Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa joins AS Roma then Lyon

KaKa

Colo's been poor defensively this season. As bad as Williamson imo, just been excellent on the ball. Can attribute at least 5-6 goals conceded to some bad defending on Colo's part really.

WUM.

He didn't have a large part to play in both goals conceded on Saturday?

He's been unsettled and hasn't been performing defensively for large parts of the season.

He has, but you are focusing only on the mistakes. There's a lot of sterling defensive work which goes on over 90 mins. Take him out of there and see how Taylor gets on with Williamson.

Can't believe how much stick Coloccini is getting over giving away that foul ffs.

Not allowed to make any mistakes.

The whole team has been gash all season, its hard to pick on individual players.

Can't believe how much stick Coloccini is getting over giving away that foul ffs.

Not allowed to make any mistakes.

The whole team has been gash all season, its hard to pick on individual players.

One of the reasons i'm loath to pick out individuals, its the team that has been gash across the board and when that happens its hard for individuals to be consistent.

The problem is that there's a tendency to point fingers when a goal is conceded - "he should have stopped that cross", "he wasn't tight enough", "he should have got down quicker" then you can quickly count up how many goals Defender X has "cost us" over the course of a season when it doesn't really work that way.

The other team is always going to score at some point in a season and that doesn't necessarily mean it's anyone's fault. Put the four greatest defenders in history in a back four in front of Peter Schmeichel and they'll still concede goals (and fans of this great side will still say "Maldini's cocked up there")

Of course, sometimes it is somebody's fault but it's degrees of blame. A stray backpass straight to the opposition centre forward is not comparable to giving away a free kick thirty yards from your own goal yet both go down as "cost us a goal there"

I've seen at least three people blamed for the first on Saturday and at least four blamed for the second! So if you're keeping score, that's Colo's cost us two, Perch two, Krul two and Taylor one, that's from two goals. So if we concede fifty over the season, you're looking at the collective back four being to blame for at least 350 of those.

In conclusion, it's all a bit silly.

I may not have been paying that much attention, but I just didn't notice him looking anything but solid outside of the 2 goals, the whole defence looked shite after that as we pushed on for an equaliser allowing Bale to nearly score 3 goals in the space of about 5 minutes.

He looked pretty good to me for most of the game. The two goals conceded as well weren't exactly massive howlers. The free kick cost us, but Bale still had to hit a pretty fantastic shot. The second goal was more Taylor's fault for me.

Dropout is actually becoming the most annoying poster on here... :anguish:

The Cisse bashing is particularly tedious.

Musn't let someone have his own opinion now, can we ?

Dropout is actually becoming the most annoying poster on here... :anguish:

The Cisse bashing is particularly tedious.

Musn't let someone have his own opinion now, can we ?

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/31493378.jpg

The problem is that there's a tendency to point fingers when a goal is conceded - "he should have stopped that cross", "he wasn't tight enough", "he should have got down quicker" then you can quickly count up how many goals Defender X has "cost us" over the course of a season when it doesn't really work that way.

The other team is always going to score at some point in a season and that doesn't necessarily mean it's anyone's fault. Put the four greatest defenders in history in a back four in front of Peter Schmeichel and they'll still concede goals (and fans of this great side will still say "Maldini's cocked up there")

Of course, sometimes it is somebody's fault but it's degrees of blame. A stray backpass straight to the opposition centre forward is not comparable to giving away a free kick thirty yards from your own goal yet both go down as "cost us a goal there"

I've seen at least three people blamed for the first on Saturday and at least four blamed for the second! So if you're keeping score, that's Colo's cost us two, Perch two, Krul two and Taylor one, that's from two goals. So if we concede fifty over the season, you're looking at the collective back four being to blame for at least 350 of those.

In conclusion, it's all a bit silly.

:thup:

If we are to be successful Coloccini needs to performing close to his best, at least 80% of the time. He's been poor all seasno and has gotten an easy ride. He's a big player and he needs big performances.

If Krul, Colo, Cabaye & Cisse have excellent games - we win imo. So I demand a lot from them. Colo + Cisse in particular have been poor and it's not anyone else's fault largely.

The freekick was legitimate poor defending, within excellent range of a freekick. The poor challenge/late reaction was exactly that. Can't afford your star CB to be so cheap/weak/slow.