Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa joins AS Roma then Lyon

KaKa

Whilst Colo has had some questionable moments this season, like most defenders do tbf, his defending has been good for the most part this season. I have been very critical about him for his off the field actions in the past two months, but to his credit he does seem to take leadership on the pitch and is still a very important player for us. To have three good centre back gives us a problem of luxury, which we aren't exactly accustomed to around these parts, and gives us the option of benching him if Pardew feels Taylor and Yanga-Mbiwa offer more in the short or long term, but this shouldn't be used as a stick to beat Colo with imho. That said, like almost everybody in our squad he has not reached the level he performed at last season, so it's fair to ask some critical questions too. Don't understand why it needs to be so black or white.

So he has no responsibility in his poor form? I'm done.

I've never said he should be dropped so I don't know people keep mentioning it.

I never said that at all :lol:

I don't think he's in "poor form", that's my point. He's had some very poor moments which he should take responsibility for, yes.

Both went on to look very crap. Bassong has only looked a good player again 3 years later. Bassong was good for such a young man but he wasn't that good.

Without Ba's goals we would've been in the relegation zone, no doubt in my mind.

With colo on the pitch we where heading for 3 points. IMO we would've won had he not got injured. We also lost the 3 games he was suspended for after L'pool.

Yes, had Colo not made those two mistakes it would've been an excellent performance? Had we scored 3, it would be noted but overlooked like our poorish closing down of Chelsea's goals the week before.

I agree Pardew's systems haven't benefited the whole team but IMO some of his senior players have let him down. Especially the spine of the team + Jonas.

Both went on to look very crap. Bassong has only looked a good player again 3 years later. Bassong was good for such a young man but he wasn't that good.

Without Ba's goals we would've been in the relegation zone, no doubt in my mind.

With colo on the pitch we where heading for 3 points. IMO we would've won had he not got injured. We also lost the 3 games he was suspended for after L'pool.

Yes, had Colo not made those two mistakes it would've been an excellent performance? Had we scored 3, it would be noted but overlooked like our poorish closing down of Chelsea's goals the week before.

I agree Pardew's systems haven't benefited the whole team but IMO some of his senior players have let him down. Especially the spine of the team + Jonas.

Let it go man.

If anyone starts my chant then I'll be well happy!

it;s pretty hard to fit jimmywttoonarmy into a decent tune though.

Woaaahhhh jimmywttoonarmy

Knees bent, arms stretched, rah rah rah