Aston Villa vs Newcastle - 29/01/13 @ 7:45pm - Not on TV

Beren

Villa have Benteke though, he's pretty immense and can win any game for you. We just don't know what the fuck to expect from ourselves, especially with all this new talent hoyed in!

Nailed on to be a 0-0 then.

If they go down Benteke would be worth looking at.

Think they'll say up personally. The cup was a distraction, think lambert will ave the, refocused on the league if not when they play us at least a game or so after.

Qpr, although I've backed them as soon a Redknapp came in to stay up, need 3 key players to get them going again, without that they'll struggle and go down. Wigan & Reading will be there as well, neither doing enough in the window to stay up IMO.

Aren't Villa pretty suspect at long balls/crosses into the box? I know Bradford had some joy and got 2 goals from corners/crosses.

Couldn't be Shola in the starting 11 in a 4-4-2 could it?  :kasper:

Villa have been conceding goals for fun from set pieces this season. Cabaye really needs to find his form for set piece delivery in this match, or at least leave it for Anita.

Aren't Villa pretty suspect at long balls/crosses into the box? I know Bradford had some joy and got 2 goals from corners/crosses.

You need to attack our left side, get balls into the box.

We can't cope with it. Everyone has worked it out. Even Bradford.

Its like i'm reading the same thing twice except the words "lambert" and "lerner" were replaced by "Ashley" and "Pardew" eerily familiar.

yep, it is exactly the same.

in fact, I am starting to think Lerner is using you as his case study to follow.

You need to attack our left side, get balls into the box.

We can't cope with it. Everyone has worked it out. Even Bradford.

Fergie left wing,Shola up top then at some point

Edit - No that's wrong as that'll be your right side.

Debuchy bombing down the flank then  O0

Villa have been conceding goals for fun from set pieces this season. Cabaye really needs to find his form for set piece delivery in this match, or at least leave it for Anita.

I am not really exaggerating much when I say that a corner against us is as good as a penalty.

It is all about scoring against us.

When we played West Brom last week, we were brilliant in the first half. We then took a two goal lead, came out for the second, conceded early and utterly fell apart.

There's a good team there, but they're mostly young kids, and their confidence has taken a huge kicking. It doesn't take much to make it collapse.

That's why that article is so infuriating. If we got in a CB with a bit of nous, and a hard working defensive midfielder, that team would improve exponentially.

Every fucker can see it. Except the chairman. It wouldn't even take huge money, 8m or so the pair if we chose correctly.

I know this won't happen, and probably for good reason, but

Krul

Debuchy    Colo    Mbiwa    Santon

Sissoko    Cabaye    Anita

Gouffran                                Marveaux

Cisse

Krul

Cisse

Should be this BUT I reckon Shola and Jonas will find a way of getting into the side

The nice thing is there options now.  Previously the team picked itself so it must have been easy for opposition managers to work out their game plan.

There's also the possibility that Pardew has to think now and i don't know about you but Pardew having to think is very dangerous IMO.

Krul

Cisse

Colo and Mapou are on the wrong sides, but such a good line up. This is mental. :lol:

The nice thing is there options now.  Previously the team picked itself so it must have been easy for opposition managers to work out their game plan.

There's also the possibility that Pardew has to think now and i don't know about you but Pardew having to think is very dangerous IMO.

That's very true.

Krul

Cisse

Colo and Mapou are on the wrong sides, but such a good line up. This is mental. :lol:

Last week

Krul

Debuchy Williamson Coloccini Santon

Cabaye Anita Marveaux

Ameobi Cisse Jonas

What a difference a week makes uh?