Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa joins AS Roma then Lyon

KaKa

Absolute beast, Pardew will have lots of headaches for team selection vs Southampton.

Not Southampton - he will revert back to Debuchy - Taylor - Colo - Santon - but going forward it is going to be interesting. Be surprised if Simpson features in the league again this season though as both Yanga and Santon can cover RB.

Can't possibly be dropped after the last two games? Barely put a foot wrong in either. It may seem harsh on the guy dropping out whoever it is but that's what a good manager should do.

Afterall it is "france day" at SJP on sunday so he has to play :)

Pardew seemed extremely positive over MYM's contribution and said it was very important that he got to see him in this role. That all points to Pardew being very tempted to slotting him in at CB over the next couple of games! One slip up from Taylor and I can see him straight in and cementing his place.

Yanga-Mbiwa excites me so much. He seems to have all the attributes of a stopper and a sweeper. Pace, strength, agility, reading of the game, confident on the ball and great determination in his tackle. There were situations last night when him and Coloccini helped eachother out through proactive actions, falling in behind eachother and cutting out passes and crosses. And it was their first game together.

I also like that Mapou makes us a lot less vulnerable when defending with a high line.

To have Steven Taylor on form AND this lad besides Coloccini. Best CB set up I've seen at the club.

Looks class - some quality interceptions last night and seems to cover ground very well.

Looks strong, quick and very competent with the ball at his feet. So good having 3 good Centre Halves until end of season with him also able to cover Right Back in emergencies.

Hopefully we will sort out Colo thing in summer and replace if he does go. Who would we get though that would be near that level for a reasonable fee.

Quick to the Carr phone

Looks class - some quality interceptions last night and seems to cover ground very well.

Looks strong, quick and very competent with the ball at his feet. So good having 3 good Centre Halves until end of season with him also able to cover Right Back in emergencies.

Hopefully we will sort out Colo thing in summer and replace if he does go. Who would we get though that would be near that level for a reasonable fee.

Quick to the Carr phone

My hope is Alderweireld from Ajax but he'll probably go to a CL club and i'm expecting the club to go for a younger player to compete with Taylor and Mbiwa takes Colo's role as the undisputed starter.