Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa joins AS Roma then Lyon

KaKa

Guest reefatoon

"It's all very physical" . . . He's a centre back, he shouldn't be going on about things being too physical, makes him sound a bit of a pussy.

Guest reefatoon

Makes him sound like he knows how to play football.

Well not really, football is a physical sport and you especially need to be able to cope with that if you are a centre back, whether you like playing the football on the floor or not.

Never looked like he struggled physically IMO, he certainly wasn't weak. Probably just said that because it's all Pardew went on about.

Give me a break, man. He's as weak as piss. Still think he should've been starting for us this season given the shit alternatives, mind.

"It's all very physical" . . . He's a centre back, he shouldn't be going on about things being too physical, makes him sound a bit of a pussy.

Yep. Imagine John Terry moaning about the physicality of the league. This is exactly why you need to buy players fit for purpose and not just cheap ones who might fetch a significant profit.

Never looked like he struggled physically IMO, he certainly wasn't weak. Probably just said that because it's all Pardew went on about.

Give me a break, man. He's as weak as p*ss. Still think he should've been starting for us this season given the s*** alternatives, mind.

Yep. Imagine John Terry moaning about the physicality of the league. This is exactly why you need to buy players fit for purpose and not just cheap ones who might fetch a significant profit.

He's weak in the air, but certainly not weak physically IMO.

Give me a break, man. He's as weak as p*ss. Still think he should've been starting for us this season given the s*** alternatives, mind.

He's weak in the air, but certainly not weak physically IMO.

He is like.

Of course he is, man.

But even if he was...they've got these things you can lift over and over again. If his weakness is his strength...work on his strength. What does the team even do in training.

As far as I'm concerned he should've been starting alongside Williamson. It's not a stellar partnership but I think it's the best from what we have. As for the physical stuff, I don't think he was that weak. No more so than Coloccini really who regularly gets bested in that department pretty much every game but seems to be immune to criticism. And as mentioned, that's one of the easiest things to improve as a player. Just get him in the gym. It's much more difficult to teach actual footballing ability which is something he has.

Argument should be more simple fellas, come on. His manager is Pardew. His manager has a history of regressing nearly every "highly rated" player he comes in contact with since his time. I'm done trying to blame any players any more with this piece of s*** in charge of the playing staff.

totally agree. He has clearly been pardewed...another manager would have handled him well.