before the agreed 4.5m end-of-season option. NUFC facilitates the sale of an in-demand player by accepting a discounted 4m fee. :lol:

Impresses Roma that they wanted to tie up a permanent deal before the agreed 4.5m end-of-season option. NUFC facilitates the sale of an in-demand player by accepting a discounted 4m fee. :lol:

Surely this has to annoy Ashley. Can't be happy throwing money away.

Surely this has to annoy Ashley. Can't be happy throwing money away.

It will be 4m + the 1m loan fee for MYM, a loss of 1.7m. Essentially peanuts to Ashley, considering we sold a few players for nice profits. Possibly the only way it would piss Ashley off is if MYM gets sold for big money as Roma did for Marquinhos and Benatia.