Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa joins AS Roma then Lyon

KaKa

It's something I think he would have gotten used to if he had been given a fair run in the side with the right kind of defensive partner.

The Premiership is a physical league, I get where he's coming from as it's a lot of running compared to the French League and attackers can be very strong. Again though, we don't know if he would have been upto it as he wasn't given a fair crack of the whip.

I remember him knocking Benteke on his are after going shoulder to shoulder. His weakness was aerial.

Yup, but I'm not going to argue about it anymore. That dude was a hell of an athlete. Quick and strong. Just indecisive with aerial balls, and a lot of the time it was more his initial positioning, and also letting the ball bounce, rather than attacking the ball.

MYM wasn't weak - he just wasn't naturally physical, mainly because he hadn't played his football in a physical environment. I am sure that given time to adapt he could have added this to his game.

Like Coloccini added it, you mean? :lol:

MYM wasn't weak - he just wasn't naturally physical, mainly because he hadn't played his football in a physical environment. I am sure that given time to adapt he could have added this to his game.

I am not sure how the inability of one player to improve a particular attribute means that no other player can do so.

I am not sure how the inability of one player to improve a particular attribute means that no other player can do so.

Especially one that is physically inferior to Yanga-Mbiwa in just about every attribute and arrived at a more advanced age.

apparently an article in the sun about us being long ball merchants. no subscription so cant read it online. anyone seen it?

Its from yesterdays sun

Mapou Yanga Mbiwa has labelled Alan Pardews Newcastle a team of long ball merchants. The France international defender left the toon to join Roma on  season long loan deal.

He said " things did not go well for me in England, they don't have the same vision of football and they base everything around physical strength, it is different in Italy people play the ball properly.Serie A is very similar to the French league. I am hungry for trophies and victories and this is why I have decided to come over."

apparently an article in the sun about us being long ball merchants. no subscription so cant read it online. anyone seen it?

Its from yesterdays sun

Mapou Yanga Mbiwa has labelled Alan Pardews Newcastle a team of long ball merchants. The France international defender left the toon to join Roma on  season long loan deal.

He said " things did not go well for me in England, they don't have the same vision of football and they base everything around physical strength, it is different in Italy people play the ball properly.Serie A is very similar to the French league. I am hungry for trophies and victories and this is why I have decided to come over."

bit of a shame. was hoping for worse.

Exactly  :lol: had a little chuckle at that.

Really wish MYM had gone for it in that interview but as he's still contracted to NUFC am not surprised he held back a bit.